Dec 18, 2014, 10:28 AM
If you used a DX6, DX9, or DX18G2 you could just put it on a switch and listen to it. Far better than either OSD or looking at a screen. I find OSD to be VERY distracting.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2014, 03:51 PM
Keep Looking Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemobile
does anyone know or has successfully put the Antenna telemetry info onto any OSD when flying FPV? If so, how are you doing it?

It would be great to see the antenna / frame losses on the OSD instead of glancing down at the radio telemetry screen.

This might do that.. in my research I found out that it does read the signals.. not sure if that particular function can be programmed or not.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2306
Dec 19, 2014, 01:29 AM
Need less hobbies, more toys
I don't know how anyone can look at telemetry on the screen. Voice is better for me at least. I have almost lost sight of planes by glancing at the screen (especially gliders).
Dec 19, 2014, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
If you used a DX6, DX9, or DX18G2 you could just put it on a switch and listen to it. Far better than either OSD or looking at a screen. I find OSD to be VERY distracting.

Andy
Well, I'm on DX8 so don't have the voice option for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyBigas
I don't know how anyone can look at telemetry on the screen. Voice is better for me at least. I have almost lost sight of planes by glancing at the screen (especially gliders).
Yeah, voice would be good. Its not too difficult since I'm flying FPV and have GPS options available.

I think it would be great if both options would be available - voice and OSD.
Dec 19, 2014, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX_
This might do that.. in my research I found out that it does read the signals.. not sure if that particular function can be programmed or not.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2306
Thanks! I've considered the Vector. It would help but it would also mean switching out of the Naza if I'm not wrong. Right now I'm looking for the best combination using DX8 + AR8000 + TM1000 + Naza.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:37 AM
Keep Looking Up
Oh ok.. Well if you find something, update us all here. That Vector does look pretty sweet though. Hopefully this summer I'll be able to get it.
Jan 28, 2015, 01:38 AM
ancora imparo

Vario and STi

Anyone know if the Vario sensor actually ever worked with the STi module?

My STi is still working fine with v3 software as I kept my old iPhone just for the purpose () but I don't see anywhere an option for a vario display - just altimeter.

The web page for the vario sensor says, "Fully compatible with the Spektrum™ DX6 (SPM6700), DX9, DX18 G2, DX18QQ, DX10T and DX18T; DX8 only compatible with altimeter functionality". This does not include the STi but is presumably only listing current products.

However the compatibility chart shows the STi with a tick.

Any actual factual evidence of a vario sensor working with an STi would be welcome.

Thanks

John

Thanks

John
Jan 28, 2015, 02:16 AM
Prefers radials

Spektrum EVOA107 ignition sensor

Curious what the plan is for enabling gas engine RPM telemetry now that the EVOA107 has been discontinued? Priced dropped over Holidays, now discontinued - yikes!

It's part of my standard setup and really valuable for setting up throttle curves, prop testing, tuning, etc.
Jan 28, 2015, 12:53 PM
I need to find one of these for my DLE35.
Jan 28, 2015, 01:33 PM
Prefers radials
yeah, I have one on DLE35RA, VVRC40 and Saito FG-33R3. They all work great! Guess i should've ordered when I saw the price drop!

Cheers
Mar 01, 2015, 12:19 PM
Eat-Sleep-Work-Fly-Repeat
Any word on a spektrum sensor to read battery mahused?
Mar 01, 2015, 12:42 PM
Prefers radials
any word on the dual energy sensor for PowerSafe receivers?
Mar 01, 2015, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp
any word on the dual energy sensor for PowerSafe receivers?
I suggest contacting our Facebook page for that.

Andy
Mar 01, 2015, 04:01 PM
Prefers radials
done - thanks

Quick Reply