Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by Carnifax
Nice 400 jypt! Any chance to grab a little video? Nice build.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by jypt01
Upward Bound!
Thanks Carnifax
I will post video when I have someone around to shoot it for me
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by Chophop
Hair Trimmer Victim "O"
I suppose the bird attacking was a Falcon. There are lots of them around and I often see them now, and hear them screeching. Been getting bird pecks on other planes too. When they attack in huge numbers, like by the hundreds, climb straight up until a good bit over them, they always scatter instantly.
I still fly mine, I think so much of it I put HS-65HB's in it.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by Carnifax
I had mine out yesterday and the wing seperated from the fuse mid-flight. The fuse bore straight down into terra firma and exploded on impact. I can repair just about anything but there were so many pieces this one is a write off Im afraid.

The wing did sustain a little damage but can certainly be repaired. So now I contemplate building a new fuse, getting a new kit or explore other options.

The lesson to be learned is to be sure your wing connection is tight and secure.

Dan
Old Jul 20, 2014, 01:34 PM
Hair Trimmer Victim "O"
Sounds bad, I don't like those crash reports. Maybe the wing would go well on an E-Starter. Probably pep it up quite a bit.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by luistone
Hi I'm planning in building a stick 400 and I'm doing my shopping list, my question is about the wire for the landing gear, what is the diameter of the wire included in the kit? so I can buy the correct wheel collars.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:55 PM
Hair Trimmer Victim "O"
I have 5/64 inch or 2mm, close enough to the same. You can get them at Radical for as good a price as anywhere, maybe better since you got the 400 there.