Jul 27, 2016, 01:13 PM
R u planning on using thicker wires for 7 mm tail motor? I used thin stock wires, and that may not enough current output to support 8 mm causes tail to not holding …. In theory 8 mm should hold better than 7 mm….. I don’t know.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2016, 01:25 PM
Certifiable
I don't think it was the wires that caused the tail not to hold well with the 8mm motor. I suspect it was the weight.
Jul 27, 2016, 07:35 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005h4
R u planning on using thicker wires for 7 mm tail motor? I used thin stock wires, and that may not enough current output to support 8 mm causes tail to not holding …. In theory 8 mm should hold better than 7 mm….. I don’t know.
I've found in doing a couple dual brushless upgrades the tail is sensitive to the Kv of the motor. The amount of power you can get out of the tail depends on the rpm you can achieve with a particular rotor. It's not going to be simply a matter of motor size.

A bigger motor can put out a higher rpm, but it has to have a higher Kv to achieve that rpm. Brushed motors have a Kv specification just like brushless motors. They won't spin faster than voltage times Kv regardless of how big they are. If higher rpm is not possible, a bigger rotor is required to get more thrust at a lower rpm. On mine the tail would not hold with a 4000 kV brushless outrunner. I rewound the motor to 6000 Kv and the tail holds solid now. I have a number two blade spares, but I'll use the three blade ones when those run out.

The length of the tail boom and size of the rotor is important. I'm using a 47mm two blade rotor which was the biggest for a 1mm shaft I could find at the time. I'm also using a stretch boom. I've noticed lately the 3 blade rotors are replacing the two blade ones in vendor stock. There's a 45mm three blade rotor sold widely now and that should put out more thrust at a given rpm than the 2 blade 47mm rotor.
Last edited by CraigHB; Jul 27, 2016 at 08:42 PM.
Jul 27, 2016, 10:33 PM
Do you have an example of the 3 bladed rotor? I'd be interested in running that on a stocker with an extended boom just for the heck of it.
Jul 28, 2016, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB
I've found in doing a couple dual brushless upgrades the tail is sensitive to the Kv of the motor. The amount of power you can get out of the tail depends on the rpm you can achieve with a particular rotor. It's not going to be simply a matter of motor size.

A bigger motor can put out a higher rpm, but it has to have a higher Kv to achieve that rpm. Brushed motors have a Kv specification just like brushless motors. They won't spin faster than voltage times Kv regardless of how big they are. If higher rpm is not possible, a bigger rotor is required to get more thrust at a lower rpm. On mine the tail would not hold with a 4000 kV brushless outrunner. I rewound the motor to 6000 Kv and the tail holds solid now. I have a number two blade spares, but I'll use the three blade ones when those run out.

The length of the tail boom and size of the rotor is important. I'm using a 47mm two blade rotor which was the biggest for a 1mm shaft I could find at the time. I'm also using a stretch boom. I've noticed lately the 3 blade rotors are replacing the two blade ones in vendor stock. There's a 45mm three blade rotor sold widely now and that should put out more thrust at a given rpm than the 2 blade 47mm rotor.
thx craig... well noted.
Jul 28, 2016, 02:39 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
Do you have an example of the 3 bladed rotor? I'd be interested in running that on a stocker with an extended boom just for the heck of it.
Sure no problem, the usual suspects;

https://www.lynxheli.com/product_inf...f85ebbfcb5b907

http://us.microheli.com/heli-upgrade...=ASC&limit=100

http://www.nexrc.com/helis/heli-upgr...=ASC&limit=100

You can find them in various colors. eBay is a good place to find other sellers of these Lynx and Microheli three blade tail rotors with inexpensive shipping. I'm using a 1 mm shaft on a BL outrunner. I know the mCPX BL has a 1mm tail rotor shaft, but I don't know about the V2 so you'd need to check that. There may be a 0.8mm shaft version of these rotors, but they'd probably be smaller, like 40mm instead of 45mm.
Jul 29, 2016, 10:39 PM
Thanks. Book marked those links.
Jul 31, 2016, 08:17 AM
Shame sent a new Mcp-x V2 to friend in Mexico. He never got it as post office is corrupt to the hilt. I repacked it into smaller box with Jet ranger body kit and other items. Very sad dishonest postal system have thieves running the show.
Jul 31, 2016, 03:50 PM
I was warned by my local USPS clerks ten years ago never to ship to Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04
Shame sent a new Mcp-x V2 to friend in Mexico. He never got it as post office is corrupt to the hilt. I repacked it into smaller box with Jet ranger body kit and other items. Very sad dishonest postal system have thieves running the show.
Jul 31, 2016, 03:58 PM
Closed Account
I don't know, seems the USPS is starting to have trouble now. I've been having issues with their reliability lately. Never had that problem before.
Mar 16, 2019, 12:11 PM
What goes up must come down
Does anyone remember KZ Alaska they sold the O-ring kits I guess they no longer in business
so does anyone know the different size O-rings needed for this Heli
KZ Alaska sold rubber for skids and red silicone for rotor head applications
Mar 16, 2019, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pusher
Does anyone remember KZ Alaska they sold the O-ring kits I guess they no longer in business
so does anyone know the different size O-rings needed for this Heli
KZ Alaska sold rubber for skids and red silicone for rotor head applications
Cybertronics on eBay sells red silicone O-ring kits. He specializes in the MCP X heli.
Apr 03, 2019, 04:17 PM
Another good source of o rings is http://www.oringsandmore.com/
Apr 04, 2019, 09:42 AM
What goes up must come down
I found a few sources and now have some for both Mcpx and Nanos
Thank you for your reply's

Quick Reply