Thread Tools
Jun 28, 2012, 09:19 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
Oops, I always thought it was the ESC. sorry for the bad advice then.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2012, 09:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy
When it comes to this mcpX I am a real newbie. I'm a little confused with the boom. I have just checked the Blade site and seen no extended tail boom other then the stock one I already have (BLH3602).

Is it possible to source a CF hollow tube to make my own? What size dia would I need to look for and how long should this new boom be?

Thanks for your help and sorry for bringing up an old topic for some.
It is the BLH3602L. I have one on each of my two mCPX's. I like the looks of the Blade extended boom better than the one I made. The Blade boom is the same price as the standard boom that comes on the mCPX.
Jun 28, 2012, 09:33 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Thats wicked! Thanks for the code. Did a search on the Blade site and found it.

•Approximately 144mm long from the motor housing to the end of the boom
•Solid Carbon Rod (wire held to the rod with heat shrink)


Sounds like I can buy my full length of CF rod and do it myself. Was hoping Blade would have placed the wire inside the boom. I guess they have recognized and issue with tube booms
Jun 28, 2012, 09:36 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy
thats wicked! Thanks for the code. Did a search on the Blade site and found it.
Great! Happy to help.
Jun 28, 2012, 09:56 PM
Sir
Varekai's Avatar
I just went to my LHS and bought 4 feet of solid CF 2mm rod for $5. Now I have enought to make 8 booms should they keep breaking. I hell of alot better deal IMO then buying one single pre-cut boom for the same price or more.
Jun 28, 2012, 10:02 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varekai
I just went to my LHS and bought 4 feet of solid CF 2mm rod for $5. Now I have enought to make 8 booms should they keep breaking. I hell of alot better deal IMO then buying one single pre-cut boom for the same price or more.
So true. I'll be doing this now since the Blade one has the wire on the outside.

Come to think of it the heat shrink might be an extra benifit to the lasting of the boom
Jun 28, 2012, 10:46 PM
Sir
Varekai's Avatar
Yeah I didn't think about the heat shrink thing so I may make another trip there tomorrow. All I need now is one of Seltino's canopies then my MCPx is done for a good while. Only thing left would be to go brushless but I don't have the money for that, and the way I have the swash set up plus the nanotech batteries it has plenty of lift. When I'm ready for 3D then I'll do brushless.
Jun 29, 2012, 01:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varekai
I just went to my LHS and bought 4 feet of solid CF 2mm rod for $5. Now I have enought to make 8 booms should they keep breaking. I hell of alot better deal IMO then buying one single pre-cut boom for the same price or more.
I have found the motors burn out before I break the boom.
Jun 29, 2012, 10:34 AM
Sir
Varekai's Avatar
I go through booms like candy, don't know why. I've only broken two landing gear, but booms, I think I've gone through 6-7. Nothing else has ever broke. Not even blades.
Jun 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
Registered User
I have broke four of the OEM booms but, not the extended boom. Extended solid boom, MH swashplate, solid cf main shaft are a must with mCPX.
Jun 29, 2012, 02:17 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
jlk69's Avatar

version 1 w/Oversky 10a & co5 motor problems


Well, after a lot of testing I was able to to determine that most likely the ESC is intermittently going bad (More like intermittently working). By switching the signal wire between tail motor plug and the main motor plug and reversing positions I found that tones could be heard a few times and a couple times the motor even would even spin. I saw this both on the main motor plug and the tail rotor plug. I even tried soldering a wire to ESC (signal wire) from the were the main motor plug is soldered to (front side of the PCB). I guess the BL motor could also be intermittent as well, but I would bet on the ESC because of the intermittent arming. BTW tail motor works fine when plugged into the main motor plug. I am using a Turnigy 9x running er9x firmware that has been modded with a module out of a donor DX4e. http://www.hacksmods.com/er9x-dsm2-mod/ I do have a DX4e on hand as well, but the same problems happened when I bound it to this Tx.
Jun 29, 2012, 05:03 PM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
It is extremly rare to break a solid 2mm CF boom. I have split the motor mount and in fact broken it in to twice and th boom has not broken.

I pay $9.36 for the Blade extended tail boom with a motor and blade prewired with connectors.

I made my first solid tail boom ( before they were available)but see no point or real savings in making any others.

It is similiar to purchasing solid 3MM CF to make one's own main shaft when I can purchase two premade for $7.

Charles
Jun 29, 2012, 07:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
It is extremly rare to break a solid 2mm CF boom. I have split the motor mount and in fact broken it in to twice and th boom has not broken.

I pay $9.36 for the Blade extended tail boom with a motor and blade prewired with connectors.

I made my first solid tail boom ( before they were available)but see no point or real savings in making any others.

It is similiar to purchasing solid 3MM CF to make one's own main shaft when I can purchase two premade for $7.

Charles
Where do you buy your booms? Does that price include any tax or shipping?
Jun 29, 2012, 08:24 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
What's the best way to lower the negative pitch a little on this one?

I'm not planning on inverted for a while as this is my first CP heli?

What's a good DX7 pitch or throttle curve setting that will still give some negative without me slamming it down into the ground in a pinch?

Thanks!
Jun 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60
What's the best way to lower the negative pitch a little on this one?

I'm not planning on inverted for a while as this is my first CP heli?

What's a good DX7 pitch or throttle curve setting that will still give some negative without me slamming it down into the ground in a pinch?

Thanks!
You can use the pitch setting in your transmitter or you can turn your servo links counter clockwise a few turns. Another thing you can do is learn to use throttle hold when you get in trouble.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15708 Jan 23, 2017 01:22 PM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 26, 2011 11:34 PM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 07:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 08:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 02:28 PM