This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 23, 2011, 10:47 AM
Fly Low
Thread OP
Discussion

TN Huckfest .... Pure Awesomeness !

I am finally recovering from the TN Huckfest .....

I managed to keep everything except my 51" Slick in one piece. A solder joint went bad on the deans connector which caused a nice nose first crash. No need to worry as all it needs is a new motor box, not even the front former was damaged so it will be an easy fix.

The first day I arrived was friday, it was windy but I decided to fly to fly anyways. They were some of my best flights ever ! The wind was in just the right direction to bring it down VERY low for some rollers. I even managed a roller to landing. After it went down I flew my 46" Vyper and my foamy.

Nightflying was absolutely incredible! Mike and his crew had multiple light tower so you could see almost the whole runway. It was definitely a highlight of the event.

I got to watch Hover bowling which was very fun and managed to win a couple little things in the raffle.

I also got to meet all my online buddys.

Mike (AKA Bivens) ran the event beautifully and was a great host. He let me fly almost his whole fleet of airplanes! I got to fly:

68" Velox
65" Vyper
103" Extra 330
57" Extra 330
The Beast Biplane

Jason let me fly his 89" Slick which was great!
Rcbirk21 let me fly his Osiris, which flew great and the first patten plane I had ever flown.
I got to fly the 104" Slick from 3DHS, I was on the buddy box with Arron Bates.

Overall I also got to see some amazing pilots throw their planes around.
Joe Smith flew the snot out of everything, I have never seen rollers that low. I also saw Arron Bates fly his 104" Slick like a madman.

I didn't take any video because I was way to busy meeting friends and flying stuff !

I did get some pretty good photos though ...

If there ever is a chance to go back to K-town for another Huckfest or Throwdown, I would go in a heart beat !
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply