Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by Kenta78
Help!

Tomahawk Designs Viper JET EDF elevator rates?

Hi!
Just curious what kind of rates you´ve got on the elevetor?
I have about 5mm (3/16"). both up and down, and I can´t get the rates any higher. (well I could, but that involves cutting out the servo and attach another servo-horn).
But will 5mm do? , coming to think of it my Squall also have small rates on the elevator.. but flies good with them.

Regards
/Kenneth
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2011, 08:07 PM
rrp
Find More Posts by rrp
rrp
I'm assuming you have the foamie. I'm thinking about this one. It looks like a reasonable build. I've built several Squalls. I don't know if you've flown her yet, but what is your opinion of this EDF.

An the subject of throws, they have this on one of the web sites:

The deflections are given in the manual only in degree. We have flown the following settings and that aileron +20 / -9 mm (about 54% QR Differenztierung), elevator and rudder + / - 12 mm. Have we given to all controls 35% Expo. Seems like very high-rate to me.