Micro Magic project delayed - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Boomer1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 11, 2011, 10:37 AM
Boomer1
Discussion

Micro Magic project delayed

Update on the Micro Magic project.

The boats arrived safely, good news there. Upon inspecting the contents, I discovered that the gentleman I purchased them from had started the assembly process of Carbon Fiber boat and unfortunately, not correctly, to the point where it is not practical to repair the damages.

I contacted the seller and he has graciously offered to refund back the value of a replacement hull and deck. This is fair and much appreciated. He was not aware of the full extend of assembly issues.

I was able to locate replacement parts which will permit me to move forward on the the Carbon Fiber version, which is my favorite.

I am excited to get the build started on this boat, but have to wait for the new hull, deck and keel box. These are nice boats, and once completed should make a nice addition to my sailing fleet. These little guys are easy to transport and can handle a wide range of conditions, so from everything I have hear and read, it should be fun to sail and race.

I guess all good things take time. I have decided to sell the other boat, which is the standard racing version 2014 - it is the same exact boat, without the carbon fiber finish. That will be listed in the Classified section sortly. I will update the blog once I receive the new parts.

Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Mar 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts