Coax Help and Talk about Anything Thread - Page 2658 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 19, 2017, 11:34 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Welcome aboard, Duck! Welcome to the world of strange people. LOL....
We have a good time in here... great group of people. Post away!
Buzz
Did someone say "Duck"? I ducked but had no idea what for.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 02:54 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Yes but that doesn't work if you have mono hearing, only works for those with stereo hearing. I don't have a clue which direction sound comes from.
Wow.... that must be strange.. Kinda like ... I don't know what happened... but I have no taste or smell. I eat everything by texture. I t hink that came from hitting those trees at 160mph. I still don't know how I lived through that, with only a broken elbow. The next thing I have to do is get rid of this beer gut.
I've had no alcohol for 2 weeks. The pain was coming from an irritated liver.
May 19, 2017, 02:56 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Did someone say "Duck"? I ducked but had no idea what for.
You must have been flying something. We all duck when you fly. AHJAHAHA! j/k
May 19, 2017, 04:52 PM
Curse you, Red Baron!
Speaking of flying things, here's the latest addition to the Crashed & Burnt hangar.
May 19, 2017, 05:02 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Override
Speaking of flying things, here's the latest addition to the Crashed & Burnt hangar.
Good looking plane! Did you put the floats on it, or were they included? Tell us what's in it.... and we want a video.
May 19, 2017, 05:07 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7

Funny ...

Three engineering students were gathered together discussing who must have
designed the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look
at all the joints." Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The
nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections." The last one
said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run
a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

May 19, 2017, 06:06 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
Three engineering students were gathered together discussing who must have
designed the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look
at all the joints." Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The
nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections." The last one
said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run
a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

That story does not go far enough, a bunch of political hotheads had to debate for years before the civil engineer was told to design it lol.
May 19, 2017, 06:31 PM
Curse you, Red Baron!
Quote:
That story does not go far enough, a bunch of political hotheads had to debate for years before the civil engineer was told to design it lol.
Most of which doctors find easiest to operate on because they have no spine and the head and azz are interchangeable.

May 19, 2017, 06:52 PM
Curse you, Red Baron!
Quote:
Good looking plane! Did you put the floats on it, or were they included? Tell us what's in it.... and we want a video.
It's Horizon's UMX Cessna 182. It has micro rotary servos (not linears), a 2500kV BL 180 motor powered by a 300mAh 2S battery, and SAFE Select technology that can be switched off anytime (between self-leveling or AS3X gyro only).

It comes with landing gear (that's only good on pavement), which I removed to install the floats. The float kit (not included) is from Horizon's Carbon Cub SS - float mount points were included on the bottom of the Cessna. Originally all silver, I put white Ultrakote tape on the top, did the edges with blue trim tape, used electrical tape for the anti-slip pads, and transparent Scotch shipping tape (NOT packing tape) on the bottoms for flying off grass and snow. I also moved the floats aft about 5/8" to position them correctly relative to the fuselage and CG. 5g weight added in the tail, and it balances perfectly (2.5g with gear instead of floats).

No video until it's maidened - and that's waiting for better weather than we have for this weekend.
May 20, 2017, 09:32 AM
Childlike Activity for Adults
Cliff- Nice looking plane. This persistent weather pattern of ridge-trough-ridge-trough on both CONUS coasts has been nailing the interior CONUS.

45F here this AM and sunny. Today's high temperature around here may not even hit 70F . Breezes so far are higher than anticipated, but it keeps those BLACKFLIES grounded
May 20, 2017, 10:00 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Morning All, I haven't been keeping up with the read as I've been very busy with Memorial Day approaching. My Daughter and I was suppose to go to the cemetery today to help place flags on veterans' graves. I think last year was my last time doing this. My hips and knee can't take it anymore. This really bums me out Fellas. I've been doing this for about 20 years or more

Cliff, Congrats on your new addition to your hanger Very snappy looking. I love Cubs and flying them too. So relaxing and the "pucker factor" is just not there I first thought your plane was the Apprentice

Durk, when your car alarm goes off the lights flicker too. You do have eyes right?

What a fantastic day here. A great day to do my Clemmie's poop patrol in the back yard.

Today is my Bud Bob's 3rd year anniversary of his passing. We went to visit him yesterday. For some reason Maureen didn't want to do it today

That storm that passed through here the other night scared the living hell out of me. I woke up screaming. It sounded like a bomb went off right outside my window. It lit up my whole bedroom like it was day time

Mike.
May 20, 2017, 10:02 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Jay, one thing I have never been bothered with is blackflies. I guess they do not like the city. They sound nasty.

Beautiful sunny morning here with a soft breeze, temperature at present is 53. Forecast today is 62, a beautiful day for driving, shopping and going to the Red Lobster for dinner. We are picking our buddy up on the way. Garry and Gerda like shopping at Value Village, a big used goods store similar to Goodwill. In the mean time I sit in my vehicle doing some eReading and listening to some music.

Hope you have a good day Jay, don't overdo it.
May 20, 2017, 10:10 AM
Childlike Activity for Adults
Mike- Good morning to you Sir. There were some really strong Tstorms embedded in that front that rolled across MA yesterday. I am sorry to read about your flag placing activities . Are you going to do your home memorial?

Durk- And good morning to you Sir. Those BLACKFLIES require non-polluted water to propagate. They are really sensitive to any form of pollution.

I am becoming increasingly less capable of physically overdoing things exertion-wise . Today I will finish mowing the "lawn" and try to tackle the tractor's chipper/shredder PTO mechanics.
May 20, 2017, 10:16 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Morning All, I haven't been keeping up with the read as I've been very busy with Memorial Day approaching. My Daughter and I was suppose to go to the cemetery today to help place flags on veterans' graves. I think last year was my last time doing this. My hips and knee can't take it anymore. This really bums me out Fellas. I've been doing this for about 20 years or more

Cliff, Congrats on your new addition to your hanger Very snappy looking. I love Cubs and flying them too. So relaxing and the "pucker factor" is just not there I first thought your plane was the Apprentice

Durk, when your car alarm goes off the lights flicker too. You do have eyes right?

What a fantastic day here. A great day to do my Clemmie's poop patrol in the back yard.

Today is my Bud Bob's 3rd year anniversary of his passing. We went to visit him yesterday. For some reason Maureen didn't want to do it today

That storm that passed through here the other night scared the living hell out of me. I woke up screaming. It sounded like a bomb went off right outside my window. It lit up my whole bedroom like it was day time

Mike.
Mike, have you ever tried that in a big parking lot in bright sun? I don't think so. You can hear your horn and have stereo hearing so you automatically look in that direction and see the lights. Not only that, but your car may be hidden behind other cars. Do you understand where I am coming from now?

As to the Ford Emblem on the Edge, it was a cost cutting measure that did not work. The emblem is a piece of stamped aluminium alloy and then was probably screen printed and clear coated. The coating was probably very thin and simply wore off, I can still see traces of it.
May 20, 2017, 10:39 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Durk, I think you may qualify for a Handicapped placard. If so, do it! Park right up front so you'll never lose your car again