to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2012, 05:30 PM
He he!

Merry Christmas guys!
Dec 26, 2012, 05:11 PM
Suspended Account
Ok, now, Xmas is over..who broke what??
Dec 26, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hope to get out tomorrow. Been working everyday bar xmas. Have one day off tomorrow so hopefully the rain holds off as it's been lashing down! Going to hit up the little river again, gonna try without the string I think lol.
Dec 26, 2012, 09:10 PM
I was going to hit up the little stream across the road today, but mother nature decided it was finally time for winter (-5 and snowing) so I stayed away from the water.

I wanted to test out my new Hero3 Black on the tear into to see if it handles better with the lighter camera. I mounted it on my 22T instead to play, definitely better footage than the Hero2, especially in low light.
Dec 26, 2012, 11:19 PM
Suspended Account
Post the vids guys..us ice bound people have to live thru you guys that have water..
Dec 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
Here's the truck with the GoPro on it:

Losi 22T - Testing Hero 3 Black (1 min 14 sec)

The new camera is MUCH better in low light, and the higher framerates are amazing. 720p120 is awesome, such clear slow motion. The above video was shot in 1080p30 since I wasn't planning on slowing anything down.
Dec 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
Suspended Account
Thats the ONLY action cam to have..

Dec 27, 2012, 12:20 PM
Nice little video wparsons, I had the hero, upgraded to the hero2 and am tempted to now go again to the hero3. I just don't use mine as much as I would like to though. It definitely has some nice features though, the 720p @ 120fps would be one of the only reasons I would want to upgrade. 4k is useless for me. Other than that I'm very happy with the Hero2.

Just working at uploading my little outing today. I did a bit of damage to the ol girl Might as well have been driving blind lol. It's not too bad really, you'll see in the vid.
Dec 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
Suspended Account
Dec 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernan85
Nice little video wparsons, I had the hero, upgraded to the hero2 and am tempted to now go again to the hero3. I just don't use mine as much as I would like to though. It definitely has some nice features though, the 720p @ 120fps would be one of the only reasons I would want to upgrade. 4k is useless for me. Other than that I'm very happy with the Hero2.

Just working at uploading my little outing today. I did a bit of damage to the ol girl Might as well have been driving blind lol. It's not too bad really, you'll see in the vid.

I scratched the lens on my Hero 2 when the stabilized gimbal broke on my quadcopter, picked up the Hero 3 black for a discount from gopro directly.

The built in wifi is great, and the included remote is a nice touch but not reason to upgrade from the Hero 2. It would be cheaper to get the wifi backpack and remote kit.

The Hero3 black is also MUCH better in low light situations, the lens has a bit less distortion and the housing has a way better lens for shooting under water. I'm happy with it, but wouldn't have upgraded if I hadn't damaged the other one.
Dec 27, 2012, 03:32 PM

Silly things with propellers and pumps

Silly things with propellers
Henry's Yellow Boat Hull 2 Maiden and YB1 with a pusher aero prop extra 365 Grams thrust (4 min 17 sec)

Prototype and general knockabout boat Yellow Boat (hull 1) with a pusher aero prop aero hybrid drive system 365 Grams thrust 9.6 Amps, running on a separate 2C, pusher motor RPM/V: 2150kv Max Watts: 180w Max Amps: 20A

It still planes with the pusher prop only, no stern gear drag with the jet unit

First Yellow Boat failures ESC's died in both boats very high ambient today over 31°C , at the lake, burned out FET's after all the surfing at Sumner I'm surprised after all the reliable running, still we live and learn air cooled in a closed space like the hull was a bit too good to be true.

Fitted 50 Amp water cooled ESC, which is a marinized aero ESC to Henry's boat, as the HK 50A boat ESC's don't seem that great, lots of motor noise and heating, regardless of settings it seems.

It has another tiny pump this time made from a plaster board fitting, that Archimedes fellow may have been onto somthing ?

Yellow Boat 3 has water cooling on ESC and motor, here is the shake down run video.
Yellow Boat 3 Maiden 24" Hull, 47.5 Amps on a 3C 532 Watts Impeller 30 X 30 two blade (1 min 12 sec)

Ran well decent speed but not stunning as expected. Better part throttle performance. The 30mm jet seems to prime better and naturally runs a lower RPM. to that end I am going to try a lower pitch impeller and higher 2900 kv motor. Will be interesting to see how she surfs.

Ppwer test results
Dynamic loses 29.5 Watts 2.3 Amps
Peak power 532 Watts 47.5 Amps on a 3C
Impeller 30 X 30 two blade
Dec 27, 2012, 07:33 PM
Ok, here's the video. A good bit delayed but it's long so that makes up for it.

Right?

Enjoy none the less and don't be too hard on my lack of driving skills lol.

NQD Jet Boat River Run 2 (8 min 47 sec)
Dec 27, 2012, 09:05 PM
Suspended Account
LOL.. GREAT VID, T !! I cant even buy a spot like that..

I appreciate you posting it, cause it shows how great it is to be grown, and still play with toys..

I feel bad about the nose, stop by any car dealership, or body shop, and pick up 2 ft. of door edge guard, its a hard rubber, 3M glue on it, will stop that foolishness..they will probably give it to you..it has a groove full of waterproof self setting glue, and you just slide it on the hatbox edge.
Last edited by chidago; Dec 27, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Dec 27, 2012, 09:15 PM
Suspended Account
Nick, you try just about anything and everything..lol

Thats why its called a hobby..all your fooling around makes me want to build a 2 stage pump..

But, my laziness will keep me from writing a 5 hr program, and standing at a CNC for 3 hrs, I'm thinkin..

As a afterthought, my losi headers oughtta be showin up soon, I will be glad for that, and if I could replace the hokey roll bar on this with Steves, I would be quite happy..
Last edited by chidago; Dec 27, 2012 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply