Aug 08, 2003, 03:31 PM
Certified Slopehead
Thread OP

Prodij in the works

I'm going to use this thread to document my Prodij build....I recieved it today, Friday, less than 4 days after I made the deal with Mr. Randy McCleave in Witchita Kansas! Talk about lightning quick shipping! It was packaged VERY well, and all the parts are in great shape. He even included an extra set of pushrods because he thought his kit didn't come with any, but they were actually there, wrapped up with the wing. I can't wait to get going on this, but I'm going to finish up the 60" Raider first, so this thread will probably pop back up again in a little while....Then again, I don't know how long I can leave it in the box and not build it
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2003, 12:35 AM
Thats a very pperrrrrettttty ppraw dij.

very perrrrrrretttttty

Don't you still have a pair of surf trunks the same color?

Johnny...................
Aug 09, 2003, 12:55 AM
Certified Slopehead
Thread OP
No, I think I gave them back to you....
Aug 09, 2003, 01:35 AM
Chemically Corrected
The caterpillars are turning into cocoons right now, so that the butterflys will emerge from your stomache on the maiden flight. I am very jealous, good luck!
Aug 09, 2003, 04:46 AM
Ohhh. It's Pink.

That's why you got it for such a low price!

forget the foamie and play with the crunchie! That's what I'm doing, currently spackling the fuse of the M60 while the epoxy dries on the tails of the Renegade and Turbo

Nice ship, better build her quick cuz the Renegade fuse/tail is set for finishing/radio install and the bagging of the wing is this weekend

Real Men fly pink, but so do girls in pigtails and dresses.
lol sorry I can't help it!

Ray

Oh yeah; here's a question bout this bird that's been buggin me for awhile:

is it pronounced Praw Dij or Praw Di Jay!
I say Praw Dij with my basic French skills..you don't hear people say Mir A Jay or Volt ijay or Passa jay

praw di jay should be spelled protege with a little mark on top of the last e

LOL okay..its late..I think I should hold off recovering the wings of the Turbo till after I got some sleep!

Hasta Luego fellow
slope Praw Di Jays
Last edited by Raymund Reyes; Aug 09, 2003 at 05:24 AM.
Aug 09, 2003, 01:50 PM
I thought it Praw Dij as well, but I guess it is Praw Di Jay (Protege).
Aug 09, 2003, 02:26 PM
It's Definitely your color...good luck.

All kidding aside, is that the newer version that is suppose to be easier to build?
Aug 09, 2003, 02:40 PM
Certified Slopehead
Thread OP
I pronounce it "Praw-Dij", but hey, who knows...As for the pink, well, beggars can't be choosers! By the way, if anyone is looking for a NIB Prodij for a good price, PM me. I got another offer that I could hook you up with.
Aug 09, 2003, 06:07 PM
Love gliders & speed !
Hi Tenover,
i am french and we pronounce it Praw Dij.
LWThompson,
this is not the newest version that is easier to build.just the fuse is different on the new one (unless you choose the option of having the ailerons hinged and sealed) and the joint is horizontal on the new one.
you can tell the difference.
the new one might not be available in the US yet.
guillaume
Aug 09, 2003, 06:11 PM
pre-hinged?!? thats what i'm talking about!!

dustin
Aug 09, 2003, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Reyes
Mir A Jay or Volt ijay or Passa jay

praw di jay should be spelled protege with a little mark on top of the last e

Just a play on words and the phonetic sound of letters.
Aug 11, 2003, 10:05 AM
Certified Slopehead
Thread OP
Is it possible to sand off this horrendous paint and repaint it to my liking? At least the wing? Do you think it would be too heavy?
Aug 11, 2003, 10:31 AM
No fuse too fat
Quote:
Originally posted by tenover
Is it possible to sand off this horrendous paint and repaint it to my liking? At least the wing? Do you think it would be too heavy?
Tenover,
Aw c'mon. Don't let these ladies get to you. If they are so worried about flying a pink and yellow plane, then maybe they need to get back in touch with their own masculinity. I think the colors look great! It will be very visable. I wouldn't go messing up the finish on a brand new plane. Just fly it. It's a great looking plane if you ask me.

Russ.
Aug 11, 2003, 10:37 AM
Scott, I don't think it would be a weight thing, probably more of a finish thing..

Russ had a good point though.... It won't matter what the color is when it goes ripping by...

Of course you could always just wait, and if the fuse gets trashed, you can order a new one in a different color, and then when the wing....

For the paint, you might be better off roughing it up, and just laying primer down and going from there..

I also got some protractors you will need to print out for setting up your tail....

I will try to attach them here...

I buckled the wing on mine, just about lost it all together.. I am thinking about try to set it up with flaps while it is down... Not sure if I can get the wing servos in there... Or where to run the wires if I do..

Lemme know if this protractor doesn't work for you.. I have a couple of others, but they are too big for attaching.. I can't remember which one I used.. I do remember that I had trimmed it down from 180 to 110 degrees, so I could just lay it in between the tail and set the angle..
Last edited by davensocal; Aug 11, 2003 at 10:43 AM.
Aug 11, 2003, 10:46 AM
Love gliders & speed !
Tenover,
i think the pink on the Prodij looks great!!!
it must but quite a rare colour scheme on the Prodij,the first time i hear about it.
if you are thinking about repainting it though,try and email Alexis Marechal from Aeromod directly,i am sure he understands english very well.
i don't think the extra weight will be a penalty.
guillaume

Quick Reply