Oct 13, 2019, 12:32 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Any praise is well deserved, just like your indoor flying, it's clear you are in control of your quad. You're flying it, it's not flying you.
Just went to my father's rental home, clean up some more, so it can be returned soon. Also had my daughter with me, and we played the keyboard that is still there, connected to power and speakers. Some parts we played together, I'd do the main melody, and she would do the chords. She picks up things pretty fast, and also practices on a virtual keyboard, on her ipad. She seems to have the same ability as I have to a certain degree, that when I hear something, I can find the notes by listening. Except chords and other intricate matters, just the main theme.
Thanks Solo.
Right on .
Spending quality time with your daughter is priceless.
Like you did with your father .
In life.
The best moments are the shortest.
Unfortunately.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2019, 04:18 PM
Flight for life
Oh well.
I installed the winter garage for the car.
And went flying.
Part 2.
Sorry the first minutes are boring since I was hearing kids coming.
Did not know if I was going to fly.

ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Pro and Foxeer Falkor mini camera 13-10-19 Part 2 (4 min 30 sec)
Oct 14, 2019, 04:49 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Nice again, left a comment.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 14, 2019, 05:22 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Nice again, left a comment.
Thanks Solo.
I did have fun.
The kids I was hearing stayed in the schoolyard playing quite far from where I was.
But I wanted to be discret .
Oct 14, 2019, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Thanks Solo.
I did have fun.
The kids I was hearing stayed in the schoolyard playing quite far from where I was.
But I wanted to be discret .

Just hope they won't confuse you for some creep, hiding while using his "spy drone"

As for quality, I am more than ever aware of that. The past weeks my wife would often say I didn't have to go to my father that often, and that there were also things back at home that I could be doing. But I am glad I often defied her comments, and spent as much time there as I could. Even though the best memories about him are from before he got that stroke, at times we could still connect and build some more memories. Like spending some time to clean up the free for all computer that was standing in a living/meeting room in the revalidation center where my father spent the remaining weeks of his life. So it would boot and run better, and then I could show him some Youtube videos, like me flying FPV, or some of the RC boats we build together, when I was a teen, or our guinea pigs, etc. Although he at time struggled to remain focused enough to watch the image, the times he did, he was amazed and enjoyed what he saw.
Oct 14, 2019, 02:44 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7

Traxxas Wheelie

Here's a photo of my Traxxas Nitro Rustler doing a one wheel wheelie. It's weird. I can turn left and right with the wheels in the air.

Anybody want to race?
Oct 14, 2019, 04:56 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Here's a photo of my Traxxas Nitro Rustler doing a one wheel wheelie. It's weird. I can turn left and right with the wheels in the air.
Anybody want to race?
Good picture Buzz.
Are you allowed to ride on the beach ?
Oct 14, 2019, 05:18 PM
Flight for life
Oh dear.
Maybe a good chess player as well,,,lol.

Dog Playing Jenga (1 min 29 sec)
Oct 14, 2019, 11:19 PM
Lol!

Well, the seller that was stalling things finally admitted to that. Not in words, but they posted a tracking update, and the shipment is in transit now, after being handed over to PostNL. The date of this change is a clear indication what happened, tracking number was created 3rd of september, but it took until 14th of october to hand it over to the shipping company. So it's clear they waited 6 weeks before shipping, and probaby never had any stock, but ordered stock after I made and paid the order. A tactic too often seen with sellers, that way they basically borrow the customer's money to make buy stock for what has been ordered. And if after a few months there is still no stock available, they simply refund with a fake apology being "so sorry" and often lying that an item is discontinued. Gearbest used to do that a few times, until I gave up, and dropped them like they deserved.

There is a small chance some other party caused the delay though. I have learned that it could be these sellers use a "middle man" company, who collects the parcels from the warehouse, and transports these to a PostNL hub, from where the parcel starts the longest part of the journey. Then it arrives in country of destination, and then to local sorting center, before being delivered.

So it could be the seller was stalling, or the "middle man" shipping company just left the parcel or even a bunch of parcels, untouched for many weeks. Some of these companies are very small, maybe even a single self-employed worker/owner, and if he gets ill, on in a traffic accident, no one is there for backup. So things come to full stop. Even here similar things happen from time to time, in my job we get spare parts delivered in the company car during the night. If you have a good delivery person, you get your parts, if you don't, and he wanted to go home early, you get a text message that the car was not at your house, or another fake excuse. And you get no spare parts that day.

Still, considering the "wait one more week, and we will contact the carrier" makes me lean massively towards the deliberately stalling theory. Otherwise they would have stated already having contacted the carrier, and waiting for a reply, and not repeated that they were going to contact the carrier. They also didn't want to tell me the name of the carrier. They could not hide the name of the shipping company, and I contacted them a while ago, to learn the same, no parcel in their possession until yesterday, it turns out now.

