Thread Tools
Mar 13, 2011, 10:39 AM
Registered User
hog2soar's Avatar
Discussion

If you could only have one plane.....what would it be?


If you were limited to ONE Plane,just to have fun with.For Sport flying,not competetion flying,and could have your choice of any plane,what would it be? And why? What is on your wish list?

Would it be Foam,Woodie,Composite,Moldie?

1Meter,2Meter,3Meter etc.?

Res,Full House etc.?

I know everyone has their own favorite within their arsenal. And everyone flies different,Thermaling,Slope, Competition,etc.but was just curious what you would have if you were only allowed to have ONE Plane. Or if you allready have the one and only.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2011, 12:23 PM
LSF303-AMA Fellow
tkallev's Avatar
Easy answer:

HKM 7.2 meter ASW28 with up and go electric module.

If I had one of these, I would sell most everything else I own.

tk
Mar 13, 2011, 02:46 PM
Registered User
My, that's a big one.
Mar 13, 2011, 03:00 PM
Foam flogger
Can only comment on my current fleet. Would keep my Radian if I could only keep one.
Mar 13, 2011, 05:17 PM
Registered User
craigrrr's Avatar

Mirage


I like fairly large light weight RES woodies.

My favorite by far is the Mirage (Isthmus Models): 3 meters, extremely nice, hands off thermal machine, 35 oz pure, 40 oz powered.

A real pleasure to fly. Flew today 80 minutes with long durations of deployed spoilers and spiraling (but my plane is unpure and took 3 electric climb-outs).

The Mirage has spoiled me.

Craig
Mar 13, 2011, 07:03 PM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
ArneHu's Avatar
Just now: My Radian. Lot of fun and training for a low price. They are on sale here now, for a really good price.
Mar 13, 2011, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrrr View Post
I like fairly large light weight RES woodies.

My favorite by far is the Mirage (Isthmus Models): 3 meters, extremely nice, hands off thermal machine, 35 oz pure, 40 oz powered.

A real pleasure to fly. Flew today 80 minutes with long durations of deployed spoilers and spiraling (but my plane is unpure and took 3 electric climb-outs).

The Mirage has spoiled me.

Craig
Would like pictures of this bird please
Mar 13, 2011, 07:39 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Bob Cook's Avatar
WOW this is a tuff question. Right now, it would be my Mini BOT from Ray. Before that, it would have been my Mini AVA. And before that, it would have been my Omega 1.8.
I like poly RES planes.

Bob in Seattle
Mar 13, 2011, 08:34 PM
Registered User
craigrrr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallsRoofing71 View Post
Would like pictures of this bird please
Hi, WR:

Here are two shots of my electrified Mirage.

Craig
Mar 15, 2011, 08:14 AM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
It wouldn't be a glider even though it is only 3 channel and has the loading of one. A 105" old timer, the 2000 Quaker.
Mar 15, 2011, 08:20 AM
Registered User
Andy W's Avatar
If I could have only one, it would probably be a flying wing of some type. Larger "Zagi" style..
..a
Mar 15, 2011, 02:01 PM
Kyle Clayton
Wave Glider's Avatar
Omega II 1.8E that I have. Straight wing version with full span flaperons. I love how that thing flies in all weather. It really suits my style, it moves fast, thermals fast, and when I'm tired of the ride I'm in I can kick out and really cover some ground to the next one, even in big wind. Its probably not the best flying plane for all lol, its pretty unforgiving if you slow down too much or give it too much input but I guess my flying style has grown accustomed to how it likes to be flown over the year I've had it. I have a poly version with flaps and the original builder even did so much as to make a new rudder for it about 3 times as big as the stock one, so it has plenty of authority, but I just cant get that one to fly as good as the straight edge one
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Mar 15, 2011, 02:13 PM
Registered User
well, a structurally strong but light large electric REF, and thus i got a ava pro-ef.
Mar 15, 2011, 03:06 PM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
I have the 2M Magellan with flaps and ailerons and agree it is an excellent all-a-rounder.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Glider View Post
Omega II 1.8E that I have. Straight wing version with full span flaperons. I love how that thing flies in all weather. It really suits my style, it moves fast, thermals fast, and when I'm tired of the ride I'm in I can kick out and really cover some ground to the next one, even in big wind. Its probably not the best flying plane for all lol, its pretty unforgiving if you slow down too much or give it too much input but I guess my flying style has grown accustomed to how it likes to be flown over the year I've had it. I have a poly version with flaps and the original builder even did so much as to make a new rudder for it about 3 times as big as the stock one, so it has plenty of authority, but I just cant get that one to fly as good as the straight edge one
Mar 16, 2011, 09:24 AM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Leadchucker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
It wouldn't be a glider even though it is only 3 channel and has the loading of one.
Same here with an old timer, my 1936 86" Miss Delaware would have to be the onest and onlyest if forced to choose. 9 oz./sq.ft and a quite capable thermal machine.
Last edited by Leadchucker; Mar 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll If you could tell ParkZone to build the next Warbird what would it be? Be? Fidy$Trainer Electric Warbirds 237 Jun 07, 2011 03:14 AM
Discussion If you could have only one plane - which would it be? Lberry.88 Electric Plane Talk 45 Oct 20, 2010 09:55 AM
Discussion If you could only have one last flight, what would it be? flyonline Slope 17 Jul 19, 2010 07:25 PM
Discussion If you could only have ONE plane...what would you pick? Smokescreen38 Parkflyers 31 Jun 10, 2008 08:58 PM
Question If you could only buy one composite fabric, what would it be? soholingo Composites Fabrication 13 Sep 14, 2006 09:42 PM