Mar 13, 2019, 01:15 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweatherflyer
....meanwhile I think Henk's GPs must have driven off in the lego mustang.....and for buzz .... I'm sure you acted with dignity re the car unlike basil fawlty https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=mv0onXhyLlE
Hahahaha! That killed me! lol I don't think hitting the car with a bush is going to help,
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2019, 01:19 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Hahahaha! That killed me! lol I don't think hitting the car with a bush is going to help,
Well at least he wasn’t beating around the bush, give him credit for that.
Mar 13, 2019, 02:00 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Well at least he wasn’t beating around the bush, give him credit for that.
Ha! No, it was more like him beating the car with a stick.
Mar 15, 2019, 01:55 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Everybody busy watching all Fawlty Towers episodes?
Mar 15, 2019, 02:09 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Everybody busy watching all Fawlty Towers episodes?
Ha! No, I just got my car back for the third time and everything seems to be working correctly. (Wonder how long this will last)
Mar 15, 2019, 02:43 PM
you haven't seen a tree until
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Ha! No, I just got my car back for the third time and everything seems to be working correctly. (Wonder how long this will last)
Hooray... fingers crossed for you, hope they did something more technical to it than taking it to the back of the garage and beating it with a branch.
I've just crimped a pair of plyers firmly to the rudder cables on a little rc plane I'm building. couldn't have done it better if I'd tried. Moral of the story is to make sure you use plyers at a point where they are not narrower than the bit you are crimping. - anyway all sorted now but rather amusing at the time.
Mar 15, 2019, 03:14 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Hooray... fingers crossed for you, hope they did something more technical to it than taking it to the back of the garage and beating it with a branch.
I've just crimped a pair of plyers firmly to the rudder cables on a little rc plane I'm building. couldn't have done it better if I'd tried. Moral of the story is to make sure you use plyers at a point where they are not narrower than the bit you are crimping. - anyway all sorted now but rather amusing at the time.
Thanks! As I was walking toward the car it looked like a bird had dropped a "bomb" on the edge of the driver's side rear view mirror. Well..... that's not what it was. Something scratched the brand new paint all the way down to the primer. It doesn't matter how much time I spend keeping this car looking good and running the same... someone will scratch it, dent it, run into it. argggghh! I think I'll buy an army tank to drive around.
Mar 15, 2019, 04:15 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
I have been doing a lot of running around myself. The tooth is sill bothering me ugh. Can take a while with an abscess to settle down.

On top of that I am having no luck with my new hearing aid. It broke down for the third time. I am now waiting for another model to come in. Every three years I go through this routine of getting a new aid and then to have it properly programmed.

Wifey is slowly healing up. Her wound is now scabbed over and she only sees the nurse once a week. About 4/weeks ago she went to stand on a chair but slipped and took a chunk of skin off her shin. I have told her many a time she was not to do anything like it with her vertigo.

Just came back from our favourite mmennonite restaurant.
Mar 16, 2019, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Wifey is slowly healing up. Her wound is now scabbed over and she only sees the nurse once a week. About 4/weeks ago she went to stand on a chair but slipped and took a chunk of skin off her shin. I have told her many a time she was not to do anything like it with her vertigo.

When you find a wife who does listen to a man's advice, let me know, I'll notify the press.

Hope she keeps healing well, and that your teeth issues will improve too. I doubt that mmnennonite food will be very tasty if you have to minch it with a blender first, to be able to eat it.
Mar 16, 2019, 02:26 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
I have been doing a lot of running around myself. The tooth is sill bothering me ugh. Can take a while with an abscess to settle down.

On top of that I am having no luck with my new hearing aid. It broke down for the third time. I am now waiting for another model to come in. Every three years I go through this routine of getting a new aid and then to have it properly programmed.

Dang, Durk... Sounds as if you have some of my lucky days. Hope your wifey mends quickly. Has she had any treatments for her vertigo?
Mar 16, 2019, 02:28 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
When you find a wife who does listen to a man's advice, let me know, I'll notify the press.

Hope she keeps healing well, and that your teeth issues will improve too. I doubt that mmnennonite food will be very tasty if you have to minch it with a blender first, to be able to eat it.
LOL! So true!
Mar 17, 2019, 07:43 AM
you haven't seen a tree until
and as for husbands......and it is very interesting they have extremely selective listening skills aswell
Mar 17, 2019, 09:24 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
and as for husbands......and it is very interesting they have extremely selective listening skills aswell
Now that depends on the conversation, it depends on the subject. If it involves a chore to be done my hearing seems to miss it.

When I say Yes Dear when I should have said No Dear then I find out I am in trouble. I can always say my hearing aid battery needs replacing.

The trouble is the wife and I are both getting to the times in our lives when we have to realize there are things we can no longer do. Myself with my severe balance problem and the Wife with her vertigo.it is not easy.
Mar 17, 2019, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Sorry, were you saying something?

But you are right, likely selective listening skills are present on both sides.

Quote:
Now that depends on the conversation, it depends on the subject. If it involves a chore to be done my hearing seems to miss it.

When I say Yes Dear when I should have said No Dear then I find out I am in trouble. I can always say my hearing aid battery needs replacing.

The trouble is the wife and I are both getting to the times in our lives when we have to realize there are things we can no longer do. Myself with my severe balance problem and the Wife with her vertigo.it is not easy.
I always try to prevent chores, too often there is a small change planned, like a new piece of furniture, but because then something else no longer fits, another thing has to be relocated, then the wallpaper no longer matches the new situation, and before you know it turns into a full room re-decoration, starting with a small thing.

Getting used to limitations can be tough. I used to play soccer with our kid, just kicking a ball, so no competition. To get some exercise for both. But one time I made a jump and badly hurt my ankle. Since then, I have to restrain myself, or it starts acting up a little again. Best to try focus on what is left to do, then on what is no longer possible. Not always easy, but then we just have to remind each other on the good things.
Mar 17, 2019, 11:14 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
I do all the cooking here since we were married. My wife’s skills are not in the kitchen. Works out fine for us. However with my balance problems it can be a constant battle for me. I have to learn certain tricks such as knowing what to grab as my balance shifts. Even standing leaning over the sink is not safe. My balance can suddenly shift backwards and I am holding onto the edge of the sink to keep from falling backwards. It is challenging at times but I manage.

I once lost my balance while transferring sunny side eggs from the stove behind me to a plate on the counter in front of me. They slid to the floor in front of the sink. As I tried to pick them up with a spatula, as I was bending over, I lost my balance and landed on my belly beside the eggs.

The hard part was getting up, I am not allowed to bend my knees more than 110°. Gerda had to bring a chair so I could slowly work my way up.

Had a sore belly after for sure ugh.

Quick Reply