Feb 08, 2014, 06:10 PM
Suspended Account
Well, while we're waiting for Tre to... reveal all Here's a before and after pic of the beastie, I laid it out a bit neater this time round

You'll notice the GPS is missing in the second pic, It powers up but won't get a position lock so that makes it a $40 lesson in stupidity

I took it for a bit hover in the courtyard out front yesterday, it's a pretty tiny area especially without GPS in gusty conditions but I definitely noticed a difference in the ESCs. A guy on a multi-rotor thread here was asked by a newbie what the benefit of flashing ESCs with the SimonK firmware was. The answer was that it would feel 'more locked in' and that pretty much sums it up. The responsiveness is awesome, another good way to put it would be to say that the handling now feels really crisp.

I can see why it's a must if you want to fly acrobatics, it's been years since I've spent much time on the sticks so that won't be any time too soon. I used to fly slope soarers a lot and I'm starting to get the urge... there's a really sweet spot for it only 5 minutes away too

I'm yet to start tuning the roll pitch and yaw gain but I'll definitely do that now I won't have a GPS for a couple of weeks. At the moment I'm only using about 1/8 of stick on pitch and roll so it's hard to be smooth, and the freaking wind doesn't help any either. It's pretty calm this morning... but that's only because it's raining

The altitude hold is still good so the barometer sensor is still working fine. When the rain s off I'll head down to an open area and get some footage for y'all
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2014, 06:13 PM
Suspended Account
Looks MUCH more sanitary, bro..
Feb 08, 2014, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
lol... Chi, I love it 'halfabusa'... never heard that one before

Yeah, quads ain't pretty... ya may as well pin stripe a turd.

But this has potential, I've just ordered all the bits to put one together

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rame_KIT_.html

Y 3 (3 min 34 sec)
Feb 08, 2014, 06:48 PM
Suspended Account
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... now thats gettin more me..

Feb 08, 2014, 07:01 PM
Suspended Account
Yeah bro, I'd love to see you work your magic on that fuselage Me... I got no artistic ability whatsoever

I think I might splash it so peeps can paint it up from inside if they go clear. Also with a bit of modding it could be a Y6 for extra lift (more battery/longer run time), and so it won't fall outa da sky if one motor fails.
Feb 08, 2014, 07:05 PM
Sorry internet c@cked up, the mrs left the TX on the bench when I asked her to put it in her back. Need a new first mate me thinks, but no fire.
Feb 08, 2014, 07:07 PM
Suspended Account
Well, 50% is good..

Feb 08, 2014, 07:45 PM
Suspended Account
I want somthin that LOOKS like somethin...

Feb 08, 2014, 07:52 PM
Suspended Account
Yeah, the fall outta the sky bit sucks..
Feb 08, 2014, 07:53 PM
Suspended Account
That Y3 looks sweet to me... what about his bad boy... only problem is that ducted fans get much shorter run times

AirShip Endurance VTOL, RC model, project AirShip Technologies Group (ATG) (2 min 12 sec)
Feb 08, 2014, 09:14 PM
Suspended Account
yeah, that..
Feb 08, 2014, 10:22 PM
Suspended Account
This is long, but AMAZING..gives a view of what we REALLY have, and why..

Raffaello D'Andrea: The astounding athletic power of quadcopters (16 min 9 sec)
Feb 08, 2014, 11:58 PM
Suspended Account
Yep, that's pretty cool The camera system for tracking the quads and the software in the laptop that's controlling them is the really impressive part... and the expensive part. It'd be nice if GPS were that accurate, but I guess they do a pretty good job considering they're orbiting at 25,000 km
Feb 08, 2014, 11:59 PM
Suspended Account
Now... if you want to see something really cool

Thunderbirds Are GO :) (0 min 56 sec)
Feb 09, 2014, 04:04 AM
My Tear into turned up yesterday, think i lucked out a bit all the electrics were lose inside so just undone the 2 motor screws and it all fell out,only took a couple of mins.
I'm thinking of painting it, is car paint ok to use? doesn't eat the plastic or something?

if you want some lifting here's my brothers hexa lifting my 7.5kg tonka truggy,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...xk0bQtak#t=165

Quick Reply