Thread Tools
Mar 24, 2011, 03:29 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
huntingfield's Avatar
Cant wait to get one. I have the Guan li catalina now and I love it. Differential throttle is the way to go for water steering, I use a v-tail mixer and mix rudder and throttle.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2011, 03:39 AM
fay
fay
Registered User
fay's Avatar
Saw HK stocking this plane.. pretty tempting price even with recommended ep set.. nice vids and will wait your guys flight report..
Mar 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
Registered User
I have ordered this airplane. This is one of those planes where I just click "buy" before I even read the complete description on Hobbyking I just got to have it.
Will post some pictures and video once it gets here (from the other side of the world).
/Ralf Selfjord
Mar 25, 2011, 01:49 AM
Diving Down & Flying High
Will.E.King's Avatar

Foam Seaplane


Would of been better if it was had a plastic fuselage & EPP foam wings, but should still be good.
Me & a friend ordered two. I can't wait to get them.
Mar 25, 2011, 06:46 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
huntingfield's Avatar
I watched the nitroplanes video and was very impressed ( might need a little rudder mixed with aileron). I ordered one of these planes yesterday(Hobbyking). The power system that they show in the video is the one I will use. I plan on using flaps and a lighting system and differential throttle for water handling. Thank you Hobbyking for this plane, now where is the Dehavilland Dash 8 ?
Last edited by huntingfield; Mar 25, 2011 at 06:57 AM.
Mar 25, 2011, 06:48 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
saucisse's Avatar
Just received an email saying that mine shipped today
Mar 25, 2011, 07:02 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
huntingfield's Avatar
Why don't Hobbyking preposition a few of these in the states? I know about the USA warehouse but it has a limited supply of items.
Mar 25, 2011, 07:55 AM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
I'm a sucker for new waterplanes. I just ordered mine from HK with recommended motor and HD8040 3-bladed prop. Can't wait to start building!
Mar 25, 2011, 11:15 AM
God - Family - R/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
I'm a sucker for new waterplanes. I just ordered mine from HK with recommended motor and HD8040 3-bladed prop. Can't wait to start building!
On my CL-415 Canadair I'm going to use the HD8040 3-bladed prop also but make sure you get the reverse pitch brother of this prop to counter rotate and cancel out the torque effect.

Right hand HD8040 3-bladed prop
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=5247

Left hand HD8040 3-bladed prop
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=5249

Greg H.
Mar 25, 2011, 02:42 PM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnflyt View Post
On my CL-415 Canadair I'm going to use the HD8040 3-bladed prop also but make sure you get the reverse pitch brother of this prop to counter rotate and cancel out the torque effect.

Right hand HD8040 3-bladed prop
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=5247

Left hand HD8040 3-bladed prop
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=5249

Greg H.
Yeah, thats what I did on my Catalina. Forgot to order these that way this time. Thanks for the reminder.
Mar 25, 2011, 03:45 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
hpiguy's Avatar
Anyone choosing any other motors or props? Be interesting to see what everyone uses.
Mar 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
saucisse's Avatar
I have a sh*t load of FC 28-22 1200kv motors for my quadcopters so will try them with 8x4.5 cw/ccw props. ESC will be Turnigy PLUSH 30A since I also have few spare ones.

Link to the motors: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5354

I'll report how it goes probably next week hopefully. Shipping from HK to Canada did improved a lot lately it's getting here in 5-6 days on regular airmail registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Anyone choosing any other motors or props? Be interesting to see what everyone uses.
Mar 27, 2011, 03:11 PM
Departing at 'O' dark 30
Cass's Avatar
Damn, now i have to buy one too.

Im in for the counter rotating 3 bladers too.

Looks like my lake is gonna have excellent bomber coverage this summer .
Mar 27, 2011, 05:58 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
hpiguy's Avatar
I've never done a twin engine/ESC plane before. Rock crawlers yes I've done twin motors on them, but they use one ESC and either series or parallel wiring of the motors depending on the application.

When using twin ESCs on a plane, do you just hook a Y cable from the throttle channel to give signal to each ESC?

Do you unhook the red wire from each and just use a normal UBEC to power the receiver and servos or do you leave it hooked up?
Last edited by hpiguy; Mar 27, 2011 at 06:30 PM.
Mar 27, 2011, 06:07 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
saucisse's Avatar
I use a ''Y'' cable and unhook the red wire on 1 of the 2 ESC.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I've never done a twin engine/ESC plane before. Rock crawlers yes I've done twin motors on them, but they use one ESC and either series or parallel wiring of the motors depending on the application.

When using twin ESCs on a plane, do you just hook a Y cable from the throttle channel to give signal to each ESC?

Do you unhook the red wire from each and just use a normal BEC to power the receiver and servos or do you leave it hooked up?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale MR Aerodesign Canadair CL-415 Kit Complete Rudderman98 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 May 09, 2009 07:05 PM
Found Canadair CL 415 kit,ARF, ARC,or plans rcdude01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Nov 13, 2008 05:41 PM
Wanted Looking for a Canadair CL-415 ARF or kit, maybe plans rcdude01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Oct 17, 2008 04:54 PM
For Sale Canadair CL-415 Kit NIB EAMRC Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Oct 29, 2006 11:36 AM
FS: Canadair CL-415 Kit Rudderman98 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 11, 2004 09:54 PM