Flight for life
Ahhh.
Winter is coming.
But with climate change.

GoPro: Glacier Water Ski (1 min 4 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2019, 05:20 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Temps are starting to drop a little here too, mostly at the end and start of the day, if there aren't that many clouds. But not as icy as on that vid, as you can see here:

Evening fun with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (4 min 46 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 20, 2019, 11:16 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
We made it. 50 years since we tied the knot.
Sep 20, 2019, 01:09 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Congrats Frieslander.
And the knot is still holding.
Right on.
Long life to Miss Frieslander and to you.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:21 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Oh I understand now.
Thanks Buzz.
No problem, Geo. Now maybe you can tell me what the heck all the rest of the red tape is about. That's why my wife handles these issues.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:27 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Ahhh.
Winter is coming.
But with climate change.

https://youtu.be/s_rXQJoGc1U
Pretty cool! But I'd rather water ski down here in the warm water.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:37 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Temps are starting to drop a little here too, mostly at the end and start of the day, if there aren't that many clouds. But not as icy as on that vid, as you can see here:

https://youtu.be/zP9T_WfqZTQ
Nice, Henk. How high were you at about half way through the video. It seemed like a LOT higher than you usually go.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:45 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Congratulations! It's amazing that your wife put up with you for 50 years. 48 for us on Dec. 18.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:47 PM
Quote:
That means that either you get along really well, or you forgot what knot you used, and couldn't untie it.

Congrats with the anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Nice, Henk. How high were you at about half way through the video. It seemed like a LOT higher than you usually go.
I have no idea how high, no barometer on this quad, but I estimate about 100m, maybe a bit more.
Sep 21, 2019, 01:26 PM
Flight for life
Oh well a pristine day here..
25 c with blue sky a no wind.
Looked after my mother this morning and rebuilding the master washroom here now.
Maybe flying later.
Sep 21, 2019, 01:56 PM
I do hope you get to fly after all this hard work. I only got 3 batteries flown today, but had a blast. I gave the GEPRC MX3 a fresh battery, GNB 3S 750mAh, and it flies great again. "Ancient" F3 flight controller with "stone age" firmware, BetaFlight 3.1.5 and only 3S, but fast and very precise and snappy control. Even some of my current favorite quads, with newer firmware and F4, still don't have as snappy roll control as this one.
Sep 21, 2019, 02:12 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
It's windy here. I took my Traxxas Nitro Rustler out. Holy Cow!! After breaking in the fuel motor, I made a full throttle run across 400ft of grass and driveway. It ran at least half that far on the back tires. I need more room so I can run it fast enough to make it shift gears. I'm expecting to get it to 55 mph if I can find the room. I'll see if wifey can make a video so you can see what I'm talking about. There is still a lot of tuning to do, but if feels good do know I can run it AT the airport and the FAA has no rules to stop me.
Sep 21, 2019, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
It's windy here. I took my Traxxas Nitro Rustler out. Holy Cow!! After breaking in the fuel motor, I made a full throttle run across 400ft of grass and driveway. It ran at least half that far on the back tires. I need more room so I can run it fast enough to make it shift gears. I'm expecting to get it to 55 mph if I can find the room. I'll see if wifey can make a video so you can see what I'm talking about. There is still a lot of tuning to do, but if feels good do know I can run it AT the airport and the FAA has no rules to stop me.

As long as you don't make jumps, otherwise the FAA will jump in instantly.
Sep 21, 2019, 06:10 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Thanks for the best wishes guys. Just got home from dinner at a really nice buffet with our daughter and family. They treated us.
Sep 23, 2019, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the best wishes guys. Just got home from dinner at a really nice buffet with our daughter and family. They treated us.

The food didn't taste funny, and you have no sudden hair loss after this free dinner?

Nah, just kidding, I bet they are as glad to have you around, like we do here.

Quick Reply