May 21, 2019, 03:49 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Ha ha Buzz is getting red in the face! I thought it was Maleopause, Menopause is for women,

Well, you said you were grumpy and irritable ... Maybe it's just MPMS.
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 03:53 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Non of that stuff ever gets to my body, have enough problems already.
That is good to hear.
Will you go fly soon ?
May 21, 2019, 04:17 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
That is good to hear.
Will you go fly soon ?
No I am unable to fly since my balance problem took a dive. Even walking indoors has its mishaps. The last huge bruise on my upper arm is just fading, my balance slammed me into a wall that was an outside corner. Just looking up outside throws my balance out. Sunlight on snow is terrible, can barely keep my balance even with a walker.

The main cause is nerve damage from meningitis. Having both knees replaced made it worse as my knees no longer have flexibility. Then my age also does not help. Therapy is useless as I know more about keeping my balance than they can teach me. What they showed me are things that I have done all my life, I am well beyond that stage.

But I donít let it bother me YET, maybe never lol. Having lived with the problem for over 72 years makes it seem normal to me, I am 75 now.
May 21, 2019, 04:34 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
No I am unable to fly since my balance problem took a dive. Even walking indoors has its mishaps. The last huge bruise on my upper arm is just fading, my balance slammed me into a wall that was an outside corner. Just looking up outside throws my balance out. Sunlight on snow is terrible, can barely keep my balance even with a walker.
The main cause is nerve damage from meningitis. Having both knees replaced made it worse as my knees no longer have flexibility. Then my age also does not help. Therapy is useless as I know more about keeping my balance than they can teach me. What they showed me are things that I have done all my life, I am well beyond that stage.
But I don’t let it bother me YET, maybe never lol. Having lived with the problem for over 72 years makes it seem normal to me, I am 75 now.
Yes I understand . It is like me with my hearing loss. Those technicians aren't deaf so they do not understand our problem.
Is your head spinning when you sit down for a while ?
75 is young for nowadays . Keep it up.
May 21, 2019, 05:08 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
I also have terrible vertigo problems. I've been to therapy (epily maneuvers) fpr years, but for some reason, this last bout won't respond as well as usual. I walk around running into things. But, I can still look up so I still fly. I guess I need to go back to the Dizzy Doc.
May 21, 2019, 05:16 PM
Flight for life
Sometimes I wish I was a kid again.

Danny Macaskill: Danny Daycare (4 min 11 sec)
May 21, 2019, 05:21 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes I understand . It is like me with my hearing loss. Those technicians aren't deaf so they do not understand our problem.
Is your head spinning when you sit down for a while ?
75 is young for nowadays . Keep it up.
No my head never spins, that is vertigo which my wife has.

Yes it is hard to find a good hearing technician, I had a good one but then the place was sold to Connect Hearing. The young guy that is there now tries hard but you have to get to know one another too. It took a bit to fit my new aid, it is a matter f communicating so we both understand what each one of us is talking about.

They do the tests and set the heating aid to those results, that never works. On top of all that I had a defective Bluetooth TV link causing my aid to suddenly drop the volume and buzz. Send two aids back but the problem persisted. The tech said after talking with headquarters that the problem was compression. I said no way, however I had to go with his suggestions to prove my point. Then I discovered it was the TV link.

I still need him to make a small adjustment so I can again hear my coffee maker and my egg timer beep, they are both in the high frequency.

The tech now has much more respect for me and now understands when I suggest something he had better listen.
May 21, 2019, 05:27 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I also have terrible vertigo problems. I've been to therapy (epily maneuvers) fpr years, but for some reason, this last bout won't respond as well as usual. I walk around running into things. But, I can still look up so I still fly. I guess I need to go back to the Dizzy Doc.
If I had vertigo I would be helpless. I never get dizzy. My balance gives me no warning and it is severe, suddenly being thrown one way or another. I have done so many impossible steps that no one could duplicate. My mind just kicks in and fights for my balance. Sometimes one foot flies over another to regain my balance leaving me baffled as to what even happened.
May 21, 2019, 06:08 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
If I had vertigo I would be helpless. I never get dizzy. My balance gives me no warning and it is severe, suddenly being thrown one way or another. I have done so many impossible steps that no one could duplicate. My mind just kicks in and fights for my balance. Sometimes one foot flies over another to regain my balance leaving me baffled as to what even happened.
Yes I am baffled as well about your sudden unbalance but nothing to do with all that was stated.
Maybe the inner ear. Oh that is the last sentence you will read coming from me on your health .
If you come on this thread that means you are strong enough to put up with us,,,,lol. Period.
May 21, 2019, 06:09 PM
Flight for life
Hey Buzz since you live in paradise . Why not try this. :

Flying to a deserted island on my paramotor! (20 min 5 sec)
May 21, 2019, 06:38 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes I am baffled as well about your sudden unbalance but nothing to do with all that was stated.
Maybe the inner ear. Oh that is the last sentence you will read coming from me on your health .
If you come on this thread that means you are strong enough to put up with us,,,,lol. Period.
If you know what meningitis is you would understand. It is a disease of the brain lining. It almost killed me, I was so close that the doctors gave my dad no hope when I went to the hospital. It destoyed and/or damaged the nerves from my ears to the brain where the signals travel to the brain. When a quad gets out of range or there is a weak signal, it does crazy things. That is how my balance works, it does crazy things. So it all comes down to nerve damage.
May 22, 2019, 12:16 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
If you know what meningitis is you would understand. It is a disease of the brain lining. It almost killed me, I was so close that the doctors gave my dad no hope when I went to the hospital. It destoyed and/or damaged the nerves from my ears to the brain where the signals travel to the brain. When a quad gets out of range or there is a weak signal, it does crazy things. That is how my balance works, it does crazy things. So it all comes down to nerve damage.

I've had meningitis too as a kid. Remember my parents telling me how they didn't trust the house doctor's first assessment that it was some flu or child's disease, and they brought me to hospital, because I was not nearly as responsive as I usually was, even when I had another disease, that most children catch during growing up. I don't remember much from that, I think I remember the spinal tab to confirm the diagnosis, but might also be my mind projecting images from medical programs, in which similar things happened. I do remember that after I started to recover, that I played in the hospital corridors, and tried to stall my parents from leaving when visiting hours were ending. I then asked for another story, or to do anything, so they would be there for a little while longer. Being in hospital as adult can be scary too, I've been there, but for a kid, especially in an era where there were no cell phones to text or instantly call your parents, or friends, it's really hard.

I got away with very little to no damage. I do have some balance problems, but not with walking, but with things like riding a bmx bike on it's rear wheel. I could never do that, when I got close to the point of where the bike had the right angle, and I should be able to continue on a single wheel, my brain tells me I'm tipping over, even though that is not the case, and instinctively I would push the front wheel down again. And if I fly FPV acro, instead of just cruising, I need something to lean against, or my legs turn to jello almost.

Funny thing is, when I am on a boat, I have no balance issues at all, and I can walk around a moving ship without feeling uncomfortable.

Anyway, back to RC, I've been busy trying to update/upgrade some older quads, that are still with me, and maybe haven't reached their full potential yet, because there wasn't time for that back then, or it didn't seem worthwhile. Here's the Bfight 210, first with stock camera, which may not be very visible in the video, but it has some weird image distortion due to the 16:9 camera and odd lens, making it uncomfortable to fly:

Revisiting the BFight 210 after installing newer BetaFlight firmware (3 min 39 sec)

And here is the same quadcopter, fitted with a different cam:

Bfight 210, testing with newer firmware and camera (3 min 26 sec)

And also did some flying with the R349, just for fun:

Diatone "Rabbit" R349, flying beneath an overcast sky (4 min 1 sec)
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
May 22, 2019, 04:31 AM
Flight for life
Quote:
Yes I understand very well.
My goodness frieslander ,it is miracle to be alive and surviving.
I just hope you can enjoy life for a long time.
May 22, 2019, 02:31 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Sometimes I wish I was a kid again.

https://youtu.be/jj0CmnxuTaQ
I'm still a kid... and I wouldn't ride in that thing! He should have put a camera in there to show what would really happen to the doll.
Funny.
May 22, 2019, 02:50 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Hey Buzz since you live in paradise . Why not try this. :

https://youtu.be/adIF-62MmBM
i see them flying up and down the beach a lot. Some of them are paid to spot sharks. If you flew over the beach here, and saw what was swimming near people, you'd never go in the ocean again.

Here, in Paradise the thermometer is showing 91F in the shade. It's going to stay that way for the rest of the week.
Grrrrr.....

Quick Reply