Mar 02, 2013, 03:32 PM
Suspended Account
Pretty much..
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2013, 04:20 PM

I finally broke down and bought two boats.

I finally broke down after reading almost ever post on here..... I have a buddy that does vinyl wraps for RC cars. He is going to make me a wrap for my NQD Tear into to match my racing RC buggys and SCT. Once he has the template I will post some pics of what mine looks like. www.nxgraphics.ca is his website. I will keep you posted on when he will have the template available to the public.
Mar 02, 2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickjoe
I finally broke down after reading almost ever post on here..... I have a buddy that does vinyl wraps for RC cars. He is going to make me a wrap for my NQD Tear into to match my racing RC buggys and SCT. Once he has the template I will post some pics of what mine looks like. www.nxgraphics.ca is his website. I will keep you posted on when he will have the template available to the public.
Lots of complex compound angles. This should be fun!

John in Merrill
Mar 02, 2013, 05:00 PM
Looking forward to the wraps, could be quite handy for those of us with zero ability to design or airbrush Although I'm probably too cheap to buy one
Mar 02, 2013, 07:48 PM
Suspended Account
Welcome, Joe..great idea, and he aint too cheap, thats just pre-buy snivelin..

A good rap would be as cheap as painting, and give professional results for the unwashed masses..

Mar 02, 2013, 08:11 PM
Kicking koalas since 1972
HEY!!! What do you mean 'unwashed'.......I had a shower last week!!!
Mar 02, 2013, 08:13 PM
....or was it the week before...?
Mar 02, 2013, 09:12 PM
Hey Chi Daddy
I found the folks who will ride in my low rider/ghetto cruiser NQD jetboat.

I will not show them to you yet because I can not have you breaking down my doors to meet them. We will skip the normal motor on this one. I think I'll do a 4 seater deal on a flat plate. I have 3 chicks and their pimp/ ummmmmm bosssss, that will ride in seats like my wrap-around TBird seats. I'd like some kind of intake on the deck behind the girls and exhaust coming out of the sides near the back, but kind of like the fake Buick intake holes of the 50's and early 60's.

I'm still deciding if I need some back fins and how much Chrome to use with all of the White/Gold/Black scheme we got going so far. I really don't think the Sprint Boat/Roll bars are necessary on this one.

Working lights, hmmmmmmmmmmm............
Big red Chrome rimmed Tail lights, (led), are almost a given, ( I have a red 66 TBird convertible in my garage right now, with sequential tail lights). Headlights are not a surety, but I need to carve a great Red/Green Nose/navigation light. I think one of the leftover chrome exhaust tubes could be sacrificed as a white tail nav light boom for a little white frosted led.

John in Merrill

PS if any of you have an idea for some very white NQD scale white pimpy pinstripe decals, please let me know.
Last edited by jgestner; Mar 03, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
Mar 02, 2013, 09:28 PM
Suspended Account
I'm good with all of it..go slow, lets make sure it happens good..cg boat looks well, make this loko good too..gotta image to preserve..
Mar 02, 2013, 09:29 PM
Suspended Account
Mart, as long as in was in feb...
Mar 02, 2013, 09:46 PM
....I'm sure it was.
Mar 02, 2013, 09:49 PM
Suspended Account
ur good, bro..
Mar 03, 2013, 04:41 AM
Chi, have you run Steves hull yet? If you have, any differences in handling between it and the NQD?
Im going to be using Steves supplied 50A speedy, 4800kv outrunner and 3s.....should be quick enough for my first RC boat.....
Mar 03, 2013, 09:11 AM
Suspended Account
Mart, I have ran em both..same same, benefit of steves boat is better hatch, easier install..no holes in the bottom like the nqd..PLUS, we support one of our own..
Mar 03, 2013, 11:19 AM
Hey Mard
Here's the kind of picture Chi Daddy likes.

John in Merrill

JK

PS I have the blue Hobby King Water-jacketed 2040SL 4800KV and it absolutely screams on 2S, on 3S I would think it would melt the impellor and drive in just minutes, (mind you, I haven't had mine in the water yet.)
Last edited by jgestner; Mar 03, 2013 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply