Mar 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
End of an Era.....
Thread OP
Discussion

Vapers at Seff '11

Last year during SEFF I learned of the electronic cigarette. HomeDaddy, Diggs, and a couple of the ritewing crew had them. Diggs let me try his and I knew at that instant, this is how I would quit smoking for good. About a week after SEFF I ordered my first one. I am proud to say that here we are, almost a full year later and I have not touched a single cigarette!!! I feel like a new man, although a few pounds heavier....!!!!

I was just wondering how many fellow pilots have made the switch from analogs and how many will be at SEFF "vaping it up"???

I'm sure there will be folks interested in e-cigs and I will be more than happy to talk with anybody interested in "quitting".

I will also have an e-cig that I do not use anymore for sale if anyone wants to get started while at SEFF!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2011, 05:42 PM
J. Titors gr8 grandson...
3 1/2 months... E-Go stainless, favorite new flavor; banana nut bread...ummmmm smoking naners....
Mar 10, 2011, 05:47 PM
End of an Era.....
Thread OP
aint heard of that flavor! I love nanner nut bread!!
Mar 20, 2011, 05:12 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
I will be back with the E-cig setup this year. Currently puffing on Vapor Talk Tobacco mixed with some PinkSpot or BlueSpot Got a few extra packs in for my Ego, and I am happy with it. Very portable and lots of vape. I went about 10 months, but fell off the wagon back in August, but I am back on the digi's again and hoping to stay away from the analogs for good this time. Back on it for about 2 weeks now again and loving it. Also, if I wouldn't have gotten sick last fall, I think I would have made it through, but it was very odd when I got ill I couldn't vape, it would make me cough. The analogs wouldn't? Oddness, but glad to be back on the Ecig.

Diggs
Mar 21, 2011, 01:45 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
HomeDaddy has been talking to me about these and I have been watching him smoke these for the last several years no; I think I am about ready to make the jump. I just keep putting it off...

I am glad to hear it has been successful for others as well and look forward to giving it a try.

I have already tried nearly everything else but nothing stuck:
nicotine gum
nicotine straw inhalers
nicotine nasal spray
nicotine patchs
Mar 21, 2011, 02:07 PM
End of an Era.....
Thread OP
That's the way I was...none of that stuck.....HD and Diggs got me excited about it and here I am, right at a year later and have not touched a single analog! Don't even like the smell of them anymore! IT WORKS!! Let me caution you though. There is a small learning curve until you figure it all out....flavor, nic content, 3.7v or a higher voltage, etc. Stick with it until you find what you like. After all I've tried (and that was a lot) I have settled with a Flue Cured Tobacco and a RY4 (tobacco/caramel) flavor using a 5v TEKK mod built by a friend I met on Vaportalk.com. MOST of the other flavors I tried were good but I got tired of them after a while. Most people find their "ALL DAY" vape, which is their favorite or go to flavor, that they ALWAYS keep on hand. And then play around with other juices, buying small bottles to try out, or to have something different for a change.
It is all about what tastes you like, and what nicotine level you want. I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 25+ YRS AND STARTED AT 24 MG/ML NICOTINE Now I am down to 6mg/ml and even do some with no nic.

So jump on in! It's SO worth it!!! If nothing else than to see how much better you feel after 3 weeks or so, analog free!
Mar 22, 2011, 08:42 AM
Broke the habit in '97, back when they were about a buck a pack. Used a method I read about in Readers Digest while in the waiting room of a clinic waiting for my annual physical. RD article mentioned that the desire for a smoke lasts less than a minute and if you can switch your mind to another subject you can delay the urge. Took a little time but it worked.

I like to tell my smok'n friends that if I knew it was so easy to give up smokeing I would have done it years ago.........me bad.

As for the weight gain, easy. Get a puppy that needs a 15-20 minute walk 5-10 times a day. Lost 27 pounds on the "4 legged diet".

RonJ & The Cheese Lady
Mar 22, 2011, 08:51 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
The last time I tried to quit was probably about a year ago; I am thinking that while the idea has reentered my thoughts, I better act on it.

Could you post some links to the vendor, brand and model that you prefer most?
Mar 22, 2011, 10:13 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
The last time I tried to quit was probably about a year ago; I am thinking that while the idea has reentered my thoughts, I better act on it.

Could you post some links to the vendor, brand and model that you prefer most?
Have always had great luck with Arno at AwesomeVapor
http://www.awesomevapor.com/

And I am loving the Ego. Now that the stock atomizers are broken in, they are really working well. Very very happy with it.

Also Vaprlife is a great place for modded devices. This is where I picked up my USB passthrough. I haven't tried it with the Ego, but It still works very well with the old 901 style E-cig. I have also used it with the 801, and once I get the proper adapter will try it on the Ego Atomizers as well. Great if you spend lots of time near a USB port and can vape there.

http://www.vaprlife.com/

Forum and Store link. These guys are great.
http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/

If you want great reviews, go to YouTube and search for GrimmGreen. I find him to be one of the best e-cig references online.

And if you want to go the china route
http://www.heaven-gifts.com/

Knowing what I know right now. I would just buy a couple of Ego kits. That gives you 4 atomizers, 4 batts and 2 chargers and then get some liquid. That SHOULD get you started and keep you in batteries and atomizers for a good while. I would not get the Ego-T from what I have read, it has some issues and the original Ego is better, and I will say again, I love the ego kit I bought.

http://www.awesomevapor.com/Awesome-...ech_p_178.html

Diggs
Mar 22, 2011, 02:02 PM
End of an Era.....
Thread OP
The eGo is one of the most used and accepted devices out there. As Diggs said www.vaportalk.com is a plethora of information and the people there are awesome! I also have a few vids there for the newbies. I am "Tha Hodgehound" there as well.
Another China route (cheaper even with shipping) if you want to order a lot of juice, attys, cartos at the same time is www.healthcabin.net
Mar 22, 2011, 02:32 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thanks guys, I am going to place an order tonight.
Mar 23, 2011, 11:21 PM
As someone who spends their days seeing the ill effects of smoking and as a recovered nicotine addict myself (10 years clean after using the patch to wean) I applaud you guys for working toward kicking the habit.

Probably the single most important thing you can do to improve your longetivity with a good quality of life.
Mar 24, 2011, 09:05 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Hodgehound, ever since you posted this topic (...and thank you for doing so), I have bouncing the idea around in my head as it has probably been over a year since the last time I tried to quit.

I actually just got a perscription for Chantix... I need to set a start date, but hopefully this will be the ticket. I also will still get a vaper to help out.
Mar 24, 2011, 12:25 PM
Ugly planes do not fly
There is an old joke how Dr. Watson made Mr. Sherlock Holmes quit smoking.

When famous detective was in a thinking process he always had his smoking pipe in his mouth. One day Dr. Watson decided to help him quit smoking. For many weeks, every evening after the dinner doctor was sneaking into the detective's office to put tip of the smoking pipe in his butt. When Mr. Holmes took the pipe in his hand and moved it close to the face he felt awful smell and then put the pipe back on the desk. This is how famous detective Sherlock Holmes stopped using his pipe. Unfortunately Dr. Watson could not live without the pipe anymore.
Mar 24, 2011, 02:12 PM
End of an Era.....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
Hodgehound, ever since you posted this topic (...and thank you for doing so), I have bouncing the idea around in my head as it has probably been over a year since the last time I tried to quit.

I actually just got a perscription for Chantix... I need to set a start date, but hopefully this will be the ticket. I also will still get a vaper to help out.

Your welcome!
No need for Chantix with this! I tried it....did not work and made me all weird feelin!

The e-cig worked from the first drag!

Quick Reply