May 04, 2011, 06:17 AM
Oh no, not again!
Geez, Mike. You started this thread, we were counting on you for all the insider info. I've seen nothing past that one still pic, and I've been looking. Jeff
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2011, 06:25 AM
Lover of scale R/C
LOL, I was just treated to the sight and sound of the BBMF Lancaster flying fairly low right over my house about 30 mins. ago...

I hope HK release more info on this plane soon, and hope it looks like the real thing and not a mock up...

Cheers

Matt
May 04, 2011, 06:29 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Thread OP
Good morning Jeff. No insider info coming out at all. I think this is their own design and is being produced by and for HK. I'm hoping it isn't dead in the water for some reason. It looks too darn nice.
May 04, 2011, 06:34 AM
Thread OP
Matt-- My 14 year old daughter came home from school Friday last and told "Dad, I saw a Spitfire today!" Turns out they'd watched the royal wedding and when the BBMF did the overflight she recognized the Spitty. I've raised her well that much is clear.
May 04, 2011, 09:32 AM
I was think of making the Tony Nijhuis 72" Lanc but as a new convert to epo - I REALLY hope that this gets made.

Pls Make it so.
May 04, 2011, 10:20 AM
i see no reason to think it's dead. In the video they said 6 weeks to two months and that was just a couple of weeks ago, so it'll probably be along late june, early july.
May 04, 2011, 10:54 AM
Running jokes into the ground
hey! they just released the b-17.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16546
May 04, 2011, 11:13 AM
Lover of scale R/C
Quote:
Matt-- My 14 year old daughter came home from school Friday last and told "Dad, I saw a Spitfire today!" Turns out they'd watched the royal wedding and when the BBMF did the overflight she recognized the Spitty. I've raised her well that much is clear.
Hey Mike, it's working! Just have to convert my two kids now, still a bit young at 2 and 4, but there's time!

Matt
May 05, 2011, 07:46 PM
Oh no, not again!
Mike, did you see this little piece of video? https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...wit.asp?id=190
Working bomb doors and sequenced bomb drop, option of a Grand Slam conversion. The foam I can see looks pretty good. Retracts a la Mosquito of course. I'd pre-order tonight if I could. Way cool, Jeff
Last edited by jhspring; May 05, 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Can't spell for s***
May 05, 2011, 09:15 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, looks really nice. I've seen that video. I'm considering ordering one as soon as they come out. I have a feeling that as much as I want one I'll balk at a big shipping charge and wait on the US warehouse getting them. How much was shipping for the big Mossie?
May 05, 2011, 10:00 PM
Oh no, not again!
Mike, whenever I order from HK, I watch the weight counter and fill up the order with other stuff. So the Mossie, a motor and a couple of lipos cost $46.50 in shipping. Didn't figure that was too bad. And for a Lanc.....

Looks like you were ahead of the curve with your Mossie, HK are essentially doing what you did with theirs. That should be worth a few smug points.

Regards,
Jeff
May 07, 2011, 03:27 AM
Ay up it's warped
What retracts will they be using? I have a similar size Halifax that should really be built!
May 07, 2011, 06:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrider
What retracts will they be using? I have a similar size Halifax that should really be built!
Details of the Halifax please!
May 08, 2011, 04:51 AM
Ay up it's warped
A short kit together with plans and canopies etc. Picked it up from Ebay. the plan is the RCM&E 79" ic Halifax BIV. A similar size to this Lancaster so hoped the electrics would be suitable.

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/produc...ge-halifax-biv
May 08, 2011, 10:08 AM
i think the HK Lancaster will be a fair bit smaller. Doing well if it's 63 inch span.

Quick Reply