Mar 25, 2011, 07:39 AM

Good Idea TP16

TP16,

I've enjoyed hearing of the lost foam technique, and have never tried it.

I have a little plane, a Baby Shark from Nanoplanes.net I like it very much, so much in fact that I got all my local buddies together and we placed an order for 12 planes.

The Baby Shark is an awesome deal, cruises around at 80 mph, flies great and is super cheap: $120 receiver ready, or $25 for the basic kit, (includes 3 carbon spars, laser cut foam and instructions)

So I ordered a second one, put it on a diet, and reduced the all up weight (RTF) from 270 to 170 grams. Now it's not cheap...

The next thing I want to do to it is make a smaller fuse, or perhaps find some light weight tappered glass or carbon tube that I can add a wing saddle and nose pod.

Cheers and thanks for the inspiration,

Eric
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2011, 07:48 AM
Troy / others,

Regarding the smaller fuse I need for the above, do you know of any "off the shelf" tappered tubes available?

I have an old push rod assembly from a B1 that looks about right, but I'd hate to destroy it as it's a complete,ready to use assembly, with servo / horns /batt and charge plug.

Thanks,

Eric
Mar 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
CERTIFIED LIPO PUFFER
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersdean
tp16. your join date is 8-09. All these questions you ask are very basic. im going to point you in another direction for a hobby. this one seems to be a bit much for you. try bowling, min. golf, or kite flying. This one seems a bit much for you.
w.t.f.?
Mar 25, 2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epwierman
Seems like there's bound to be a bad apple we come across once in a while.

It is what it is, and easily ignored while moderators handle it.
His football team should have been enough.
Mar 25, 2011, 12:05 PM
Sure it'll work
Quote:
Originally Posted by grobbins666
His football team should have been enough.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:09 PM
steelersdean
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while steelersdean edits it.
Mar 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
so are you guys going to solve his problem or what ? the gossip makes you look bad !
So does your team
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:09 PM
steelersdean
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while steelersdean edits it.
Mar 25, 2011, 05:28 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Thread OP
Oops... I wasn't expecting THAT much of a reaction. Sorry if I made anyone a little nervous here; I have no plans to leave RCG, I never did have any, and will be here for a long, long time.

Man, now I feel all loved and whatnot
Last edited by Piece; Mar 26, 2011 at 02:32 AM. Reason: A big, colossal "oops" moment...
Mar 25, 2011, 08:06 PM

Wow some peoples kids!

Hay TP16

Sorry for the other guy, but 99.99% of us here are the kind of guys you could have a great time with at the flying field or in the work shop, we can teach and learn a lot from each other.

the other .01% don't last long or say anything helpful.

We are here for you! Don't jet "Joe Beer " intimidate you.

There are lots of guys here who have been to World championships and there are a lot of guys who have done EPIC stuff in their own shops for no more than their own and their friends enjoyment here as well. There are literally Hundreds of guys I have only seen postings of or sent PMs to, who I have massive respect for and one day I would really like to shake their hands and go flying with. Some I already have.

RC groups is one of the best resources, it is a n incredible collection of gray matter focused on our little hobby, don't let one LITTLE man disrupt your dreams or keep you from enjoying yourself.

Just my 2 Cents worth. There are a lot of guys who have honestly been there and done that, and have good Kind words of encouragement for others, please find and listen to them and just let the rest blow themselves tired.

Regards,
Wetcoast.

"Joe Beer" is copy write of Eric Heemskerk
Mar 25, 2011, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
hu ??
Last edited by steelersdean; Mar 26, 2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: add
Mar 25, 2011, 10:15 PM
The Kid
Quote:
If you mess with Varmet, you're messing with me. Varmet, NoflyZone, Xpress, SgtDirt, GlacierGirl, LouBud, Ferndale, CaptainGeek, and a host of others will tell you how bad of an idea that is
[email protected] toilet paper 16......thats soooo cute you have on-line friends....let me guess your the kid in school no one talks to ??
I hate to get into this...

And yet you don't see any of those guys hanging out in these high-performance forums, do you? So maybe leave the advice to the experts, and you can yield your extremely insightful and valuable advice to all the ladies and gents in the "Electric Airplane Talk" forum
Mar 25, 2011, 10:26 PM
Quote:
whats wrong tp16. someone ruin your thread? ...anyways your mom called, says you had better not pawn her lap top this time, just a heads up .
Mar 26, 2011, 03:12 AM
Sure it'll work
Riiiight, I had forgot about that. Besides, I'm sure he's been reported at least once by now.
Mar 26, 2011, 09:57 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Thread OP
Try like 30 times.... He's taking a lovely vacation right now

NOW.... BACK TO MY FUSELAGE......

Actually, I don't really have much to say about it yet, but I'm making an effort to keep this thread from getting moved
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod

Quick Reply