Mar 28, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
New Product

2S-3S LiPo Battery Monitor with integrated LED switch

Here it is at last. It is damn simple but efficient. I plan to use it mainly on my quadcopters. Let me know if you guys want more details.
A new version is under study, for 4S battery users.

LiPo Battery Monitor (1 min 26 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2011, 08:58 PM
I for one would like to know more!
Apr 01, 2011, 09:58 PM
As someone building a new plane with LEDs, this is a great idea and I would also like to know more.
Apr 03, 2011, 01:33 AM
Multicopter Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzy
I for one would like to know more!
I second that as well!! Did you build it yourself? Are you selling them? Will it be a DIY kind of thing? Tell us more!
Apr 06, 2011, 05:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead4554
I second that as well!! Did you build it yourself? Are you selling them? Will it be a DIY kind of thing? Tell us more!
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay, I was away for a few days !

First, thanks for your interrest. Yes, I did design it (hardware and software) myself, on my spare time. There are a lot a battery alarms on the market, but I did not find eaxctly what I wanted so, I designed it !

It is currently under validation, making sure it is working okay, then it will be available for puchase. I don't have a price yet, as you all know, it depends on quantities. It might come either as a pre-assembled unit or as a DIY kit, I am not sure yet. What would you guys prefer ?

I might select a couple beta testers very soon. I will have a few more units ready early next week, let me know if you guys are interrested.

Is there any specific question you would like to see answered ?
Apr 06, 2011, 07:58 PM
Dave the Rave
Is it programmable? I ask because I see a couple of 3-pin headers on one side. What are they for?
Apr 06, 2011, 08:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccormick001
Is it programmable? I ask because I see a couple of 3-pin headers on one side. What are they for?
This is effectively the ISP port for the atmel micro. It is used to load the firmware.

So yes, it is programmable, but not "user" programmable. It could be if the firmware is released to "customer" which could be done easily.
Apr 11, 2011, 02:57 AM
Look at my little red dot
I loved to have one for 4s life cells
Apr 11, 2011, 09:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat
I loved to have one for 4s life cells
What should be the output voltage for the swithes ? The main 4s battery voltage or a regulated 12v ?
Apr 12, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hi.

Yes, please share the schematic and build log. Great project!
Apr 12, 2011, 01:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulsifier12
Hi.

Yes, please share the schematic and build log. Great project!
Thanks for your interest !
The device has been design to be sold by my friend's company. If you are interested, please PM me.
Aug 12, 2011, 03:54 PM
You have the price of your lipo monitor?
Or schematic for realize them?
Aug 13, 2011, 01:11 AM
Closed Account
PCB question: Why leave the fill copper on the board? It obviously doesn't matter if you did or not in this circuit, just curious.

Sorry:
I guess that question doesn't make sense for your board after looking at it some more. I have seen designs made by a board house with copper islands, and wondered why they did that. In this example, I try to route everything on the top with a good ground plane.
Don't want to hijack your sales thread, but this *is* DIY
Last edited by eagle777; Aug 13, 2011 at 02:19 AM.
Aug 13, 2011, 11:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777
PCB question: Why leave the fill copper on the board? It obviously doesn't matter if you did or not in this circuit, just curious.

Sorry:
I guess that question doesn't make sense for your board after looking at it some more. I have seen designs made by a board house with copper islands, and wondered why they did that. In this example, I try to route everything on the top with a good ground plane.
Don't want to hijack your sales thread, but this *is* DIY
Copper "island" are ground plane:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_plane
Aug 14, 2011, 01:10 AM
@Maglite, where i can buy your lipo monitor?

Quick Reply