Apr 05, 2020, 04:07 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Btw, Youtube is acting up again, when I open the my videos page, I regularly get the "some videos can't be displayed at this moment. Try again later." message at the bottom. And now that classic Studio is gone, I can't switch back to that, and make the message go away.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2020, 03:03 PM
With some struggling, managed to get some videos up. First is a so called "CineWhoop", the HGLRC Veyron 3. No digital FPV, still oldskool 5.8GHz, and straight from the box, some jello and video noise. But might be able to fix that:

First test flight with HGLRC Veyron 3 "CineWhoop" (2 min 11 sec)

Next some parking lot cruising with the Toothpick 2.5, using a frame I had here for over a year or so, combined with AIO camera from an old review sample. Needs some work, the camera isn't perfectly focused maybe, but flies pretty nice:

Toothpick 2.5 flight with new 2S 450mAh Gaoneng battery (4 min 35 sec)

And last, but not least, some more flying with my best Diatone R349:

Diatone R349, april 2020 flight, just before transmitter failure (4 min 20 sec)
Apr 05, 2020, 04:10 PM
Flight for life
Quite good flying Solo.
Thumbs up for the R249 and theTooth pick 2,5.
What was that animal that you were orbiting when flying the R 249 ?.
Thanks.
Apr 05, 2020, 04:13 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Wow, Henk! I remember pushing you hard about getting through that slalom. Ha! In the second video my jaw dropped. Very well done. It's been a dark and dank day here. Slow drizzle of rain. But we need it.

I.m about to hook up my Formula 1 simulator ... I need speed and noise!
Apr 05, 2020, 04:33 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I.m about to hook up my Formula 1 simulator ... I need speed and noise!
Speed and noise.
Coming up Buzz.

VIDEO 2020 04 05 10 22 19 (0 min 11 sec)
Apr 05, 2020, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Quite good flying Solo.
Thumbs up for the R249 and theTooth pick 2,5.
What was that animal that you were orbiting when flying the R 249 ?.
Thanks.

Thanks, Geo. The animal was a reddish/brown cat, and cats are often present on the field, either chilling in the sun, or chasing mice.

Quote:
Wow, Henk! I remember pushing you hard about getting through that slalom. Ha! In the second video my jaw dropped. Very well done. It's been a dark and dank day here. Slow drizzle of rain. But we need it.
Glad you liked it. One of the benefits of these light "Toothpick" style builds is very tight directional control, making it more suitable for such moves as in this video, because it's more "point and shoot" and less sliding around corners.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Apr 06, 2020 at 12:18 AM.
Apr 06, 2020, 04:20 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Did you change flying fields ? Great flight.
Apr 06, 2020, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Did you change flying fields ? Great flight.

If this comment is meant for me, I fly mostly at a few different spots. The spot in the last video is close to home, and very versatile, because it has a parking lot with streetlights, a field with some trees posing as turning point or gate, and enough open space for some high up moves. But I also fly regularly at an industrial area a little further away, and a smaller field that has canals on two sides and roads on two other sides. As well as an industrial area and a large grass field at the edge of another town, where I happen to pass by rather often, for work.
Apr 07, 2020, 01:42 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Hey everyone< just realized I am not getting notifications again. A bit of catching up to do.

As to Trump trying to stop 3M from shipping masks, letís stop the raw material from going across the border for those masks. The filter material uses Canadian pulp.

Well it is officially spring here, saw the first Robin this morning.

We have not been going out of the house except to pick up our grocery order. There is no sense taking a chance. Too risky.

I hope you all are doing as well as can be in these times.
Apr 07, 2020, 04:41 PM
Flight for life
Right on.
Yes same here Robins are busy making their nest .
We also have a lot of Cardinals and Baltimore Orioles .
Yes I go in public only once or twice per week.
And I go with gloves and face mask.
I just found out that a friend of mine that lives in an old age home has the virus.
He was moved today in a remote unit .
Not good news for him.
Apr 08, 2020, 01:57 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
My son called and told us that Halifax Hospital was starting to fire personnel for no apparent reason. He is manager of the IT department. 4 of his staff have already been laid off. He may get laid off too.

Picture this: A huge hospital fires or lays off their IT staff. Ordinarily they can work from home, but not so far this time. If there is a computer problem and there is no one in the IT teams, they don't have a chance. Boy am I pissed!
Apr 08, 2020, 02:25 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
My son called and told us that Halifax Hospital was starting to fire personnel for no apparent reason. He is manager of the IT department. 4 of his staff have already been laid off. He may get laid off too.

Picture this: A huge hospital fires or lays off their IT staff. Ordinarily they can work from home, but not so far this time. If there is a computer problem and there is no one in the IT teams, they don't have a chance. Boy am I pissed!
Sounds crazy to me.
Apr 08, 2020, 03:05 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Sounds crazy to me.
Yeah, me too. That hospital is full of the virus but I guess it's cheaper to let the patients die!

I'm going to try to get this story on tv and in the papers.
Apr 08, 2020, 06:11 PM
Flight for life
I agree with you guys. It is not logical at all.
You need guys like Buzz son in your hospital.
Anyway I hope all goes for the best Buzz.

Why not some fast flying.

Burj Khalifa World Record Attempt - Hawk Returns to Owner (2 min 17 sec)
Apr 08, 2020, 11:48 PM
Quote:

Sounds like the immoral attitude of "never waste a good crisis" is getting dug up again. Greedy managers and share holders are always looking for a stick to "reduce cost" which translates to dumping personnel. And always the people doing the real work are the first to go, the managers are the last to get sent home...

Aynway, yesterday was great flying weather too. In the morning, flew some batteries with the small foam planes, because it was nearly windless, so perfect for that. And after dinner, made these flights:

GEPRC MX3 Sparrow V2, taking advantage of the great spring weather (4 min 2 sec)

Spring evening flight with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (4 min 28 sec)
Last edited by SoloProFan; Apr 09, 2020 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply