Apr 11, 2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc411800
Could be silly questions but I'll ask them anyway

1. Will a 28mm diameter Outrunner BL fit inside the cowls? Looks like it from Saucisse's excellent pics.

2. Ditto, is the circumference of the firewall at the front of the nacelle large enough to accommodate an X mount?

Great thread. Keep up the good work. I wish I'd got one of these for as a birthday present instead of the crappy EBay kit! ( https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1357209 )

Cheers and thanks
Mick
Just got mine today. the nacelle is 55mm, outside diameter, and about 22mm deep.
The inside diameter of the nacelle is 43mm.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2011, 03:05 PM

Which foam it is made off?

Guys, can you tell us what kind of foam is used on this famous plane? Thanks Medvidek
Apr 11, 2011, 04:10 PM

Paint scheme

Hi fellas...just found this plane..LOVE IT!!!! Used to watch them train near Kelowna. B.C. i need one bad..however shipping is more then the plane, so not an impulse buy. Few questions.

1. Is the paint scheme/decals removable? Guess the real question should be are thelines and embloms painted or stickers? Anyone know where to get decals for a Canadian version?

2. Any concesus on power..i am sorta new to brushless, so the numbers mean nothing to me. Is there an engine/mount combo out there that is a faily easy fit? THANKS!!!!

i will be followin this thread closely.
Apr 11, 2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medvidek
Guys, can you tell us what kind of foam is used on this famous plane? Thanks Medvidek
It is expanded polystyrene.
Apr 11, 2011, 04:43 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramw5p
Hi fellas...just found this plane..LOVE IT!!!! Used to watch them train near Kelowna. B.C. i need one bad..however shipping is more then the plane, so not an impulse buy. Few questions.

1. Is the paint scheme/decals removable? Guess the real question should be are thelines and embloms painted or stickers? Anyone know where to get decals for a Canadian version?

2. Any concesus on power..i am sorta new to brushless, so the numbers mean nothing to me. Is there an engine/mount combo out there that is a faily easy fit? THANKS!!!!

Read first thrree pages. All questions answered.
Apr 11, 2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramw5p

1. The red,white, & blue stripes, and the "807", are pressure-sensitive stickers. The rest is paint. (I don't choose to test paint removal, but it could be done, I am sure).

2. Here is what I am going to use;

Headsuprc, 2410 Towerpro motors. A perfect fit, reasonably priced.

Unfortunately, Guan'Li chose poorly, on their supplied spinners, and they arrived terribly distorted. I corrected this with a pair of DuBro 2 inch spinners, from Headsup.
Apr 11, 2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield
Cant wait to get one. I have the Guan li catalina now and I love it. Differential throttle is the way to go for water steering, I use a v-tail mixer and mix rudder and throttle.
A little more detail on how to do this would be greatly appreciated by me,
(and some others, I'm sure).
Apr 11, 2011, 06:50 PM
i ordered one of these from Hobby King 5 days ago and it still hasn't even shipped. Is this normal for them? The last order i made arrived in 6 days. This one hasn't even been shipped after 5 days. No, it wasn't back ordered.
Apr 11, 2011, 06:52 PM
there is a source of Canadian decals for this?
Apr 11, 2011, 06:56 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Yes it's normal...if you look carefully in your order details, under descriptions below the '' CL-415 Canadair 1390mm (ARF)'' you can read this: *JIT-Item (this item takes 3-5 days to dispatch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aferguson
i ordered one of these from Hobby King 5 days ago and it still hasn't even shipped. Is this normal for them? The last order i made arrived in 6 days. This one hasn't even been shipped after 5 days. No, it wasn't back ordered.
Apr 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
ah ok thanks, i didn't see that.
Apr 11, 2011, 10:33 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer31
Hi here is the wiring diagram, I got it from The Twins Multi purpose cargo thread.
Apr 11, 2011, 10:38 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer31
There is also some discussion about it here, Twins Multi purpose cargo thread. Starting at Post #163 .
Apr 12, 2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aferguson
Aparently, there is a situation where they don't warehouse kits, so they "drop-ship", which means they deal with a 3rd party, which takes more time. There is a warning on my order, stating that it will take 5 or more extra days to ship the CL-415. I made a second order a day later, which had a lipo in it, so they used ultra-slow "Swiss-post' to send it, and it actually arrived before the CL-415 did! I ordered my CL-415 on the 23rd of March, and it was delivered on the 10th of April. About 18 days, (allowing for the date line).
That being said, it is a beautiful, impressive model, worth waiting for!
Apr 12, 2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield
There is also some discussion about it here, Twins Multi purpose cargo thread. Starting at Post #163 .
Thank you very much for the info & the links!
A few years ago, a friend built a twin engined flying boat with differential throttle controls. His was done mechanically, but the end result was splendid!
No one should have to operate a flying boat without this benefit.

Quick Reply