Nov 23, 2020, 06:02 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Is that the one heading to the space station?
No, it is carrying hundreds of small satellites that will be deployed. They are for internet advancements. Spacex is also talking about trying to get rid of the space junk orbiting Earth. Orbits slowly decline and we could start getting the junk that is too big to burn up before it hits Earth. So, a design is under way to build small rockets that will propel the pieces of junk into deep space.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2020, 03:54 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Well, it went south so we couldn't see it.

Sure could hear it rumbling and shaking the house though.

The rest of you guys OK?
Nov 25, 2020, 04:09 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Well, it went south so we couldn't see it.

Sure could hear it rumbling and shaking the house though.

The rest of you guys OK?
I think we all went south too.

Everything ok here, cloudy, wet and foggy. Expecting rain any minute. Had problems sleeping so my brain is also foggy.
Nov 25, 2020, 04:57 PM
Flight for life
Well our snow storm is over.
We got about 3 inches and starting later on Rain and lots coming for the few days,
I think Winter will be like that this year.
Nov 26, 2020, 02:12 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
This is some real FPV:

P-51D Mustang, Scale FPV HD (3 min 6 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Nov 26, 2020, 02:49 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Amazing! I saw another like that but it was very small and it had machine guns that fired.
Nov 29, 2020, 07:55 AM
Hey guys, and Buzz. 😆Check out my just completed scratch built Control Line Spitfire. All Butyrate Dope buffed to a mirror finish. No decals or vinyl on it.
Spitfire Finished (2 min 41 sec)
Nov 29, 2020, 01:43 PM
Flight for life
Oh dear.
Maiden the Crawler in FPV. First time driving in FPV.

Team Losi Rock Rey Maiden Drive in FPV (3 min 26 sec)
Nov 29, 2020, 01:55 PM
Flight for life
Oh.
Second drive in FPV.

Team Losi Rock Rey in FPV Second Drive (3 min 32 sec)
Nov 29, 2020, 02:22 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by search-n-destroy
Hey guys, and Buzz. 😆Check out my just completed scratch built Control Line Spitfire. All Butyrate Dope buffed to a mirror finish. No decals or vinyl on it. https://youtu.be/XDCl_CZtqJU
Wow! That thing is beautiful. I'd be afraid to fly it.
Nov 29, 2020, 02:33 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Oh.
Second drive in FPV.

https://youtu.be/WNGuoKmp4Ik
Geo.... I've got to do this to one of my Traxxas trucks! What kind of range are you getting?
Nov 29, 2020, 02:47 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Geo.... I've got to do this to one of my Traxxas trucks! What kind of range are you getting?
Yes it is fun but not easy to adapt.
I think the Spektrum land RX are good for at least a few miles.
But the VTX range for the camera might be good for at least 1/2 a mile I hope.
I will find out soon . Since I will use the bike path for testing since it is getting colder ,not much bikes around.
I also have another camera set up with a 600 mW VTX and quite a good antenna on but the camera is not so good.
So I might get another camera for that set up.
Work in progress.
Last edited by geotric; Nov 29, 2020 at 03:23 PM.
Nov 29, 2020, 04:52 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Yes it is fun but not easy to adapt.
I think the Spektrum land RX are good for at least a few miles.
But the VTX range for the camera might be good for at least 1/2 a mile I hope.
I will find out soon . Since I will use the bike path for testing since it is getting colder ,not much bikes around.
I also have another camera set up with a 600 mW VTX and quite a good antenna on but the camera is not so good.
So I might get another camera for that set up.
Work in progress.
FTP is difficult for me to use, for some reason. I need to look into it more.

LOL... I was running my big Traxxas 4x4 fuel truck and suddenly the engine went to wide open... and the truck went berserk. I still had steering, but I couldn't stop it. Then, I lost the steering and it flipped over and the engine went to wide open again. Just before I got to it, it quit. I can't believe it didn't blow up. The problem with total loss of control was due to the receiver batteries popping up and losing contact. I replaced them and put a new spark plug in, and it fired up on the second try. I wish all repairs were that easy!
Nov 29, 2020, 05:29 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
FTP is difficult for me to use, for some reason. I need to look into it more.
LOL... I was running my big Traxxas 4x4 fuel truck and suddenly the engine went to wide open... and the truck went berserk. I still had steering, but I couldn't stop it. Then, I lost the steering and it flipped over and the engine went to wide open again. Just before I got to it, it quit. I can't believe it didn't blow up. The problem with total loss of control was due to the receiver batteries popping up and losing contact. I replaced them and put a new spark plug in, and it fired up on the second try. I wish all repairs were that easy!
Wow.
You were lucky.
Like the F1 driver this morning .
His car broke in 2 pieces after hitting the metal rail

Can you change the Nitro truck in a electric truck ?
Or it is too expensive ?

https://youtu.be/ZQ7_En2xEm4
Nov 29, 2020, 06:29 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Wow.
You were lucky.
Like the F1 driver this morning .
His car broke in 2 pieces after hitting the metal rail

Can you change the Nitro truck in a electric truck ?
Or it is too expensive ?

https://youtu.be/ZQ7_En2xEm4
I saw that happen streaming live.. Cut it in half and he walked away. Kudos to the fire marshals.

I think there is a kit to convert to a brushless motor. But, get your wallet ready.

Quick Reply