Maybe I should ask the seller if they included an extra battery in the parcel, for compensation. Maybe their reply is going to be that they will include a free extra one...
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 15, 2019 at 01:47 AM.
Oct 15, 2019, 05:52 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Lol!
Well, the seller that was stalling things finally admitted to that. Not in words, but they posted a tracking update, and the shipment is in transit now, after being handed over to PostNL. The date of this change is a clear indication what happened, tracking number was created 3rd of september, but it took until 14th of october to hand it over to the shipping company. So it's clear they waited 6 weeks before shipping, and probaby never had any stock, but ordered stock after I made and paid the order. A tactic too often seen with sellers, that way they basically borrow the customer's money to make buy stock for what has been ordered. And if after a few months there is still no stock available, they simply refund with a fake apology being "so sorry" and often lying that an item is discontinued. Gearbest used to do that a few times, until I gave up, and dropped them like they deserved.
There is a small chance some other party caused the delay though. I have learned that it could be these sellers use a "middle man" company, who collects the parcels from the warehouse, and transports these to a PostNL hub, from where the parcel starts the longest part of the journey. Then it arrives in country of destination, and then to local sorting center, before being delivered.
So it could be the seller was stalling, or the "middle man" shipping company just left the parcel or even a bunch of parcels, untouched for many weeks. Some of these companies are very small, maybe even a single self-employed worker/owner, and if he gets ill, on in a traffic accident, no one is there for backup. So things come to full stop. Even here similar things happen from time to time, in my job we get spare parts delivered in the company car during the night. If you have a good delivery person, you get your parts, if you don't, and he wanted to go home early, you get a text message that the car was not at your house, or another fake excuse. And you get no spare parts that day.
Still, considering the "wait one more week, and we will contact the carrier" makes me lean massively towards the deliberately stalling theory. Otherwise they would have stated already having contacted the carrier, and waiting for a reply, and not repeated that they were going to contact the carrier. They also didn't want to tell me the name of the carrier. They could not hide the name of the shipping company, and I contacted them a while ago, to learn the same, no parcel in their possession until yesterday, it turns out now.
Maybe I should ask the seller if they included an extra battery in the parcel, for compensation. Maybe their reply is going to be that they will include a free extra one...
Yes totally the way those companies operates .
They gather enough orders and moneys so they can order the stock and they keep the profit to get their salary.
While you and many other wait like cows in the field.
And if you do not respond they hope you forgot about that order.
Bingo at that point they are happier because they screwed another sucker .
Yes GB does work like that.
Shame on them. They give a black eye to the honest Asian ones that try to do good business.
Oh well maybe soon you will receive them.
No do not expect a free supplement.
They will not make much $ with your order.
But with others that did not mind receiving their stuff in 3 months.
Oct 15, 2019, 06:15 AM
May karma bite such sellers where it hurts most.

Today I have a day off, scheduled leave, so went to sort the last personal things at my father's rental home. I also had a special moment, my favorite soldering iron had some exposed wire near the plug. I knew there were some spare plugs at my father's home, he was a self-made man, electricity, he did it all at his former home. So I found a nice plug, but it would not fit a 3 wire wall socket, because it was an older style plug, before ground wires were used in home electrics. The soldering iron has no 3rd wire, it's double insulated, so no need for additional ground, so I used a small iron saw, and a sanding tool, to modify the hard plastic casing of the old connector, to make it fit. Then used other tools to cut the esposed wire, and mount on the "new" (actually old, but new for this soldering iron) connector.
And my soldering iron is safe to use again.

I'm glad my parents raised me to find solution when things don't fit at first, instead of running to the store and buy a new connector. And it felt special to use my father's tools, sitting at his table, which came from my childhood home, to fix this soldering iron. Creating a new memory, even though he wasn't there.
Oct 15, 2019, 02:06 PM
Flight for life
Cool.
Good for you Solo.

Question.
What is so special with the new VTX Singularity antennas ?
AX11 from Luminier and TruRC antennas are got but I heard that the Singularity ones are even better from Luminier and TruRc.
Why ?
Thanks.
Last edited by geotric; Oct 15, 2019 at 02:21 PM.
Oct 15, 2019, 02:25 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Good picture Buzz.
Are you allowed to ride on the beach ?
Thanks Geo.......

Yes sir... when the tide is out there is a large expanse of hard sand. I have another all terrain car and I was running it along the edge of the water and, I got too close to the water and a wave broke over it and soaked the entire thing. SAlt Water!!! I threw it in a tub of fresh water and let it soak and it still runs great!!
Oct 15, 2019, 03:23 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
I used to buy from a seller that always said that my order was shipped. When I did not get it in a timely matter I inquired where it was since they had said the order was shipped. The reply was that as soon as a label is printed for the order it is marked shipped but that did not mean it was actually “shipped. ??? Make sense? Not to me either. Dropped that seller.
Oct 15, 2019, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Cool.
Good for you Solo.

Question.
What is so special with the new VTX Singularity antennas ?
AX11 from Luminier and TruRC antennas are got but I heard that the Singularity ones are even better from Luminier and TruRc.
Why ?
Thanks.

Trying to re-use as much as possible, that was really something both my parents adhered to. So it's very fitting that a plug that has been stored for some years, is now getting a second life for the soldering iron I use regularly.

I have no idea about those antennas. Last time I checked, AXII and Foxeer Lollipop 2 were "hot" but maybe something better has emerged.

Quick Reply