Dec 04, 2018, 12:42 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7

This guy lost an engine after take off. Look at where he landed.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...501799321.html
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2018, 01:04 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Another crash? Seems you have your share in Florida.

Prep day for my colonoscopy tomorrow. Found out I can still run fast if I have to lol.
Dec 04, 2018, 01:49 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Weird timing. Why can't you bury dead animals? There's a graveyard of past pets on our property.

Well, it's not like the police will come barging in, if you do bury a pet in the garden, but according to law, strangely enough an animal is considered an object, and a dead animal is considered waste and thus should be disposed of by following the trash seperation rules. We have specific containers for paper, plastic, garden waste and other green stuff, and general trash. So you either are expected to use that, or go to the waste collection center, where you also can leave big things that don't fit in the container, and they also have a container for dead animals. Since our garden has no real exposed ground areas which could work as place to dig a grave for a pet, and bringing our beloved pet to that center felt totally inappropriate. So laying her down in that "greens" container, resting on wood shavings, and covered with leaves, felt as much like a burial as possible under these circumstances.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 04, 2018, 02:44 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Another crash? Seems you have your share in Florida.

Prep day for my colonoscopy tomorrow. Found out I can still run fast if I have to lol.
We sure do. Most of them are from Canada. lol I think this guy was from N.J.

Oh, boy! Prep day! Just don't go far from the bathroom.
Dec 04, 2018, 02:50 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Well, it's not like the police will come barging in, if you do bury a pet in the garden, but according to law, strangely enough an animal is considered an object, and a dead animal is considered waste and thus should be disposed of by following the trash seperation rules. We have specific containers for paper, plastic, garden waste and other green stuff, and general trash. So you either are expected to use that, or go to the waste collection center, where you also can leave big things that don't fit in the container, and they also have a container for dead animals. Since our garden has no real exposed ground areas which could work as place to dig a grave for a pet, and bringing our beloved pet to that center felt totally inappropriate. So laying her down in that "greens" container, resting on wood shavings, and covered with leaves, felt as much like a burial as possible under these circumstances.
That's got to be hard. I can't imagine having a beloved pet thrown in the trash.
Dec 04, 2018, 03:02 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
That's got to be hard. I can't imagine having a beloved pet thrown in the trash.
It is hard, since my wife has a phobia abut deat, she canít handle funerals, I had the vet dispose of our previous cats, they are cremated.

The way I think of it is that their spirit lives on in us. We are always talking about them and how we miss them. Gerda gets quite upset when that happens and the fact that she canít deal with funerals. I always tell her that we gave them a good home and lots of love.
Dec 04, 2018, 03:08 PM
Quote:

I does feel bad in a way, that's why I was glad there was already much of these wood shavings in the container, so we could somewhat tuck her in, before closing the lid, and saying goodbye for the last time.

But something more positive, a new "rookie" has been admitted to the residence of mascots of the Guinea Pig RC Test Squadron". First impressions are promising

Dec 04, 2018, 03:43 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
It is hard, since my wife has a phobia abut deat, she canít handle funerals, I had the vet dispose of our previous cats, they are cremated.

The way I think of it is that their spirit lives on in us. We are always talking about them and how we miss them. Gerda gets quite upset when that happens and the fact that she canít deal with funerals. I always tell her that we gave them a good home and lots of love.
I can't handle funerals either. If I have to take an animal to the vet to be put down, I do the same as Durk. We talk a lot about some of the crazy things our past pets did.
Dec 04, 2018, 03:45 PM
I never had a dog in all my married years. Girlfriend Has a Ducsun Jack Russell mix. I love that dog. Funny thing if she ( the dog ) sits with me. She can't touch me. SHe shows teeth .. And if she sits with her I can't go near her. She growls ... Not so much a guard dog. More of selfish dog. " I got this human now back off "
Dec 04, 2018, 03:46 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I does feel bad in a way, that's why I was glad there was already much of these wood shavings in the container, so we could somewhat tuck her in, before closing the lid, and saying goodbye for the last time.

But something more positive, a new "rookie" has been admitted to the residence of mascots of the Guinea Pig RC Test Squadron". First impressions are promising

Well, that didn't take long! Nice looking little pig.
Dec 04, 2018, 03:54 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
Yes it is a really nice looking piggy. Boy or girl? Looks healthy.
Dec 04, 2018, 04:02 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
I never had a dog in all my married years. Girlfriend Has a Ducsun Jack Russell mix. I love that dog. Funny thing if she ( the dog ) sits with me. She can't touch me. SHe shows teeth .. And if she sits with her I can't go near her. She growls ... Not so much a guard dog. More of selfish dog. " I got this human now back off "
Jack Russell's can be mean ! But mixed with a Dachshund personality, it should be a pretty good dog.. Our's is a nice dog until you throw food into the equation. Then he shows teeth too.
Dec 04, 2018, 05:23 PM
Quote:
I can't handle funerals either. If I have to take an animal to the vet to be put down, I do the same as Durk. We talk a lot about some of the crazy things our past pets did.
Sept 2017 we had to take another Guinea Pig to the vet, because she was so sick, and treatment would very likely only have extended her suffering. But in some ways I was actually struggling with that more than with the one that died last week, even though I felt more connected with the latter one. The one I brought to the vet, was much younger, I had to make the call, and she just looked so in distress. The old one that died last weekend, just more gently faded during the day, and even shortly before it was over, she was still reasonably comfortable and relaxed when I caressed her.

It's hard to see these pets go, but apart from one going to sleep and not waking up the next morning, I don't think there could be a more gentle way as happened with our 6 year old.

Quote:
I went looking last weekend, but no pet shop in the area had a suitable new companion for the remaining Guinea. Because she was clearly not comfortable being alone. A shop in the area where I come for work, did have some baby piggies, but when today asking for pictures, all were long haired. But the same day, they also got some "new arrivals" and of the same race as we already have and have had for many years. And one just seemed so comfortable when I got to hold her, to make a selection. So this one it would be.

Quote:
Yes it is a really nice looking piggy. Boy or girl? Looks healthy.
Girl, just like the remaining one, and the one that passed away. Despite the trip from petshop to home taking much longer than intended, she's a very active, and very much an explorer. She even just took a small piece of apple from my hand, even though she's here for just a few hours.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 04, 2018 at 05:37 PM.
Dec 04, 2018, 07:12 PM
She is a strange dog indeed . (Mia May ) girlfriend found this skinny dog on her door step. She tried to find an owner. After 3 weeks the State police gave the right to do what she wanted to do with her . Anyway. After she snarls at you. If you put your hand out she slicks it.
Dec 05, 2018, 02:51 PM
Some more pics of the new "roomie"

Quick Reply