Mar 23, 2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Ahhh, thanks for that How do you get them out without damaging them? Which ones need to be re-inserted the "correct" way?
Hi ihover
i use a small jewelers screwdriver , that is smaller than the spindle , reach in through one bearing and push the other bearing out of the grip , you may have to alternate one edge to the other to work the first bearing out , the second bearing is easier , as you can just push it straight out

only the bearing closest to the blade is taking thrust , so it has to go back in copper side out , i find it is easy to push it in , if you slide it onto the screw driver , let it slide up till it hits the handle and then use the handle to push it in , HTH , best regards
Last edited by mCP_X; Mar 23, 2011 at 05:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
Dont waste your time or money. Mario from Mia has been banned from RCG numerous times and is currently operating another sock puppet account now as we speak. He used to have some nice "corrections" back in the early Walkera days of the 4#3 before most of the issues were sorted out and most of his stuff these days are just "bling" that do nothing but weigh a micro down and make them fly worse. Nothing he sells improves the flight of any micro heli at all and you will be lucky to see anything you order within months after ordering it. He has been around for years and is terrible at getting you your items or answering e mails after he has your money. He is too busy creating conspiracy theories that Walkera, Picco and every other heli maker out there "stole" his ideas for the design of his heli and claims to be the "inventor" of just about every RC component out there. Its easy to recognize his sock puppet accounts becaise he cant help throw in a line or two in every post or image caption about "they are using my XXX but didnt give me credit"
His website is filled with all sorts of crazy lawyer crap of "dont steal my ideas", claims of copyrights on everything (which he doesnt have) and disclaimer nonsense so dont waste your time or money.
What,..huh....what do you mean??

Nevermind...i Just wanted to dup your post
Suspended Account
Okay, I see. I did mis-type the size as 1 x 4 x 1.12mm above. Guess W. Bob was on my azz about that. Should be 1.5 x 4 x 1.12mm. Whatever...I ordered the correct size.
Mar 23, 2011, 05:37 PM
New owner question:

When you turn it on, it is noisy...sounds whiny when it is sitting idle...is this normal?

Second, on normal mode, i have to go above 75% stick to get it to lift off....is this normal?

I'm using the stock DX4E Transmitter.
Last edited by GetterDragun; Mar 23, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
Mar 23, 2011, 05:43 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun
New owner question:

When you turn it on, it is noisy...sound whiny when it is sitting idle...is this normal?

Second, on normal mode, i have to go above 75% stick to get it to lift off....is this normal?

I'm using the stock DX4E Transmitter.
The noise is normal. Even at rest, the servos has the high pitched whine.

If you are using all of the stock settings then 3/4 stick hover is normal. If you are at 3/4 stick and it does not hover you might want to check your blade pitch at mid-stick to make sure you have zero degrees.
Mar 23, 2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X
Hi ihover
i use a small jewelers screwdriver , that is smaller than the spindle , reach in through one bearing and push the other bearing out of the grip , you may have to alternate on edge to the other to work the first bearing out , the second bearing is easier , as you can just push it straight out

only the bearing closest to the blade is taking thrust , so it has to go back in copper side out , i find it is easy to push it in , if you slide it onto the screw driver , let it slide up till it hits the handle and then use the handle to push it in , HTH , best regards
Great, thanks mcp_x. I'm not one for meddling normally but this bearing correction seems important if HH have recommended it. Got some spare grips today and they are the same - one copper in and one copper out. Hopefully HH will start assembling them as they now recommend...
Mar 23, 2011, 05:49 PM
Boost rules!
I was toying with using a pair of Boca's 1.5 x 4 x 1.2 mm ceramic hybrids for outers, since they're the same dimension as the 250 tail bearings that some are using - but I figured they'd be even more overkill than I typically go for:

http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...R681XC-15x4x12

Joel
Mar 23, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hi ihover
glad to help , i use just a touch of blue loc-tite on the spindle screw too , best regards
Mar 23, 2011, 05:52 PM
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihover
Great, thanks mcp_x. I'm not one for meddling normally but this bearing correction seems important if HH have recommended it. Got some spare grips today and they are the same - one copper in and one copper out. Hopefully HH will start assembling them as they now recommend...
Wait, sorry, I missed this. Did HH issue another addendum or saftey update concerning the bearings? (I know they have one about the screw tightness, but I had not seen another).
Mar 23, 2011, 05:52 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
I was toying with using a pair of Boca's 1.5 x 4 x 1.2 mm ceramic hybrids for outers, since they're the same dimension as the 250 tail bearings that some are using - but I figured they'd be even more overkill than I typically go for:

http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...R681XC-15x4x12

Joel
Wow. Twice the price! I'm pretty sure the regular Boca Bearings will be good enough for this purpose.
Mar 23, 2011, 05:53 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli
What,..huh....what do you mean??

Nevermind...i Just wanted to dup your post
Yeah I know Indoor.....i would just like to see this little micro gem make it though without a crap load of Mario spam like every other micro that was released in the past. He Thrives on noobs and new members thinking that his nonsense will actually help something fly or perform better.
Mar 23, 2011, 05:54 PM
Has anyone busted the canopy posts of their frame yet?
I have one post left so my canopy is barely hanging on..and thinking about a solution to hold the canopy on without having to replace the frame. kindof dreading that.. its not as quick of a replace job as the msr is.
starting to think i need a whole other heli for playing nice with and keep this one as my thrasher. its beaten to a pulp now.

Busted up frame, busted tail boom wrapped in thread and CA all over it.
busted skids, canopy busted all to hell (the green ones are thinner plastic by the way).
cracked blades..

still flys great! loving this thing. I'm so glad i waited 4 years and didnt practice 3d on my belt cp now
Mar 23, 2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Wait, sorry, I missed this. Did HH issue another addendum or saftey update concerning the bearings? (I know they have one about the screw tightness, but I had not seen another).
Hi bjaffee
it is copper towards the blade , as i understand it , cheers

Edit: i added the part about the inboard bearing not an issue , as it does not see a thrust load
Mar 23, 2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaffee
From Dribbe (HH) in another thread....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7968
Mar 23, 2011, 06:04 PM
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihover
From Dribbe (HH) in another thread....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7968
Cool, thanks. Too many threads to follow.

Quick Reply