This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 30, 2011, 01:19 PM
RC boat Rock Star
BTW Alex, you put "Contest" in the title. Are you giving something away?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2011, 03:33 PM
CConrad - your boat is absolutely amazing!!! Such detail! A beautiful boat.

Are they really hydraulic cylinders on the rudder?
Mar 30, 2011, 08:42 PM
Thread OP
Ok now that draws the line! That is THE AWSOMEST thing I have ever seen!! Sick mufflers!!!!! Is that hydraulics to turn the rudder!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?(like the other guy said)
Mar 30, 2011, 08:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Olson
BTW Alex, you put "Contest" in the title. Are you giving something away?
Yea I accedentally hit that. I realized afterwards that it was wrong! (oops) I tried the edit button but it didn't work. Do you know how to change it???
Mar 31, 2011, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by werlec
Are they really hydraulic cylinders on the rudder?
No, there's a steel cable inside, the cylinders are only for scale detail.
Here i'll show you the original rudder from the big one by Victory Team Dubai
cu
Curt
Mar 31, 2011, 01:43 AM

Original Victory4

here you can see the original boat ( i had the original plans from it, designer was Michael Peters )
Curt
oh, thank You for your kind words!
Mar 31, 2011, 07:08 AM
Thread OP

Victory 4

You really are skilled to make somthing like THAT out of scratch!!! WOW!!!! I saw your boat on Youtube and i know its yours cuz it said "Curt's Original Victory 4" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmhRj...eature=related
It was at about 0:55
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Apr 01, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
Apr 01, 2011, 02:34 PM
Here are a few of mine and i am working on a new all white Rampage for my sons right now, powered by a CC racing SIKK 26.
Apr 01, 2011, 03:12 PM
Here's mine. She's an Aeromarine Sprint cat 46". Powered by a 28.5CC Zenoah.

All Gizmo and Speedmaster hardware.

Enjoy.
Apr 01, 2011, 11:07 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Hi Mitch, found another one of my hiding places huh?
Hey, my Rampage ought to be done early next week so I'll post some better shots of it then. Gotta pick up a few more small items tomorrow when I roll down to the Toledo show.
I loved the wrap on your R-42, too bad that you took it off.
Apr 04, 2011, 07:00 PM
thx, it was a nice wrap but it had to come off to do some glass work to the hull. I intended on putting another one on but, this hull is #8 out the mold and its showing its age. It will crack in different places every race i go to! Its still a screamer though so i hate to put her up to get another you know but, when i do i will put the same wrap back on it. We are headed to Mississippi this weekend for the race, i hope to bring home a couple more trophies for her, She's running really good rt now prob the best this hull has ever run in the time i have had it. This boat loves the Offshore class! Turns on a dime!
Apr 04, 2011, 08:27 PM
Thread OP
sweet!
Apr 04, 2011, 08:43 PM
RC boat Rock Star
I was watching the boat race down there on Me Time Live RC, saw it sitting down by the driver's stand and wondered who it belonged to as I loved the wrap. I didn't know that it was yours until after the race then saw the pix on Jim's.

Hey, the Rampage is nearing completion! I've got a few minor things to do and it'll be ready to hit the water. The prop came in today but Brent send me one tweaked a little different from yours as it looks like he found something a little different from yours, less pitch I think to make it easier for the water up here and easier for the engine to turn.
The 'rigger has been a pain in the rear so far but haven't spent much time with it since I got it back from getting it painted. The boom tubes were loaded with primer and paint so I had to get all of that out (oh joy) and the new JAE adjustable strut has been a royal headache as nothing fits right.
Apr 05, 2011, 07:33 AM
Thread OP
O that sucks!!!!! Sounds like you're having some trouble!! Nothing EVER seems to fit right! EVER!!!!
Apr 09, 2011, 06:28 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Hey Mitch, it's getting there! She's at around 90%+ right now as I have to do the final tweaking, decals and toss in soe more floatation. The prop was just for setting up the driveline, the good one is in a velvet bag yet!
The JAE gas 'rigger is coming along but has been a pain in the to get back together. I've also worked on 2 other boats this week, my Cat's. Those just got engine swaps.

Quick Reply