Thread Tools
Dec 06, 2019, 04:28 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Ha!! At 50+ mph I need a steel enclosure for it to bounce off of. Oh! If I hit my car with it I'd have a heart attack. I didn't have enough time to do a dance.
My foot hurt all evening, The truck hit me on the Big Toe and ripped part of the nail off.
Well I am suspending your drivers licence for 30 days, careless driving causing injury.

Geo, love those flights. We are supposed to get some h4avy snow later, will,see.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2019, 04:48 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Geo, love those flights. We are supposed to get some h4avy snow later, will,see.
Thanks Durk.
It is also good for my blood pressure,,,lol.
Yes your snow storm should end around 8:30 tonight .
I guess we wil get your snow tomorrow evening .
Dec 07, 2019, 11:48 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Today was windy, so I went to fly a kite. But a modern one, the type with brushless motor, wings, and a radio. In this case, the A560. It's light, but with the 8 inch prop, has enough power to move into the wind.

Take off was a bit hairy, I had accidentally switched the plane to gyro mode (same as Acro mode for BetaFlight) so it was very responsive and no self leveling. Kept it in the air, and switched to self leveling, then when in full control, most of the flight back in acro. It's so much fun, except the grey sky doesn't agree well with my eyes. I prefer blue skies for LoS. But all went fine, and the landing was almost like a helicopter, because of the wind.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 07, 2019, 03:09 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Oh well.
A nice sunny day but too cold to fly.
So lets ride in Paris.
Hard on the back ,,,,lol.

Urban Freeride Lives 3 - Fabio Wibmer (8 min 8 sec)
Dec 07, 2019, 03:20 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Well I am suspending your drivers licence for 30 days, careless driving causing injury.

Geo, love those flights. We are supposed to get some h4avy snow later, will,see.
Ha... please do suspend my license. I need time to heal.

Our snow has been put on "hold". We'll be in the 70's most of the week.
Dec 09, 2019, 09:32 AM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Oh well rain for the next 2 days at 7 centigrade.
I wish there was a brushless Co-Ax helicopter on the market to fly FPV.

Kamov Ka-26 aerobatics at Budaörs airfield (7 min 58 sec)
Dec 09, 2019, 01:50 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
My grandson, !8 tears old, got his first car today.
Dec 09, 2019, 02:50 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
My grandson, !8 tears old, got his first car today.
Oh.
Will he use it for pizza deliveries ?
Only a black suit missing.
Nice.
I guess he is a mechanic and he will modify that vehicle ?
Last edited by geotric; Dec 09, 2019 at 02:58 PM.
Dec 09, 2019, 03:08 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
He is work8ng in a machine shop, he will be doing an apprenticeship as soon as there is a course open.

He does a lot of cross country type of bike trails and races. He can carry his bikes in there and also sleep there when there is an early race out of town. He also plans to tow a camper trailer in the summer.

Not my type of vehicle, but it was cheap. Low mileage and in perfect condition. He will soon be the talk of the town lol. It is quite long. Maybe he will give me a discount someday lol.
Dec 09, 2019, 03:42 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
He is work8ng in a machine shop, he will be doing an apprenticeship as soon as there is a course open.
He does a lot of cross country type of bike trails and races. He can carry his bikes in there and also sleep there when there is an early race out of town. He also plans to tow a camper trailer in the summer.
Not my type of vehicle, but it was cheap. Low mileage and in perfect condition. He will soon be the talk of the town lol. It is quite long. Maybe he will give me a discount someday lol.
lol.
Yes it could become a part time job to drive around with ex neighbors.
Dec 09, 2019, 05:17 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
A Hearse ? Hahahaha.. The last ride. He should make a big casket on wheels to pull as his trailer.
Dec 09, 2019, 07:00 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
He wants to put a diesel train horn under the hood, that would wake up any dead body lol.
Dec 10, 2019, 12:31 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Another singing voice from my youth lost the battle for life:

Roxette - Spending My Time (4 min 33 sec)



Probably not well known on the other side of the ocean, but this band was pretty big in the EU back then.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 10, 2019, 02:52 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
He wants to put a diesel train horn under the hood, that would wake up any dead body lol.
ROFLMAO! If he wants to make even more noise, I have a 6v siren off of one of the city's first trucks. I connected it to a 12v battery and it was so loud I'm sure I got some ear damage.
Dec 10, 2019, 03:00 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Another singing voice from my youth lost the battle for life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG0IYV6G0I0


Probably not well known on the other side of the ocean, but this band was pretty big in the EU back then.
Man, what a voice !! What happened to her?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion why is the "Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? 62pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 24 Sep 19, 2012 12:28 AM
Discussion general 4ch Coax(and beyond) thread ... group to help ... REPRISE! erdnuckel2 Coaxial Helicopters 1711 Mar 18, 2011 05:37 PM
Mini-Review Multiplex Park Master 3d or talk about anything MPX PM3D shockflyyer3d Foamies (Kits) 4 Jun 26, 2009 07:51 PM
Discussion Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? lakedude Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 May 14, 2008 08:09 PM
Discussion Thread about anything 400-450 Dragonus doogie Mini Helis 4 Feb 04, 2007 03:46 AM