Jul 21, 2019, 01:22 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Hope the problem is fixed now. And that you are not sitting on the kitchen table, like Robinson Crusoe, surrounded by water everywhere.
The gate valve that lets water into the house was totally jammed. The guy found the water turnoff way out by the meter. So, he turned it off and started taking things apart in the utility room. Then he put in a new sink repair kit in the faucet handles. That fixed it! And he only wanted to charge me $350 + parts. I must have had that "Oh no!" look on my face. He busted out laughing and said, since he used my parts and it only took about an hour..... the total was $150. Nice guy!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2019, 01:52 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Glad to hear you have dry feet again.

150 for the entire job sounds a lot better than the 350 for parts only. Must have been a plumber with a sense of humour.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 21, 2019, 03:29 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Glad to hear you have dry feet again.

150 for the entire job sounds a lot better than the 350 for parts only. Must have been a plumber with a sense of humour.
He turned out to be a hard worker with a great attitude. Odd combination these days.
Jul 21, 2019, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
He turned out to be a hard worker with a great attitude. Odd combination these days.

Very odd indeed. Maybe you should have proposed to him. Or match him up with a single lady from your neighbourhood, so you can easily get access to this great worker, for any future repairs.
Jul 22, 2019, 10:53 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Very odd indeed. Maybe you should have proposed to him. Or match him up with a single lady from your neighbourhood, so you can easily get access to this great worker, for any future repairs.
Hah! He's married with 27 kids!
Jul 22, 2019, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Hah! He's married with 27 kids!

So he turned you down?

Must be a harem-owner, maybe a rich sheik who does this work for relaxation. Or he is working so hard to pay all the alimony.
Jul 22, 2019, 01:50 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
So he turned you down?

Must be a harem-owner, maybe a rich sheik who does this work for relaxation. Or he is working so hard to pay all the alimony.
Why do I keep thinking he is a Dutchman? However a Dutchman would not give that much of a discount, too cheap. However the Dutch do have big families.
Jul 22, 2019, 02:16 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
So he turned you down?

ALIMONY? for years there was no alimony in this state. Now, most divorce cases are handled through Mediation. You never have to go to court unless the case is highly contested.
Last edited by Buzz; Jul 22, 2019 at 02:24 PM.
Jul 22, 2019, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Why do I keep thinking he is a Dutchman? However a Dutchman would not give that much of a discount, too cheap. However the Dutch do have big families.
A Dutchman would proably charge for each individual nail, right?
Jul 22, 2019, 04:40 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
A Dutchman would proably charge for each individual nail, right?
I think they are paid for each nail and hammer stroke they can finish on their shift.
Jul 23, 2019, 12:20 AM
Quote:
I think they are paid for each nail and hammer stroke they can finish on their shift.

Yes, and moving the hammer up before moving down, counts as seperate stroke.
Jul 23, 2019, 02:10 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Yes, and moving the hammer up before moving down, counts as seperate stroke.
But the hammer is heavy when you move it. Lifting it makes it heavier, but easier coming down. So, you'd have to factor that into a Retro Encabulater. The machine is also used for tracking errors in the plutonium shuttle cars.

Watch this and see if you don't agree.

Rockwell Retro Encabulator (2 min 0 sec)
Last edited by Buzz; Jul 23, 2019 at 02:18 PM.
Jul 23, 2019, 04:39 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Ugh! When will these gun owners ever learn, in Nashville a two year old shot himself in the arm with an unattended gun.

How is this possible? Hope the parents get the book thrown at them.
Jul 23, 2019, 05:14 PM
I just read a story about a grown up woman shooting her gun in a fast food restaurant's kitchen because she had gotten lukewarm fries, and got impatient while the manager was getting her fresh ones.
Jul 24, 2019, 01:04 PM
New Dutch heat record, 39.3 centigrade in the shade, measured in Eindhoven. Can someone pass me a cold one please?

Quick Reply