Mar 27, 2011, 08:00 AM
"whirlydude"
Last edited by flyeraroo; May 26, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2011, 08:15 AM
"whirlydude"
Last edited by flyeraroo; May 26, 2011 at 07:58 AM.
Mar 27, 2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlydude
I think that sounds like pretty sound advice!
Me no think fly agrees.
Mar 27, 2011, 09:34 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Hey, it was nice to log on this morning to see the thread take off with the regulars and some new faces here. Welcome all!

Microbaba, thanks for the Chinglese chuckles, those Chinese instructions always make me chuckle. I even have to laugh at my sleeping pill bottle: Do not drive when taking these.

SoloPro, I suppose the tulip fields will be in bloom before long, it is an impressive sight that I never saw when I lived in Holland.

whirlydude, that link has a nice looking plane, however is that style more for the advanced flyer? I got a couple of Nine Eagles Sky Eagle, the Cessna. I am going to fly the Champ first before I try these. Yes landing the Champ will take a bit to learn but a flop over in the grass should not cause any damage.

What is the best glue to use on these foam planes?

Hi Jim, welcome back. I just LOVE the paint job on that canopy, you have the touch bud! I love to see the finished product.

spawnconnery, sounds like you have quite a fleet too. I need to update my blog one of these days to add my other helis and my planks.

It is cold but sunny here today, 19° F or -5°C. I promised the wife a nice country drive to a nice little country bulk and gift store about 25 minutes from here.

Durk
Mar 27, 2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieslander
Microbaba, thanks for the Chinglese chuckles, those Chinese instructions always make me chuckle. I even have to laugh at my sleeping pill bottle: Do not drive when taking these.
LoL. I'm surprised the health and safety guys allow humans to fly rc helis, period.

(Good idea with the thread, to merge 3 channel and 4 channel combo-talk.)
Mar 27, 2011, 09:48 AM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbaba
Can someone please help me with these following instructions for my 3 channel, as I am having difficulty understanding them. I have copied and pasted them here;

Instructions

1. Please play with fly in still season, not when fly become angry wind season. If fly crash bangs in windy season, please render throttle diminished position without panic think.

2. Always charging battery in safe way lest hot fire become hot or battery become stay puft.

3. Place fly on safe ground in still season. Place stay puft in fly for commence play. Try in fly figure of eight until stay puft become angry hot after one minute. Please not using stay puft longer than sell by date. One minute fly time is a confident fly and good play for quality play joy will love you long time.

4. Please not play with fly during night joy distraction, lest wife become angry sex.
Now that is funny right there I don't care who you are....
Mar 27, 2011, 09:52 AM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
The Champ is a fantastic plane. Nice and easy but if you move the control rods in on the horns you can go inverted, do some lopsided rolls and other things that your fingers make up. And it is super easy to fix most of the time....Tape and glue.

Well it is 28 F and wind here today so still no joy.

Have a great Sunday all.

Mark
Mar 27, 2011, 09:54 AM
Glad u enjoyed 'wolf.
Mar 27, 2011, 10:15 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Oh I forgot, Chap1012, Mike, sends his regards from Florida. He is down there for vacation and should be back by this coming weekend. He says the weather is in the low 80's and sunny.

Mike, I am jealous!
Mar 27, 2011, 10:24 AM
so cafe la coax is back

Mar 27, 2011, 01:01 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Hello all. Durk, I am happy to see this thread. Good show ole man. hehe. I have worked a very long and hard week. Getting home at night, just in time to go to bed. To get up and go out again before the sun came up. This is my first day off. I feel like a ship wreck. Or a fighter that fought and lost every day this past week. Dang I am tired. All my copters and planes need attention. But, I am too tired to fix them. Just sit here and stare at them. hahaha. Just wanted to say hey to you all. Happy Flying. Lee
Mar 27, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hello everybody! I am tickled that Durk started a new thread! Thanks Durk! I am also glad it's 3 and 4 channel because I fly both too. I'm new at planes, but I do love the Champ, not as much as I love my custom-build that Lee made for my birthday.

Lee is so beat up from work, but if he feels better in a little while, we are going to try a new place for him to fly.

I'm still flying my 4 channel copters in the office, and I cannot wait to get outside one day. Of course a video will be posted if I ever get able to fly outside.

Thanks again Durk for the new thread, I like to participate also, even though I have no help to offer.

Tina
(^.^)Y
Mar 27, 2011, 01:29 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbaba
Can someone please help me with these following instructions for my 3 channel, as I am having difficulty understanding them. I have copied and pasted them here;

Instructions

1. Please play with fly in still season, not when fly become angry wind season. If fly crash bangs in windy season, please render throttle diminished position without panic think.

2. Always charging battery in safe way lest hot fire become hot or battery become stay puft.

3. Place fly on safe ground in still season. Place stay puft in fly for commence play. Try in fly figure of eight until stay puft become angry hot after one minute. Please not using stay puft longer than sell by date. One minute fly time is a confident fly and good play for quality play joy will love you long time.

4. Please not play with fly during night joy distraction, lest wife become angry sex.
Now that is some of the best "chinglish" I've seen in a while. I'll try to reconstruct what it was supposed to say:

1. Don't fly in a windy place. If the wind takes your heli away and you are likely to crash, reduce throttle.

2. Avoid heat when charging the battery or it will ignite or get puffed up.

3. Place the heli on the ground in a windless place. Take it easy the first flights, and build up experience, so you can enjoy the heli a long time.

4. Don't fly when everyone want to sleep, or your wife will become very angry.

Perhaps someone has a more fitting translation, but I think I came pretty close.
Mar 27, 2011, 01:56 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Quote:
Please not play with fly during night joy distraction, lest wife become angry sex
Without going into too much interpretive detail, those Ching (speakers of Chinglesh) must have very interesting domestic lives.
Mar 27, 2011, 01:57 PM
Crashing goes better
I spent the whole day fishing
Nothing much, but feels good to be out again.

Quick Reply