Ok .
This is easier....

Optimist d'Argento 2021 (3 min 46 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2021, 03:08 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Happens too often. Maybe they should start using Remote ID?

Did some tinkering on the keyboard again:

https://youtu.be/xaYRHXnwGU0
Ha. There are several flying schools nearby. Embry Riddle university is located in Daytona and they use our airport all the time. They crash here a lot too.

Piano sounds great with the augmented notes you play at the beginning.
Last edited by Buzz; Oct 17, 2021 at 03:15 PM.
Oct 18, 2021, 11:02 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Ha. There are several flying schools nearby. Embry Riddle university is located in Daytona and they use our airport all the time. They crash here a lot too.

Piano sounds great with the augmented notes you play at the beginning.

Glad you liked the piano playing. Originally I only played the main part, but after finding the notes for the intro, it turned out to be not too hard to play that too
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 18, 2021, 02:01 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Hey, Solo..
Those intro notes really add to the song. You seem to have natural talent.
Oct 20, 2021, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Hey, Solo..
Those intro notes really add to the song. You seem to have natural talent.

Just for the record, I didn't come up with these intro notes myself, they are part of the original arrangement, which I converted to Midi format (a file type that is used to describe music in a digital way, similar to the cylinder in a music box)

I theory it's possible to use software to convert music to Midi format, but this software can easily misinterpret notes that are played, because no note has an exact single frequency, there are harmonics, etc. And the more complex the tune, the bigger chance the conversion software creates a pile of different notes that barely resembles the original tune.

So what I did was convert the music to midi, then cleaning up all the extra unwanted notes, that the software generated during the conversion, and restored the original melody as best as I could. I first focused on the main tune, also because the intro was pretty messed up by the conversion. But after that, listening to the source music, it turned out not to be that hard to weed out the rogue notes that the conversion had added, and restore the intro.

The benefit of now having a midi file of the tune, is that it makes it easier to create a tutorial to play it. Reading sheet music is an art that not everyone has mastered, but a visual playback tutorial, which can be created if you have a midi file, is easier for many. Like in this example made by someone else:

He's a Pirate - EASY Piano Tutorial by PlutaX (1 min 41 sec)
Oct 21, 2021, 05:43 AM
Flight for life
Oh well.
Maybe the last ride before the cold snap.

Rad Runner 1 End Of Fall Riding Part 3 (2 min 49 sec)
Oct 21, 2021, 11:43 AM
Flight for life
Maybe a new hobby ???.

My DIY R/C Boat Pulled me 20 Miles!!! (36 min 27 sec)
Oct 22, 2021, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Maybe a new hobby ???.

https://youtu.be/HFhsh4V8SZA

Pretty fun vid, watched it during our short holiday
Oct 22, 2021, 01:38 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Cool story Buzz.
You need a car like this if you come back,,,,,lol.

https://youtu.be/SW2HVNQIUM4
AHAHAHAHA! I could probably get home from anywhere in that thing. Especially at 130 mph.
Oct 22, 2021, 01:53 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Just for the record, I didn't come up with these intro notes myself, they are part of the original arrangement, which I converted to Midi format (a file type that is used to describe music in a digital way, similar to the cylinder in a music box)

I theory it's possible to use software to convert music to Midi format, but this software can easily misinterpret notes that are played, because no note has an exact single frequency, there are harmonics, etc. And the more complex the tune, the bigger chance the conversion software creates a pile of different notes that barely resembles the original tune.

So what I did was convert the music to midi, then cleaning up all the extra unwanted notes, that the software generated during the conversion, and restored the original melody as best as I could. I first focused on the main tune, also because the intro was pretty messed up by the conversion. But after that, listening to the source music, it turned out not to be that hard to weed out the rogue notes that the conversion had added, and restore the intro.

The benefit of now having a midi file of the tune, is that it makes it easier to create a tutorial to play it. Reading sheet music is an art that not everyone has mastered, but a visual playback tutorial, which can be created if you have a midi file, is easier for many. Like in this example made by someone else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFJXZOhLUjs
Boy, that sounds like a lot of work. I have tried to play piano and I just can't do it. I can't read music. I play guitar by chords and finger picking..
Oct 22, 2021, 02:13 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Maybe a new hobby ???.

https://youtu.be/HFhsh4V8SZA
Ha... I know some guys who run submarines. To get any power while underwater they mount their receiver antennas on a cork and run a wire down to the sub, Range is not very good, but they look cool surfacing and diving.
Oct 22, 2021, 02:24 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Oh well.
Maybe the last ride before the cold snap.

https://youtu.be/Xu9Y7aOGDIs
Beautiful changing colors........... Is there any activity on that road during winter. like snow mobiles?
Oct 22, 2021, 02:54 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Beautiful changing colors........... Is there any activity on that road during winter. like snow mobiles?
Thanks Buzz.
No.
Country skying and snow shoes.
Snow mobiles have other tracks thank goodness.
PS: the fireplace is working today .
Only 44 F.
With the wind
37.4 F.
Cold and humid but not inside.
Y'aa.
Last edited by geotric; Oct 22, 2021 at 03:08 PM.
Oct 22, 2021, 03:22 PM
Flight for life
TGIF.
I hope this will sell at Costco soon,,,lol.

Jetson One - Official Launch (3 min 7 sec)
Oct 22, 2021, 03:28 PM
Flight for life
Ok.
The Mont-Royal in Montreal from the air.
(not me).

Mont-Royal de Montréal vue du ciel à l'automne (3 min 49 sec)

Quick Reply