Jun 18, 2019, 07:31 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Buzz, quite the story about your son and the Osprey. I would never have heard where that noise came from.

So your DJI is falling from the sky, any chance there is a bad connection somewhere. Awful strange.

So Hank, according to Buzz you can fly through holes in the trees, be careful. One of those holes could take you into The Twilight Zone.

Cute pictures of the piggies.

Been kind of busy here the last few days, catching up now.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2019, 11:19 AM
Flight for life
Oh well
My lucky brother is at the Paris Air show at Le Bourget.
Sitting in the Airbus helicopter.
Last edited by geotric; Jun 18, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
Jun 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Looking good, Henk. The Rubics cube is cool. Made me dizzy. lol
Jun 18, 2019, 01:56 PM
you haven't seen a tree until
...hiya all,
glad u are all doing OK, just logged in here to catch up... nice to see the quad flying and those Gps are really cute!
Vicky
Jun 18, 2019, 02:12 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
So Hank, according to Buzz you can fly through holes in the trees, be careful. One of those holes could take you into The Twilight Zone.

Hank is the saloon owner from "Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman" (see attachment for a picture)

I don't think I can quite match his physique...

No worries about holes, I can fill these with magical dust.

I'll pass the compliments over to the "ladies"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Looking good, Henk. The Rubics cube is cool. Made me dizzy. lol
Thanks, Buzz. Hope you will recover soon from those spins.
Jun 18, 2019, 02:24 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Buzz, quite the story about your son and the Osprey. I would never have heard where that noise came from.

So your DJI is falling from the sky, any chance there is a bad connection somewhere. Awful strange.

If you saw the size of this Osprey, you may have heard him crash. If Justin hadn't been there, the bird would have drown.

Re: the DJI... I have no idea what happened. The props stopped and it fell through the trees like a sack of hammers. I'll try to find time to upload pics of the Osprey and the DJI crash.
Last edited by Buzz; Jun 18, 2019 at 02:36 PM.
Jun 18, 2019, 07:08 PM
Flight for life
Lots of traffic up there.
And overtaking has to be done below ,,,,lol.

By the way the 747 cruises at .85 Mach
The 737 cruises at .78 Mach.
A business jet cruises at .92 Mach and fly above 50000 feet.

Boeing 747 overtaking a Boeing 737 over Bagdad (1 min 18 sec)
Last edited by geotric; Jun 19, 2019 at 06:23 PM.
Jun 19, 2019, 12:49 PM
Flight for life
Oh .
Nice day for boating.

VIDEO 2019 06 18 14 17 07 (0 min 29 sec)
Jun 19, 2019, 01:09 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Oh .
Nice day for boating.

https://youtu.be/tugq9BtzZbM
Was that a water bomber?
Jun 19, 2019, 01:31 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Was that a water bomber?
Sure looked like it. But I didn't see the bottom water pick-up. Hopefully the water bomber pilots have more sense than that.
Jun 19, 2019, 02:44 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7

Osprey Pics

Here's a few pictures of the Osprey that my son saved from drowning. Wing span is about 6ft. Justin lifted him from the water and put him in his Gheenoe. As you can see, the bird is completely soaked to the skin. They need dry feathers to float. He has a broken leg but Justin called the Marine Science Center and they sent a boat out to meet him. The bird is in good enough shape to be on his own as soon as his let heals. He was in a screaming straight down dive, trying to grab a big fish. He pulled out too late and hit the mangrove trees.
Jun 19, 2019, 02:50 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
That's a big bird.

It's probably over 250g, did someone register it?
Jun 19, 2019, 03:04 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
That's a big bird.

It's probably over 250g, did someone register it?
He's a young bird. Adults get bigger and have enormous wings . He weighed in at 4 pounds. They are light for their size. Most of it's wings and talons.

No, he's not registered with the FAA. They shot him down. j/k ... Actually, he will be tagged and tracked.
Jun 19, 2019, 03:05 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Was that a water bomber?
Yes a Canadair Water bomber.
Jun 20, 2019, 07:31 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Thread OP
Another rainy cool day here, when will the warm sunny weather come? The farmers are not having any luck at all. They will be lucky if they get any crops harvested.

Geo, what is it like up your way?

Quick Reply