Nov 04, 2013, 07:06 PM
Suspended Account
Lol..BUT, if a motor smoked that bad, and it was white smoke, would be head gasket, or, cracked head..

I'm tryin now to drop some of the volume on it, with zero luck..
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2013, 07:48 PM
Suspended Account
Chi, ya got a link to your smoke maker?
Nov 04, 2013, 10:06 PM
Suspended Account
Steve, its a build it here model..I posted the links I used a few pages ago for Mad to use..

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25024
Last edited by chidago; Nov 04, 2013 at 10:12 PM.
Nov 04, 2013, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatesdavid
Well just got back from a few days up the lake, it seems me and Tre have a lot in common, fn bad luck that is not at all happy.
Boat was going good ,always attracts attention,then this fn happens
Yates...you're not alone in the bad luck boat...the saga continues with my hull. Been talking to Steve about it and he mentioned he might try to pull a black 410 using the 2mm material he typically uses for the 540's. I wouldn't mind going to the 540 at this point, but I hate to lose the hatch I just put a bunch of time into with painting and such. Not to mention I don't have more than 6 runs on this boat...and this last run was the first time in the rocks and only lasted 5 minutes.

Here's where I was running it...

Here's the damage...
Nov 05, 2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatesdavid
Chi, Tre gets that same result from frying esc's
Thanks mate I feel the love, I burn mine because I can not because I need to make smoke..
Nov 05, 2013, 05:31 AM
Yatesy for short
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelos05
Thanks mate I feel the love, I burn mine because I can not because I need to make smoke..
I'd be un Australian if I didn't give a bit of st, hope you get it all sorted soon, stick to the fresh water much safer
Nov 05, 2013, 05:45 AM
Yatesy for short
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonjeep
Yates...you're not alone in the bad luck boat...the saga continues with my hull. Been talking to Steve about it and he mentioned he might try to pull a black 410 using the 2mm material he typically uses for the 540's. I wouldn't mind going to the 540 at this point, but I hate to lose the hatch I just put a bunch of time into with painting and such. Not to mention I don't have more than 6 runs on this boat...and this last run was the first time in the rocks and only lasted 5 minutes.

Here's the damage...
Hay Clem ya had some bad luck too, that sucks , apart from some minor test in my inlaws dam mine was only the second outing in rapids was all going well until I was coming into shore and it just spun out on me and reversed into a mud bank, I took off and noticed some thing was up and bought her in and fk massive hole in transome. I managed to get the deck and hull separated today and transom was worse than first thought , cracks all over and all fd behind the stator
Funds all dry at moment so under the bench it all goes
Nov 05, 2013, 09:14 AM
What'd you use to attach the deck to the hull? How'd you go about separating them?

Thinking I might be in that boat soon enough. I believe I'll be throwing another patch on this hull so I can keep her in the water until I sort out what I'll be doing with this one...
Nov 05, 2013, 05:43 PM
while i travel around Australia i have done another video.

Bluff Reserve, Buchan, VIC, Australia 29th of September 2013.

Bluff Reserve Buchan VIC NQD Jet Boat (1 min 37 sec)
Nov 05, 2013, 05:53 PM
Yatesy for short
Quote:
What'd you use to attach the deck to the hull? How'd you go about separating them?

Thinking I might be in that boat soon enough. I believe I'll be throwing another patch on this hull so I can keep her in the water until I sort out what I'll be doing with this one...
I used soudal fix all clear , all i did was run a knife around under where the deck over laps the hull just to weaken the seal then i could get my hand inside and pry it open, was amazed how easy it was. Now im thinking of making an aluminium hull and still using top deck cause have material lying around i can use.
Nov 05, 2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:

Here's the damage...
Nice spot clem! Sorry about the hole in your hull, damn thing looks like the side of the Costa Concordia, or the Titanic!
Nov 05, 2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago
Lol..BUT, if a motor smoked that bad, and it was white smoke, would be head gasket, or, cracked head..

I'm tryin now to drop some of the volume on it, with zero luck..
Yea, true, didn't think about the white smoke part! Fortunately I haven't seen that from any of my vehicles yet.

Is there any way to color it black for the model?
Nov 05, 2013, 07:53 PM
Suspended Account
Well, only comment I have, beside sympathy for ya all, is this, This 'sport' is called 'crawling' not 'ultra high speed rock slaloming'..

No matter what they are made outta, ya hit rocks head on at 25mph its gonna break something..be glad they aint carbon fiber..they just shatter, like glass.
Nov 05, 2013, 07:55 PM
Suspended Account
Fire, Mad's workin on that now..would be nice, but, with the volume its doing, you'll see it anyway..I pulled out the tubes, went double the size, went to a bigger outlet on the smoker, and going up to 3/4 in. tube instead of 1/2 in..that should tame it down enough, I'm hopin.
Nov 05, 2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach
A bit thicker but it's not ABS like the Tear Into, it's HIPS which has a much nicer finish and is stiffer so consequently a bit more brittle but. Also the Turbo Sprint is heavier than a Tear Into so it's not going to bounce as well. The transom is thinner than elsewhere on the hulls of both the 410 and the Tear Into, that's just the nature of vacuum forming.
Any chance you could make an ABS hull option for the rock crawlers? Is ABS significantly more expensive and/or harder to mold than the HIPS?

Quick Reply