Centura Low Self-Discharge (LSD) NiMH Rechargeable Batteries - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 15, 2011, 12:24 AM
Discussion

Centura Low Self-Discharge (LSD) NiMH Rechargeable Batteries

I received an email from All-battery.com advertising their brand of Low Self-Discharge batteries in all sizes. I haven't had a chance to try them and probably won't because I already have all the Sanyo Eneloop batteries that I need.

I just thought I would pass this on to the forum. They are cheap, but I have no idea how good they are. I've had mixed results with Ternergy batteries in the past.

Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page for comparisons to Eneloops.

http://www.all-battery.com/centura-c...ries10406.aspx
Last edited by ptglass; Mar 15, 2011 at 12:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2011, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptglass
I received an email from All-battery.com advertising their brand of Low Self-Discharge batteries in all sizes. I haven't had a chance to try them and probably won't because I already have all the Sanyo Eneloop batteries that I need.

I just thought I would pass this on to the forum. They are cheap, but I have no idea how good they are. I've had mixed results with Ternergy batteries in the past.

Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page for comparisons to Eneloops.

http://www.all-battery.com/centura-c...ries10406.aspx
Depends actually which cells you need. They really aren't any cheaper than AA Eneloops. A 4 pack of Centura AA's are $7.61, 2 packs comes to $15.22, and the cheapest shipping offered was $9.48. Bringing a total of $24.70 for 8 AA's. An 8 pack of AA's at Amazon is only $19.62, with free shipping if you spend just over another $5, or $5.58 shipping (so why not just get something else for that amount).

The ones linked above were Centura AAA's, and are about half the price of Eneloop AAA's. But again, the high shipping might make it not worth the risk of them not being as good.

Unless you knew they were great cells, and you needed a bunch, I just don't see them as worth the effort or risk to deviate away from the tried and true Eneloop cells. Plus, Eneloops are now rated for 1500 cycles, whereas these are only 1000 cycle rated, if that means anything to you.

I agree though, my experience with Tenergy cells, both NiMH and Lipos have been nothing to rave about!
Mar 17, 2011, 12:51 AM
I had much rather get the "real thing" (Eneloops) myself. It's the only NIMH batteries I buy these days.
Mar 17, 2011, 07:00 AM
Southern Pride
I have tried different batteries from them over the years and most were a major disapointment.

I did purchased some Tenergy 2300 mAh AAs around 6 years or so ago for like 24 ea. for $25 and they were great. I am still using some of them. I started a Thread here and others had mixed results with their purchases.

Tenergy ,like others do not really manufacture the products they sell. Their AAs and AAAs could be made by 4 different manaufactures and could change every few weeks or months.

Charles

Quick Reply