Thread Tools
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:12 PM
Diesel6401 is offline
Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Question gentleman. I crashed her pretty hard today flying in the a little too much wind. She had a very viloent shake after that and I found the main gear slide down and had a crack. Replaced the main gear, she still has a little shake but not as bad and its intermittent.. any clue? She also has a tail wiggle that wasn't their prevously. She took a good beating today. Hovering I flying around I'm fine, I'm crashing so hard because I'm trying to open my flight envelope.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:15 PM
3d astronaut is offline
Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Question gentleman. I crashed her pretty hard today flying in the a little too much wind. She had a very viloent shake after that and I found the main gear slide down and had a crack. Replaced the main gear, she still has a little shake but not as bad and its intermittent.. any clue? She also has a tail wiggle that wasn't their prevously. She took a good beating today. Hovering I flying around I'm fine, I'm crashing so hard because I'm trying to open my flight envelope.
Could very well be a bent feathering shaft throwing off the 3n1 system. I go through these things like candy.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:18 PM
Diesel6401 is offline
Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Could very well be a bent feathering shaft throwing off the 3n1 system. I go through these things like candy.
Let me go check...


Ok I checked and all is well with those.
Last edited by Diesel6401; Apr 24, 2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Updated
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:20 PM
3d astronaut is offline
Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Let me go check...
best way to test is pop the blades off, get a Philips and a flat head and go into each side and spin one. If if rotates smoothly, your fine. If the blade grips go up and down, $4.99 at your lhs (sorry if you already know this, just trying to help)

edit// found this as it took me a bit my first time to figure out what it is.
MCPX - How to check if the feathering shaft is bent - Fast Method (1 min 34 sec)
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:23 PM
Diesel6401 is offline
Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
best way to test is pop the blades off, get a Philips and a flat head and go into each side and spin one. If if rotates smoothly, your fine. If the blade grips go up and down, $4.99 at your lhs (sorry if you already know this, just trying to help)

edit// found this as it took me a bit my first time to figure out what it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HueFfE3DtLQ
I must of looked at the wrong thing then let me try and see if I can follow your instructions. No i didn't know that already and thanks
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:34 PM
Diesel6401 is offline
Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
ok checked and rechecked per the video and i didn't feel any real difference.

It's so intermittent on takeoff, but very noticeable in change from pitch up to pitch down. I changed the pitch to 70 and it worked good inside, but outside I went to 85.
Last edited by Diesel6401; Apr 24, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:59 PM
sideburn is offline
Find More Posts by sideburn
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
ok checked and rechecked per the video and i didn't feel any real difference.

It's so intermittent on takeoff, but very noticeable in change from pitch up to pitch down. I changed the pitch to 70 and it worked good inside, but outside I went to 85.
Did you check if the main shaft is split/cracked? Also check for any play in the rotor head. Are the servos twitching before you throttle up?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
3d astronaut is offline
Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
ok checked and rechecked per the video and i didn't feel any real difference.

It's so intermittent on takeoff, but very noticeable in change from pitch up to pitch down. I changed the pitch to 70 and it worked good inside, but outside I went to 85.
Could possibly just need to be re-bound to the transmitter. Took me almost a week and around $20 to figure that out once.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:37 PM
Diesel6401 is offline
Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Did you check if the main shaft is split/cracked? Also check for any play in the rotor head. Are the servos twitching before you throttle up?
Didn't feel any play. Yea servo's chatter depending on how blades are sitting or how im holding it. Feels/sounds normal to all the other cyclic linear servos ive dealt with. All the umx planes use them, not sure if same part number but same concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Could possibly just need to be re-bound to the transmitter. Took me almost a week and around $20 to figure that out once.
Worth a try...


This is some of the best parts of the hobby, troubleshooting new problems and learning. Also can piss you off the quickest lol
Thanks for helping by the way. You heli guys are awesome!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:48 PM
3d astronaut is offline
Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Didn't feel any play. Yea servo's chatter depending on how blades are sitting or how im holding it. Feels/sounds normal to all the other cyclic linear servos ive dealt with. All the umx planes use them, not sure if same part number but same concept.



Worth a try...


This is some of the best parts of the hobby, troubleshooting new problems and learning. Also can piss you off the quickest lol
Thanks for helping by the way. You heli guys are awesome!
haha tha trouble shooting/repairs/building is the best part! That and the friendships
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:03 PM
sideburn is offline
Find More Posts by sideburn
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
Hey guys, is there not a thread dedicated to brushless for the mcpx on rcg? I can't find one.
I was wondering what some people are using for their throttle, pitch, and travel settings on the higher rpm motors. I don't want to bore the non brushless people with the details...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
sideburn is offline
Find More Posts by sideburn
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Didn't feel any play. Yea servo's chatter depending on how blades are sitting or how im holding it. Feels/sounds normal to all the other cyclic linear servos ive dealt with. All the umx planes use them, not sure if same part number but same concept.



Worth a try...


This is some of the best parts of the hobby, troubleshooting new problems and learning. Also can piss you off the quickest lol
Thanks for helping by the way. You heli guys are awesome!

Hmm so far for me in the last year of my mcpx experience, every shaking and tail problem I have had has been one of these:

1) dirty servos
2) swash needing rubber grommets
3) cracked main shaft
4) loose rotor head
5) bend feathering shaft
6) not properly seated main gear
7) blades too loose / too tight or out of balance (not really sure this was a cause)
8) unexplained mystery and finally just stopped twitching

If you plug in and let it bind and then set it on a table and let it sit there and the servos are spazzing out then they may need to be cleaned. If you hold it in your hand and spool up they should not be twitching.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:17 PM
stevebarrow is offline
Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Heli Mad
stevebarrow's Avatar
Hmm that is a lot like what I have seen as well.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:57 PM
Diesel6401 is offline
Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
The rubber gromets on the swash im not familiar with. Maybe I should replace the feathering shaft just as an elimination process. Would that introduce a tail wiggle?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:37 PM
rynldgalano is offline
Find More Posts by rynldgalano
REYNALDO
rynldgalano's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
The rubber gromets on the swash im not familiar with. Maybe I should replace the feathering shaft just as an elimination process. Would that introduce a tail wiggle?
tail wiggle eliminated to an extended tailboom,if the tail rotate clockwise as you start the bird it so sure the feathering shaft is bend.as you start to move your stick the tail motor must come first and the tail move rigth and left you dont have a problem on the feathering shaft and you feel the smooth lift.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15700 Oct 13, 2016 06:35 PM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 27, 2011 12:34 AM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 08:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 09:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 03:28 PM