Mar 09, 2011, 04:50 PM
Thread OP
Question

Radian Pro vs Easy Glider Pro?

I can't find any other threads on this topic.

I'm looking to get either a Radian Pro or Easy Glider Pro (or something similar). I have plenty of fixed wing experience so I'm not looking at this for a beginner.

How do the two compare?

How do they perform, climbing, gliding, mild aerobatics with or without power?

Why would you buy one over the other?

Would you recommend a similar type of sailplane from another manufacturer?

Edit: I did find one other thread. Not much info there. Radian is spelled wrong in the title so it didn't come up in my search. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1346711
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2011, 05:08 PM
-----
I've had and flown both.

IMHO, the RP is less stable than the EGP (I like that characteristic),and has the big advantage of having flaps for some airfoil changes as well as crow braking.

Glide angle and thermal performance are very similar.

The EGP is not that good with aerobatics, the big dihedral fights against that.

Climbing under power is adequate with the stock RP, I haven't flown a EGP with the MPX powerset to compare. I used other brands, and went for weight saving over power, as I want power as a "launch to soaring height" only.

The EGP is more expensive than the RP, when you add in the cost of the power system you need to buy for the EGP. I don't think the difference in price is justified.

There are some clones of these type of gliders available from HobbyKing. Robbe and Graupner have some similar models in their line-ups too.

Quick Reply