Coax Help and Talk about Anything Thread - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 28, 2011, 11:00 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryE
E2;
Thanks

I have a Futaba 9CHS (FM) now. That is what I plan to use with the TREX 450/600.

I actually have flown the 600 before... for a few seconds. I had a heli instructor (great guy) who moved away I had just started to fly the 600 when he left. I am now too chicken to fly it by myself.

So, I am starting anew, by myself. I figure a coax is a good stepping stone to the CP helis.

I have a MCX2 which I have on high rates and fly a lot (I really like it).

As for the Tx, since the Futaba is FM, I was thinking of either getting a 2.4GHz module for it, or leaving it FM, and using the Walkera Tx for a 2.4GHz platform. Seems like it may be more "generic" to get the 2.4GHz for the Futaba.

Thnaks for the help.

PS: Any idea of price for the 400? The cheapest I can find is this one:

http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-lama400-black.html

This is the "style" that looks best to me.

Thanks
Terry
to all that I heard/read, it will be some work to get the futaba to cooperate with the walkera stuff - to me it always looks like if you want to use a non walkera tx, you will need to go at least boardless, more likely so even boardless and brushless. I doubt it will work without problems to "marry" a walkera 4in1 with a futaba tx (or 3in1 with futaba tx/rx)

As far as the price is concerned, this seems to be pretty much the cheapest option around as you said. The newer deliveries of L400 seem to have gone slightly up in price and it also seems like the EC135 is more so the "standard" fuse now than the (I think Y9 or Z9) one used before (but I may misinterpret this)

Anyway, the xheli one is a nice heli and I got a couple birds from them by now and never had a problem (yet again one of these instances, where other people will tell you WAYYYY different stories)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2011, 11:12 AM
Glassman
TerryE's Avatar
cool.
Thanks

Terry
Mar 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
"whirlydude"
flyeraroo's Avatar
Last edited by flyeraroo; May 26, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
Mar 28, 2011, 11:47 AM
Glassman
TerryE's Avatar
WD:

Thanks. I do have a sim (Clearview) and i love it. I spend as much time as I can on it.

I was thinking about the 400 for a couple of reasons:

1) Easy to fly (build confidence)
2) Large.

This way I can get used to a larger heli (the MCX2 is cool, but very small) before transitioning to the TREX.

I am running the 600 on PCM, so I am not having any interference. I am planning to go to 2.4, but not jut yet (it would involve a lot of rx's )

Thanks
Mar 28, 2011, 12:38 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
mountainsax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Ethan:

I have been using Mystery batteries from Deal Extreme because they were CHEAP. No a puffed battery cannot be salvaged.

I know a lot of others have thier favs so I will let them chime in on that.

Durk
Durk,

Are you using the 900mAh, 20C or the 1200mAh, 25C? Or something else...
Mar 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Steppenwolf's Avatar
I have a Lama V3 with Xtreme 180's and I use the Rhino 610s from here:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7305

Lee suggested them to me a long time ago. I have 15 flights on them and they work just fine...and they are cheap as well.

Mark
Mar 28, 2011, 01:37 PM
Glassman
TerryE's Avatar
OK;

I just pulled the trigger on a Walkera 400.

This one:

http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-lama400-black.html

Supposed to be here in 3-4 days.

Now the hard part......waiting

I gotta go see if the Clearview sim has a 400
Mar 28, 2011, 01:54 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryE
OK;

I just pulled the trigger on a Walkera 400.

This one:

http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-lama400-black.html

Supposed to be here in 3-4 days.

Now the hard part......waiting

I gotta go see if the Clearview sim has a 400
I doubt you gonna need a lot of sim time on this one. Here is a short vid of his "cousin" the yellow 400

Lama400 - the Mustard Mobile.wmv (2 min 55 sec)


E2
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Mar 28, 2011, 02:02 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
mountainsax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
I have a Lama V3 with Xtreme 180's and I use the Rhino 610s from here:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7305

Lee suggested them to me a long time ago. I have 15 flights on them and they work just fine...and they are cheap as well.

Mark
That is super cheap! I don't know the differences between the V3 and V4 Lama's...will these work for a V4?
Mar 28, 2011, 02:07 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsax
That is super cheap! I don't know the differences between the V3 and V4 Lama's...will these work for a V4?
Yes, I fly them in my (hybrid)HUNTER ... which is essentially a V4 (with different skids, tray and fuse)

Just make sure you dont loose them ... they are slightly smaller than stock (and about 10g lighter!!)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Mar 28, 2011, 02:36 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsax
Durk,

Are you using the 900mAh, 20C or the 1200mAh, 25C? Or something else...
Mine are the 900mAh 15C. The ones Mark linked to are also good. They have a higher discharge but less capacity.

There is no difference between the V3 and V4 when it comes to batteries. If you have the velcro mod, see my blog, you can use bigger batteries.

I got my Mystery batteries free, 8 of them, a vendor made a mistake. Never did tell me how to ship them back even after I emailed him at least 4 times.
Last edited by frieslander; Mar 28, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
Mar 28, 2011, 03:12 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Hey guys, I fixed five planes today. Woot. Might fly a copter tonight to celebrate. Lee
Mar 28, 2011, 03:48 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
That looks pretty sweet sventastical

now lets see you open her up WOT, FFF


Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
I doubt you gonna need a lot of sim time on this one. Here is a short vid of his "cousin" the yellow 400

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM__bVfco-c

E2
Mar 28, 2011, 04:00 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
That looks pretty sweet sventastical

now lets see you open her up WOT, FFF
Need to fly outside for that - and thats the one thing I cant do ... I would so wish I knew someone at the convention center to let me use their big hall on unused evenings, but this is ... and will always be ... nothing but a dream
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Mar 28, 2011, 04:31 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
mountainsax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Mine are the 900mAh 15C. The ones Mark linked to are also good. They have a higher discharge but less capacity.

There is no difference between the V3 and V4 when it comes to batteries. If you have the velcro mod, see my blog, you can use bigger batteries.

I got my Mystery batteries free, 8 of them, a vendor made a mistake. Never did tell me how to ship them back even after I emailed him at least 4 times.
discharge (c rating) = power??; capacity (mAh) = flight time??

I do have the velcro mod so battery size is not an issue.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion why is the "Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? 62pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 24 Sep 19, 2012 12:28 AM
Discussion general 4ch Coax(and beyond) thread ... group to help ... REPRISE! erdnuckel2 Coaxial Helicopters 1711 Mar 18, 2011 05:37 PM
Mini-Review Multiplex Park Master 3d or talk about anything MPX PM3D shockflyyer3d Foamies (Kits) 4 Jun 26, 2009 07:51 PM
Discussion Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? lakedude Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 May 14, 2008 08:09 PM
Discussion Thread about anything 400-450 Dragonus doogie Mini Helis 4 Feb 04, 2007 02:46 AM