Apr 30, 2011, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsery2k1
saucisse

then the final one the model must have dropped below
V2 ( safe single engine speed) and when you gave it
throttle it just rolled over and sprialed in.
about what would happen in a real twin on one motor.

once the aircraft drops below V2 the aircraft is no longer
controlable with full power on the good motor
so I don't think it was radio failure-
Actually I think you mean Vmc. Vmc is minimum controllable airspeed. It is the minimum speed under several factors in which a multi-engine aircraft can be certified to maintain directional control. Below that speed; torque, p-factor (or thrust), and asymmetrical aerodynamics overcome the ability to maintain directional control of a twin.

V2 to V2+10 is for FAR certified Part 25 aircraft. All it is is the speed required to maintain a 35 Ft. clearance off the end of a runway while taking off with a balanced field length. Commonly referred to as the "second segment climb" of the 4 segment certificated climb profile for single engine ops of transport category aircraft.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2011, 02:57 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
I am using a stand alone v-tail mixer to mix channel 3 and 4 for throttle differential. I have a Spektrum dx6i radio and use it's built in mixing feature to combine rudder ( now throttle) with aileron. I did have another y-harness for the rudder servo but as I have said throttle differential makes the rudder pointless now.
May 01, 2011, 06:52 AM
I'd rather be flying
A little HD video of my maiden flight as promised. Hoping for another flight today. Only used my hatcam so excuse the video goof-ups. Also, ignore the date on video.....

cl415 (3 min 41 sec)
May 01, 2011, 10:52 AM
Fuzzy Member
That took off much nicer than the video that nitroplanes took. May have to take another look at this one.

I don't like to fly behind trees, made me vervous just watching you do it...

Thanks for the view though. I want to see more when you get some more experiance with it.
May 01, 2011, 01:48 PM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
Look at the second takeoff on the nitroplanes video. It needs up elevator to really clear the water.
May 01, 2011, 05:29 PM
I'd rather be flying
@Lupy - Yes I agree, I hate to fly behind trees too but our water is much higher than usual and there wasn't a clear view of the lake. Luckily the leaves are not out much so I could see thru the tree!
Nice plane though, lots of room for your FPV equipment!

I notice I needed a bit of up elevator too on takeoff. I also run a bit nose heavy so that may be why....
May 02, 2011, 06:39 PM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
That is too bad. It was a really pretty plane.
I'm wondering if these esc are failing because the becs are connected. I know that it isn't supposed to be a problem, but maybe one bec could be left unplugged.
Last edited by BloomingtonFPV; May 02, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
May 02, 2011, 06:47 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
I had both esc disconnected and was useing a seprate 5 amp ubc
I popped a fet on the the left esc ,it was new , I test ran the motor.s to take watt / amp readings and it was ok - but it failed ????
May 02, 2011, 08:35 PM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
Bummer. What brand was it?
May 02, 2011, 08:52 PM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsery2k1
I had both esc disconnected and was useing a seprate 5 amp ubc
I popped a fet on the the left esc ,it was new , I test ran the motor.s to take watt / amp readings and it was ok - but it failed ????
It sounds like a case of rotten luck and electronic infant mortality. Sorry to see the failure and resulting crash. Good thing it missed the car though!!

It was a beautiful looking plane but I have faith you'll whip her back into shape in no time!

I'll be doing a little re-motoring myself. I bought a couple of 2212-10 motors I'll be installing soon. After flying again yesterday, I realized it is much to sluggish for my liking with the "recommended" Hobby King motors.
May 02, 2011, 10:06 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
BloomingtonFPV

the esc was this one

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2165

but I have used thes turnigy esc with very good luck , including

3 other twins

just bad luck some glue some fill some paint and it will fly again
May 03, 2011, 01:18 AM
I have just opened my kit to check the contents and found that the tip plates for the wing were missing. Could someone please take a close up photo of the plate on the wing tip and give me the outside dimentions including the thickness of the plate. I have pleanty of foam to make replacement plates if I have the dimentions.

As a consolation an extra set of floats were included in my Kit.

Oher than the missing tip plates the kit arrived in good condition and I am impressed with its size. Not so big as to make transporting it a problem but big enough to make water handeling easy.

Ken
May 04, 2011, 07:31 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
well almost done ,