May 22, 2019, 03:05 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
X140HV on 4S:

Eachine Wizard X140HV - Test with 4S battery, stock PIDs (4 min 45 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 03:05 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I've had meningitis too as a kid. Remember my parents telling me how they didn't trust the house doctor's first assessment that it was some flu or child's disease, and they brought me to hospital, because I was not nearly as responsive as I usually was, even when I had another disease, that most children catch during growing up. I don't remember much from that, I think I remember the spinal tab to confirm the diagnosis, but might also be my mind projecting images from medical programs, in which similar things happened. I do remember that after I started to recover, that I played in the hospital corridors, and tried to stall my parents from leaving when visiting hours were ending. I then asked for another story, or to do anything, so they would be there for a little while longer. Being in hospital as adult can be scary too, I've been there, but for a kid, especially in an era where there were no cell phones to text or instantly call your parents, or friends, it's really hard.

I got away with very little to no damage. I do have some balance problems, but not with walking, but with things like riding a bmx bike on it's rear wheel. I could never do that, when I got close to the point of where the bike had the right angle, and I should be able to continue on a single wheel, my brain tells me I'm tipping over, even though that is not the case, and instinctively I would push the front wheel down again. And if I fly FPV acro, instead of just cruising, I need something to lean against, or my legs turn to jello almost.

Funny thing is, when I am on a boat, I have no balance issues at all, and I can walk around a moving ship without feeling uncomfortable.

Anyway, back to RC, I've been busy trying to update/upgrade some older quads, that are still with me, and maybe haven't reached their full potential yet, because there wasn't time for that back then, or it didn't seem worthwhile. Here's the Bfight 210, first with stock camera, which may not be very visible in the video, but it has some weird image distortion due to the 16:9 camera and odd lens, making it uncomfortable to fly:

https://youtu.be/R3qny4HuCms

And here is the same quadcopter, fitted with a different cam:

https://youtu.be/X3opU0HFwC0

And also did some flying with the R349, just for fun:

https://youtu.be/ns9E-rfB7to
They all look good to me, Henk. First one had some video break up Seems like that tree caused problems when you flew behind it. (?)
May 22, 2019, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
They all look good to me, Henk. First one had some video break up Seems like that tree caused problems when you flew behind it. (?)
Foliage blocks/absorbs the signal. And since it's spring, the trees are green again, with plenty of leaves.
May 22, 2019, 04:06 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
i see them flying up and down the beach a lot. Some of them are paid to spot sharks. If you flew over the beach here, and saw what was swimming near people, you'd never go in the ocean again.

Here, in Paradise the thermometer is showing 91F in the shade. It's going to stay that way for the rest of the week.
Grrrrr.....
Yes it is quite popular.
Wow that is a nice temp. Here only 70 F. with crazy wind.
May 22, 2019, 04:22 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Foliage blocks/absorbs the signal. And since it's spring, the trees are green again, with plenty of leaves.
Yes, that's what I was getting at. I fly on 5.8 because it penetrates foliage better.
May 22, 2019, 05:47 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Yes, that's what I was getting at. I fly on 5.8 because it penetrates foliage better.
He does as well Buzz.
But he is only flying with a 25 mW VTX or 100 mW. He needs 600 mW or like on my Vortex 150 Pro 1 W. totally illegal in Canada. But I just fly around.
I am not a bad boy your Honor I swear,,,,lol.
May 22, 2019, 06:27 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
He does as well Buzz.
But he is only flying with a 25 mW VTX or 100 mW. He needs 600 mW or like on my Vortex 150 Pro 1 W. totally illegal in Canada. But I just fly around.
Lol look at the Halo above Geo. An innocent little boy.
May 22, 2019, 06:46 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Lol look at the Halo above Geo. An innocent little boy.
lol Frieslander.
How did you know ?.
Last edited by geotric; May 22, 2019 at 06:53 PM.
May 22, 2019, 06:54 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
lol Frieslander.
How did you know ?.
Will never tell.
May 22, 2019, 06:57 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Will never tell.
lol.
Oh this was this afternoon in front of my place . We are moving to the suburbs soon. I cannot wait.
May 22, 2019, 07:00 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
I thought the Hell Drivers were no longer. Maybe they are coming back?
May 22, 2019, 07:29 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
I thought the Hell Drivers were no longer. Maybe they are coming back?
I think the car came out of nowhere .
The driver was shaken . Nothing broken.
Some maneuver to overtake the City bus.
I took the picture while walking my dog .
I was between the bus and a fire truck.
They did not seem to mind.
May 22, 2019, 07:34 PM
Flight for life
Have a nice evening Frieslander.
I go to bed . I like reading a lot .
Tomorrow I wake up at 4:30 .
A long day coming.
May 22, 2019, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Quote:
He does as well Buzz.

Correct, I often do the first flights with the lowest power setting, so I can get an idea of how the VTX performs. With 200mW or more, it's often easier to keep a steady signal in difficult conditions, but on 25mW, you can often see more differences between individual VTX.
May 23, 2019, 03:29 PM
Flight for life
Oh well.
One flight before the rain.

ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Pro with Foxeer Falkor Mini Camera 23-5-19 (3 min 59 sec)

Quick Reply