May 26, 2019, 12:20 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Very good flying Solo.. They are quite good flyers in the wind.

Thanks. Especially the SailFly surprised me, since it's so small and light. But it fights the wind even better than the 75x, which is also a very solid quad.

Today's weather and "wind-fighting" reminded me of this track:

Maire Brennan- Against the Wind (5 min 36 sec)

Not my favorite track by this singer, but the lyrics can be inspiring, and it does have a really nice instrumental break in the middle.
Last edited by SoloProFan; May 26, 2019 at 12:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2019, 04:25 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Thanks Buzz.
Yes it is.
It is a Tattu 4 S 850 mAh at 45 C. I am not a racer and I enjoy " long flights". Not long like on the Phantom.
I fly within the law weight wise. So no need to register . Well except for the 1 W. VTX that is not legal. But I fly far from humans and animals.
I would love more Watts in the VTX .
I love the long flights with the Phantom. I am licensed though. I think it just expired ... or maybe that was my AMA card.

Can you post a link to what you are flying? Thanks.
May 26, 2019, 04:39 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I love the long flights with the Phantom. I am licensed though. I think it just expired ... or maybe that was my AMA card.

Can you post a link to what you are flying? Thanks.
Yes Buzz.
I fly the ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini.
www.immersionrc.com
Also she is sold on www.amazon.com
The description is. : ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini ARF .
Sold for 147.41 $
Add Spektrum DSMX. 24.99 $.
Total price : 172 .40 $. The DSMX is easy to install . Just plug it in.
The Vortex 150 is all factory set up and the stock settings are quite good.
Very easy set up.
May 26, 2019, 05:14 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Yes Buzz.
I fly the ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini.
www.immersionrc.com
Also she is sold on www.amazon.com
The description is. : ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini ARF .
Sold for 147.41 $
Add Spektrum DSMX. 24.99 $.
Total price : 172 .40 $. The DSMX is easy to install . Just plug it in.
The Vortex 150 is all factory set up and the stock settings are quite good.
Very easy set up.
Thanks so much, George!! I'll go and check them out. Easy set up us what I'll need. lol
Seriously, I will look them over, then come back with more questions.

I have 5 Tiger Moth planes, produced by GWS, and all of them need minor repairs. But I never seem to get
around to fixing them. One thing is for sure. I need a LOT of open space if I'm going to be trying to fly FPV. Funny, just south of us there is a 180 acre pasture. It would be ideal if there were a WHOLE lot less Bulls.

Off to check out your links. Thanks again.
Buzz
May 26, 2019, 05:23 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Thanks so much, George!! I'll go and check them out. Easy set up us what I'll need. lol

I have 5 Tiger Moth planes, produced by GWS, and all of them need minor repairs. But I never seem to get
around to fixing them. One thing is for sure. I need a LOT of open space if I'm going to be trying to fly FPV. Funny, just south of us there is a 180 acre pasture. It would be ideal if there were a WHOLE lot less Bulls.

Buzz
Yes bulls are no joke.
My pleasure .
May 26, 2019, 05:44 PM
Quote:

Buzz

I feel a sale on fresh hamburgers coming up.

Meanwhile, also took out the Rabbit on this windy day:

Flying the Diatone Rabbit R349 in very windy conditions (4 min 8 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
May 26, 2019, 05:52 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Thanks. Especially the SailFly surprised me, since it's so small and light. But it fights the wind even better than the 75x, which is also a very solid quad.

Today's weather and "wind-fighting" reminded me of this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-oh_d_Nc-E

Not my favorite track by this singer, but the lyrics can be inspiring, and it does have a really nice instrumental break in the middle.
Just edit out everything but the instrumental break and I think it would be good background.
May 26, 2019, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Just edit out everything but the instrumental break and I think it would be good background.

Sometimes I feel like this track is actually made of two songs, and while these somewhat fit together, one part seems better than the other.
May 27, 2019, 01:05 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Sometimes I feel like this track is actually made of two songs, and while these somewhat fit together, one part seems better than the other.
Yes, it does. The second part sounds better.

Hot here today. 90+ The city closed the beach approaches early today. There isn't room for another car!
May 27, 2019, 06:04 PM
Still windy here, but not too bad. Was able to do some flying:

Diatone R349 aka "The Flying Rabbit" in pretty windy conditions (4 min 4 sec)

HappyModel Sailfly-X on 2S 300mAh GNB battery (2 min 19 sec)
May 27, 2019, 06:06 PM
Flight for life
Oh well a long day.
So lets relax tonight and lets go back to the younger years we all had ,,,,lol..

Rubber-Powered Caudron C.460 by Dave Rees - Flies Again (5 min 4 sec)
May 27, 2019, 06:30 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Wow that is a nice flyer. I like bed the little Piper Cub I build from those magazine plans, it flew quite nicely but was quite small also.
May 27, 2019, 06:33 PM
Flight for life
Yes there was a lot of plans in magazines . My Dad gave me a copy to build a one Channel Pulse glider. That was a step up from rubber powered . I did built it but I never flew it. It was hanging from the ceiling for 20 years,,,lol.
I wish I still had it.
May 27, 2019, 06:35 PM
Flight for life
Ok now.
Lets cruise with my friends from the French Navy flying on the Rafale .

RAFALE FRENCH NAVY PILOTS - CHILLOUT 4 (FINAL) (7 min 31 sec)
May 28, 2019, 10:21 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Why are so many people so crazy to climb Mount Everest? Standing in line on the edge of the mountain waiting to get to the top, then trying to get back down through the crowd.

Crazy.

Quick Reply