Thread Tools
May 08, 2011, 07:15 AM
Registered User
Bravo!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2011, 07:50 AM
Registered User

Bob Hoover


Nice bird!!!!! very well done, now can you do the Bob Hoover routine?




Wylie Shaw
May 08, 2011, 08:00 AM
Registered User
Ken Myers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsumner
The Commander flies....

...

I hope to post some in flight pictures from my flying buddy Ken Myers later today....

Denny
Sorry didn't get them off the camera last night and heading out for another day of flying right now. Will get them too you soon.

Ken
May 08, 2011, 03:31 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Dennis Sumner's Avatar
Thanks to Ken Myers for the inflight pix....
May 08, 2011, 03:34 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Dennis Sumner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie Shaw
Nice bird!!!!! very well done, now can you do the Bob Hoover routine?




Wylie Shaw
I'll need some practice....hard to do the one engine out part of his act!
Aug 29, 2011, 09:41 AM
A man with too many toys
Do you have any photos of the aileron linkage and servo?
Aug 29, 2011, 10:19 AM
Registered User
dsumner,

I admire your workbench, seen in post #22.

Jim R.
Aug 29, 2011, 02:15 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Dennis Sumner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Do you have any photos of the aileron linkage and servo?
Here's a couple of pix of my Aileron servo mounting and linkage and one showing the Rx and ESC. Because my Aileron servo was a little taller and that HOB spec'd out I needed to change the linkage slightly for clearance.

I hope these pix help.
Sep 05, 2011, 03:59 PM
Registered User
Elmog's Avatar
Nice job on the buildup and flying report. The only part of the HOB Commander that I'm not too pleased with are the square cowlings. I wish they would have offered them with rounded edges. Other than that it looks like a nice ship to build.
Sep 05, 2011, 05:39 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Dennis Sumner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmog
Nice job on the buildup and flying report. The only part of the HOB Commander that I'm not too pleased with are the square cowlings. I wish they would have offered them with rounded edges. Other than that it looks like a nice ship to build.
The beauty of the kit is that you could add some 1/4 triangle and round the edges of the cowls as well as the fuse. An easy custom touch. I hope you try it and post some pix!
Oct 11, 2011, 09:19 PM
Registered User
Elmog's Avatar
Your Commander really looks great in the air. I'll bet this bird from HOB will be a big hit once people see them flying at the field.
Oct 12, 2011, 09:46 PM
Registered User
Geeez.. HOB back from the Cemetary.
Speed 300 s !! And Gunther Props!!
Coulda sworn this is was 2011... NOT.. 1995!
Erm Did the geniuses say Where? one could buy these motors/props... Today??
Too little, wayyy too late and still wayyy too heavy/overbuilt. Never ? seen a Pat Tritle /Dare kit... Unbelievable.
Some just never seen able to catch up.
Oct 12, 2011, 11:04 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Tram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
Geeez.. HOB back from the Cemetary.
Speed 300 s !! And Gunther Props!!
Coulda sworn this is was 2011... NOT.. 1995!
Erm Did the geniuses say Where? one could buy these motors/props... Today??
Too little, wayyy too late and still wayyy too heavy/overbuilt. Never ? seen a Pat Tritle /Dare kit... Unbelievable.
Some just never seen able to catch up.
I noticed that as well. However, it'd be about as easy to replace the speed 300's with some inrunners as it was to post this reply to your post.

No need in getting wrapped around the axle over minutia.
Mar 30, 2012, 06:40 PM
Build to fly, fly to fix
I love the plane and i love the kit, but Speed 300's are getting harder to find these days. Any suggestions on brushless setups / recommendations?
Mar 31, 2012, 06:55 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Dennis Sumner's Avatar
The best place to buy the brushed motors is Graupnet USA.

http://www.v-eastonline.com/categori...-Class-Motors/


You may check with House of Balsa too.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale House of Balsa Pietenpol kit, with spoke wheels and covering Joe Pierson Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 12, 2010 12:13 PM
For Sale House of Balsa Two Tee kit. Modelholic Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 04, 2010 02:30 AM
Sold New In Box - House of Balsa P-51D Mustang Electric Balsa kit Henna_Ojisan Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 23, 2008 09:57 AM
Sold NIB House Of Balsa ELECTRIC ZAP MACHINE Kit punkindrublik Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Dec 30, 2005 02:14 PM
Article House of Balsa Electric Zap Machine NNC Kit Review Shoutbanger Electric Plane Talk 1 Nov 25, 2004 06:14 AM