Jan 07, 2013, 11:09 AM
Flying high
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmadIrfan
Hi Ive scratch built this plane as per your plans, but the plane is wobbly and unstable, doesnt fly straight, little roll to one side then the other, pretty much unstable, kindly support in this regard.
Hello,
Thanks for your interest in my plans, hopefully we can get this sorted out for you. Assuming all of your wing surfaces are square it sounds like it could be the CoG, so I would start there. First verify you have it to the spec on the plans. If it seems like it is ahead and try to bring it a bit further forward. You might be able to do this by moving components forward or possibly using a larger battery. At the very least try adding some dead weight temporarily to see if it changes the flight characteristics. I have a feeling this will make a difference.

Let me know how it goes. If your still having trouble please post back and try to give as much info as possible so we can get this ironed out. Good luck!

Bill
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2013, 11:05 PM

Tiled Plans

Thanks for the awesome plans! I'm hoping to build one of these as the weather starts to warm up here. I searched the thread and couldn't find any tiled copy of the plans Do you have any tiled copies or is there a program that makes it easy to print them as tiled?
Mar 12, 2013, 12:17 AM
Flying Low
As long as it is a PDF file when you go to print just select the option to print in poster format and it will tile the plans for you.
Mar 12, 2013, 08:20 PM
Flying high
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hqmq
Thanks for the awesome plans! I'm hoping to build one of these as the weather starts to warm up here. I searched the thread and couldn't find any tiled copy of the plans Do you have any tiled copies or is there a program that makes it easy to print them as tiled?
Hopefully the print as poster option works for you. If not, I can tile them for you. Let me know.

Thanks for your interest and good luck with the build! Make sure to post any pics too!
Mar 21, 2020, 09:07 AM

Edge 540 build

Sorry to re bring such an old tread, but I like very much the design.
Due to Coronavirus pandemic I'm in forced leave from work and I have to stay in house. I decided to give a try to my first RC plane build.
In mater of fact it will be my second RC plane ever, the first is a Volantex mini trainstar which I and my 11 yo daughter are enjoying a lot. We just got back from flying it (my daughter just managed to broke 2 propellers in 40 minutes.....)
So long story short, I started building the edge 540 respecting the plans. I thought I can share the build log here.
Hope I can obtain some help also.
So far I managed to cut out the main wings, 3d printed some wheels and fitted them with foam tires, 3d printed some control horns and a kind of power pod for the motor I ordered.

Some pics with the progress so far.
Mar 23, 2020, 09:09 AM
Just finished the wings. It is not that easy as it seams....
Some pictures with the wings finished with some 3d printed control horns.
Mar 26, 2020, 10:02 AM
Some progress photos

Covered with colored packaging tape
The green bits on the wing belly are 3d printed servo enclosures.
In the second picture there is the landing gear prepared to be installed.
Last edited by daniZZ; Mar 26, 2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quick Reply