Rain -RAin- RAIN!!! Grrrrr.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2021, 02:17 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Rain -RAin- RAIN!!! Grrrrr.
Send it over here, you donít need to hog it all!
Jun 14, 2021, 03:42 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Send it over here, you donít need to hog it all!
Ha! Do you want the lightning too? One of my computers had just started an update.... and the power went off. No upgrade now. I need new batteries in my UPS.
Jun 14, 2021, 06:30 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Ha! Do you want the lightning too? One of my computers had just started an update.... and the power went off. No upgrade now. I need new batteries in my UPS.
I LOVE the lightning, havenít seen a good thunderstorm for ages, miss them. Love the lightning show.

So YES I will take it lightning and all.

One day I was standing by the open front door looking out the screen door. Two of the cats were beside me looking out. Suddenly there was this enormous thunder clap, I never saw two cats run so fast for the back bedroom. I still have to chuckle when I think about it.
Jun 15, 2021, 02:19 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
I LOVE the lightning, havenít seen a good thunderstorm for ages, miss them. Love the lightning show.

So YES I will take it lightning and all.

One day I was standing by the open front door looking out the screen door. Two of the cats were beside me looking out. Suddenly there was this enormous thunder clap, I never saw two cats run so fast for the back bedroom. I still have to chuckle when I think about it.
I like the sound of rain on the roof at night, distant thunder and distant lightning flashes. BUT, you don't want the big lightning strikes. If you are outside, and hear thunder, you should go inside fast. I've been knocked out twice by lightning strikes.

We had two shark attacks at the beach yesterday. That's why we're known as "The Shark bite capital of America.
Jun 16, 2021, 08:13 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
I like the sound of rain on the roof at night, distant thunder and distant lightning flashes. BUT, you don't want the big lightning strikes. If you are outside, and hear thunder, you should go inside fast. I've been knocked out twice by lightning strikes.

We had two shark attacks at the beach yesterday. That's why we're known as "The Shark bite capital of America.
No I watch the storm from inside the house.

This is my grandson, drivers side , and my son in-law.
Jun 17, 2021, 02:56 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
No I watch the storm from inside the house.

This is my grandson, drivers side , and my son in-law.
Is that a Hearse ? I mean, they are in a graveyard. lol I want one of those t shirts!
Jun 17, 2021, 03:03 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Is that a Hearse ? I mean, they are in a graveyard. lol
Yes that is my grandsonís hearse. He loves it. The graveyard is a few doors down the street from where they l8ve. Both my parents, my one brother and my in-laws are buried there.

He likes the hearse to haul his and my son in-lawís trail bikes to various competitions.
Jun 18, 2021, 06:44 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Boy, it's quiet in here. I think I've killed the little 4 blade heli. I flew it again and the tail boom came off. Not only did it break it, it hit the blades and cut the boom completely in half....including the wires. I can't reach the cut wire. This is going to be a PITA.

Sorry I didn't check in with some more info on the K110, which has the same basic setup. Been very busy lately at work, and also hot temps, making it even more discouraging to go outside after dinner...
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 18, 2021, 07:25 AM
Flight for life
TGIF.
Good to hear from you Henk.
Getting hot here as well.
And very windy .

Valkenburg The Netherlands 8K (19 min 28 sec)
Jun 18, 2021, 03:07 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Sorry I didn't check in with some more info on the K110, which has the same basic setup. Been very busy lately at work, and also hot temps, making it even more discouraging to go outside after dinner...
Since I had two of the helis, I'm now flying the other new one. Well, actually trying to trim it. It wants to go backwards and hard left aileron, I've tried to trim it but it isn't correcting itself as it should. One small step at a time.
Jun 19, 2021, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Since I had two of the helis, I'm now flying the other new one. Well, actually trying to trim it. It wants to go backwards and hard left aileron, I've tried to trim it but it isn't correcting itself as it should. One small step at a time.
With the sticks centered, is the swash plate more or less level? Just checking with blades not spinning and the heli sitting on the ground.

One of the videos I linked did show that in some cases it might be needed to adjust the links between the servos and the swash plate. Or maybe it just needs to be calibrated, so the auto leveling knows when the copter is in level attitude.
Jun 20, 2021, 06:02 AM
Flight for life
Oh well.
Who's next.
I just need the ocean to try this toy,,,,,lol.

CopterPack First Flight (1 min 10 sec)
Jun 20, 2021, 02:23 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
With the sticks centered, is the swash plate more or less level? Just checking with blades not spinning and the heli sitting on the ground.

One of the videos I linked did show that in some cases it might be needed to adjust the links between the servos and the swash plate. Or maybe it just needs to be calibrated, so the auto leveling knows when the copter is in level attitude.
Yes, the swash plate is perfectly level. I flew it late yesterday and as soon as the collective engages, it takes off and things level out. How are you get it into auto leveling?
Jun 21, 2021, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Yes, the swash plate is perfectly level. I flew it late yesterday and as soon as the collective engages, it takes off and things level out. How are you get it into auto leveling?

I'll try take a pic of my switch positions for self leveling flight

Quick Reply