Jul 25, 2017, 07:36 AM
ARFs Are Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer
Thanks for the pictures. I thought you were referring to the small plastic fairing next to the fuselage. My bad.

McD
I thought the same thing, until I saw the pics.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2017, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the pictures. I thought you were referring to the small plastic fairing next to the fuselage. My bad.

Tom's fix is the best approach for your problem.

McD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump
I thought the same thing, until I saw the pics.
I contacted Great Planes. It sounds like they are going send me new landing gear. Everyone including Great Planes thought I was referring to the small plastic fairing next to the fuselage. Then I started posting and sending pictures. I didn't know what to call the things that were cracking. The word "fairing" was the best I could come up with.
Jul 26, 2017, 06:52 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
Glad the Great Planes Customer Service folks were able to take care of your problem.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jun 04, 2019, 11:52 PM

Construction advises

Hello All

I just got a GP Waco and will start assembling it soon!

I was reading this review/forum and another forums as well and I'm going with the DLE20RA as the engine.

Kingsflyer, I would like to ask ig you have some clearance between the engine and the cowl? The DLE20RA is 3mm higher that the DLE20. This is a minor difference and I hope I wont need to cut more of the cowl than the aperture for the spark plug as you did.
Also, what size of tank you are using?

Thanks a lot!
Jun 06, 2019, 01:35 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
I used the provided tank that came with the kit. I just changed the stopper to a gasoline stopper.

The only reason I mounted my DLE20 on its side was that my original installation was for the AX95 that was side mounted. If I were starting my build from scratch, I would mount the DLE20RA with the head facing straight down like they show the DLE30 in the instructions.

McD
Jun 08, 2019, 01:43 PM
Hello

I have another question.

I saw in different posts that some had problems with the aluminium brackets that broke over time.

In the upper wing, after assembling it, there will be no access to change the brackets if I'm understanding the manual correctly.

How do you manage to change the brackets of the upper wing after it is assembled?

I'm adding a pic to show the issue I'm talking about.

Thank you for your patience
Last edited by PedroM; Jun 08, 2019 at 01:45 PM. Reason: .
Jun 08, 2019, 02:18 PM
Quote:
I used the provided tank that came with the kit. I just changed the stopper to a gasoline stopper.

The only reason I mounted my DLE20 on its side was that my original installation was for the AX95 that was side mounted. If I were starting my build from scratch, I would mount the DLE20RA with the head facing straight down like they show the DLE30 in the instructions.

McD
Thanks for your reply! Yep, this is what I'm planning to do.

Cheers!
Last edited by PedroM; Jun 08, 2019 at 02:21 PM. Reason: .
Jun 09, 2019, 04:05 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
I never had any problems with the brackets that were glued between the wing sections nor the ones on the fuselage cabane struts. The brackets that failed were on the interplane struts on the outer wing panels.
Jun 09, 2019, 02:16 PM
Quote:
I never had any problems with the brackets that were glued between the wing sections nor the ones on the fuselage cabane struts. The brackets that failed were on the interplane struts on the outer wing panels.
That is good to know! Thanks!

Quick Reply