Thread Tools
Jun 24, 2019, 01:24 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
True, and a gear bind or "rough" spot can also happen if the pinion is cracked, as then 2 teeth will be a bit more apart, and causing the gear to bind on that spot. Especially since the pinion appears to easily slide up and down the motor shaft, something seems wrong there.
I don't understand why the pinion slides on the motor shaft. That should be a tight fit.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2019, 01:33 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Take care and hang in there. Make sure you also get time for a short break every now and then, you will get more done than just going on, and on, and on, and on...
Two things I hate are painting and moving into a new house.
Jun 24, 2019, 01:42 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
I'm trapped in the house. The HVAC is set on "Race". Outside it's a mere

105F !! I was going to mow today. haha lol.
Jun 24, 2019, 02:14 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I don't understand why the pinion slides on the motor shaft. That should be a tight fit.
It's probably a plastic pinion, and these can split at the hub after a while. Then the fit becomes much more loose.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 24, 2019, 02:25 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
It's probably a plastic pinion, and these can split at the hub after a while. Then the fit becomes much more loose.
Yeah that makes sense. Those gear teeth are teeny weenie.
Jun 24, 2019, 07:19 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
Buzz is getting cabin fever poor guy. You can keep that heat! I would perish.

My granddaughter is away for the summer. She took a position as a junior park ranger at one of our provincial parks. The park is about 5 hours north of here. Today was her first day of work. They were out gathering information on turtles. They have blanding turtles and snapping turtles. She learned how to pick up a snapping turtle. Below is a picture of her with a blanding turtle.

Geo, I feel for you, I hate moving also. Glad you donít have the heat Buzz has.
Jun 25, 2019, 01:21 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Buzz is getting cabin fever poor guy. You can keep that heat! I would perish.

My granddaughter is away for the summer. She took a position as a junior park ranger at one of our provincial parks. The park is about 5 hours north of here. Today was her first day of work. They were out gathering information on turtles. They have blanding turtles and snapping turtles. She learned how to pick up a snapping turtle. Below is a picture of her with a blanding turtle.

Geo, I feel for you, I hate moving also. Glad you donít have the heat Buzz has.
There are warnings on TV about staying inside in the a/c. Our high temp is 105f. Add the humidity and you can't breathe!
Jun 25, 2019, 01:57 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Sometime around 2am, they lit the fuse on the Space ex Heavy. I was dead asleep and sat straight up in bed! This is the largest rocket ever launched and when they ignited it the entire house started rocking and rolling. I laid there and listened to it until the first stage shut down. Then a couple of seconds later I could hear ignition of the first stage and two other rocket engines as they came back and landed exactly where they took off from. My wife didn't hear anything. lol
Jun 25, 2019, 03:07 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Flying High Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Buzz is getting cabin fever poor guy. You can keep that heat! I would perish.

My granddaughter is away for the summer. She took a position as a junior park ranger at one of our provincial parks. The park is about 5 hours north of here. Today was her first day of work. They were out gathering information on turtles. They have blanding turtles and snapping turtles. She learned how to pick up a snapping turtle. Below is a picture of her with a blanding turtle.

Geo, I feel for you, I hate moving also. Glad you donít have the heat Buzz has.
Beautiful picture Durk. I'm very happy for you and your Granddaughter
Jun 25, 2019, 03:52 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
Thanks Mike, she is having so much fun.
Jun 25, 2019, 04:38 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Sometime around 2am, they lit the fuse on the Space ex Heavy. I was dead asleep and sat straight up in bed! This is the largest rocket ever launched and when they ignited it the entire house started rocking and rolling. I laid there and listened to it until the first stage shut down. Then a couple of seconds later I could hear ignition of the first stage and two other rocket engines as they came back and landed exactly where they took off from. My wife didn't hear anything. lol
Buzz, that must be a lot of power coming out of those rockets to shake your house like that, it would feel like an earthquake I bet.

Your wife must have been in a deep sleep not to notice it. The vibrations would wake me up. Were they launching another group of satellites?
Jun 25, 2019, 04:46 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
This was posted this morning. Autumn is the middle one.
Jun 25, 2019, 05:23 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High Mike
Beautiful picture Durk. I'm very happy for you and your Granddaughter
Apology ignored and deleted... No response
Last edited by Buzz; Jun 26, 2019 at 01:35 PM.
Jun 25, 2019, 07:51 PM
Flight for life
geotric's Avatar
Thanks Solo and Frieslander.
Today we had 30 c with the humidity.
Now we unpack.
I cannot wait to fly.
Jun 25, 2019, 08:31 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Thread OP
It was nice here today Geo, the weekend is supposed to be hot. With the AC on it is always nice in the house.

That moving does tire one out. Glad it is not I.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion why is the "Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? 62pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 24 Sep 19, 2012 12:28 AM
Discussion general 4ch Coax(and beyond) thread ... group to help ... REPRISE! erdnuckel2 Coaxial Helicopters 1711 Mar 18, 2011 05:37 PM
Mini-Review Multiplex Park Master 3d or talk about anything MPX PM3D shockflyyer3d Foamies (Kits) 4 Jun 26, 2009 07:51 PM
Discussion Why is the "Can anything be done about gas prices?" thread closed? lakedude Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 May 14, 2008 08:09 PM
Discussion Thread about anything 400-450 Dragonus doogie Mini Helis 4 Feb 04, 2007 03:46 AM