Mar 25, 2011, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Can anyone ID this antique twin ignition?

I bought this from a non-hobby person who did not know anything about it. It's overall size is about the size of an OS Gemini 160. The only identifying marks on it are the letters "EAKR" stamped into the bottom of the tank. Has two Champion "Made in USA" "V" plugs in it. Had an 18" wood prop on it. Still turns over smoothly with lots of compression. Any help would be great.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2011, 12:56 PM
Just thinking without really knowing.....could it be an early target-drone engine, for military use....?

Neatly built as it seems...and just the right grade of 'basement-find-rust'....
Last edited by Gluehand; Mar 25, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Mar 25, 2011, 01:08 PM
That looks like one of the WWII drone engines the used in the target drones back then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioplane_OQ-2

Marlyn Monroe actually posed with one, before she was found and became a celebrity:
Mar 25, 2011, 01:11 PM
Thread OP
I guess it could be, but it's a little small for drone use I think. Not really sure.
Mar 26, 2011, 10:06 AM
"I guess it could be, but it's a little small for drone use I think. Not really sure."

OS 160 size would be way too small for a drone engine. I have a 160, and the drone engines are much larger.

Les
Mar 26, 2011, 10:08 AM
"Marlyn Monroe actually posed with one, before she was found and became a celebrity:"

The picture didn't post, but I thought she was modeling props.

Les
Mar 26, 2011, 11:00 AM
Thread OP
I was able to see that pic and yes, you are right, much smaller than those in the pics. I posted this in the engine forum to get some details of the engine operation and while no one there has positively ID'd it yet, so far the discussion seems to be leaning towards a pre-production or home-made project by a machinist. I know its old, maybe 1950's by the construction techniques used, but that's about it. Thanks to all for giving it some thought.
Apr 07, 2011, 06:37 PM
Thread OP
By the way, just to keep any interested parties informed, this engine was sold today to an off-site buyer. Best regards to all interested buyers.

Quick Reply