Thread Tools
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:08 PM
Stugoose is offline
Find More Posts by Stugoose
Registered User
Stugoose's Avatar
it should track fine as it is a fixed lentgth head, spindle,? blades unever
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:57 PM
skyeblu is online now
Find More Posts by skyeblu
banging head on wall
skyeblu's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thews View Post
One of my blades is clearly tracking maybe 1/4" higher than the other. With nothing clearly adjustable attaching to the main blade holders, what is the best way to adjust the blade tracking on a mCP X v2?
Have you crashed? check your spindle it maybe bent that would mess up the tracking on the blades
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:09 PM
wlee1017 is offline
Find More Posts by wlee1017
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thews View Post
One of my blades is clearly tracking maybe 1/4" higher than the other. With nothing clearly adjustable attaching to the main blade holders, what is the best way to adjust the blade tracking on a mCP X v2?
check if the main shaft and feather shaft bent.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:11 PM
kokopelli is offline
Find More Posts by kokopelli
Suspended Account
Check the main shaft around the hole where the rotor hub screw goes. This is an area commonly prone to cracking and, if cracked, it can wreak havoc with the entire rotor system. You'll have to pull the head to really check, though...
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:24 PM
Dr.Ben is offline
Find More Posts by Dr.Ben
Registered User
Check just above the upper mast stopper/collar to cracks in the mainshaft too. Ask me how I know......

Ben Minor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:17 PM
enfurno is offline
Find More Posts by enfurno
Registered User
I am curious, are there any limitations to what radio one can use with the MCPX? This is my first RC vehicle of any sort, but I am wanting a radio that has more adjustment than the Spektrum that came in the BNF kit.

I'd prefer something other than a spektrum which is why I ask.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:41 PM
mikeflys is offline
Find More Posts by mikeflys
Registered User
Greetings
I thought I would say Hi, I am a new MCPX owner. Well, I just sent in my order today. I ordered a MCPX V2 BNF and a Dx6i radio. I am moving up from my MSR. I am sure I will be posting several question once my order arrives.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:43 PM
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline
Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Registered User
Well, it's gotta be a Spektrum radio. Can probably use some other TX with a spektrum radio if you want. That's what's built in to the mcpx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfurno View Post
I am curious, are there any limitations to what radio one can use with the MCPX? This is my first RC vehicle of any sort, but I am wanting a radio that has more adjustment than the Spektrum that came in the BNF kit.

I'd prefer something other than a spektrum which is why I ask.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:58 PM
Montag DP is offline
Find More Posts by Montag DP
Sink stinks
Montag DP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thews View Post
One of my blades is clearly tracking maybe 1/4" higher than the other. With nothing clearly adjustable attaching to the main blade holders, what is the best way to adjust the blade tracking on a mCP X v2?
My blades have actually been a little out of track ever since I first got mine, but not 1/4", maybe 1/16" - 1/8", so I don't worry about it. Has yours always been out of track? I'm thinking perhaps careful balancing will help with mine, but 1/4" seems like there must be something else wrong, such as a bent spindle.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:59 PM
enfurno is offline
Find More Posts by enfurno
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
Well, it's gotta be a Spektrum radio. Can probably use some other TX with a spektrum radio if you want. That's what's built in to the mcpx.
So the Airtronics is completely out of the question. JR is compatible, but man they are pricey. There is a DX7 in the classifieds for $150.. Might pull the trigger, I just keep reading about how spektrum gear falls apart rather quickly.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:03 PM
Sammy70 is offline
Find More Posts by Sammy70
PSALM 14:1
Sammy70's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by enfurno View Post
... I just keep reading about how spektrum gear falls apart rather quickly.
Not sure where you "keep" reading that, but mine has been rock solid 110% perfect for years now...
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:21 PM
wlee1017 is offline
Find More Posts by wlee1017
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by enfurno View Post
So the Airtronics is completely out of the question. JR is compatible, but man they are pricey. There is a DX7 in the classifieds for $150.. Might pull the trigger, I just keep reading about how spektrum gear falls apart rather quickly.
surprise me. my spektrum gears work fine for years.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:21 PM
Stugoose is offline
Find More Posts by Stugoose
Registered User
Stugoose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
My blades have actually been a little out of track ever since I first got mine, but not 1/4", maybe 1/16" - 1/8", so I don't worry about it. Has yours always been out of track? I'm thinking perhaps careful balancing will help with mine, but 1/4" seems like there must be something else wrong, such as a bent spindle.

I had made some observations n this regard, tracking on an mcpx can appear off due to blade flex on the flimsy plastics, my pal at the shop told me about this, But i spent hours and hours trying different spindles when i was later told to some extent the blades flex
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:42 PM
gknight4 is offline
Find More Posts by gknight4
Registered User
I searched the thread, but could find no reference to this:

The mounting holes in the main blades are the right diameter so that a simple toothpick makes a great blade balancer. Force the two blades on the same end of the toothpick with one "upside down" so that the two leading edges are aligned when the blades are at 180 degrees. Balance the ends of the toothpick between your index finger and the table top. It's amazingly sensitive!
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:53 PM
NwRcFlight is offline
Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
EDF Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by enfurno View Post
So the Airtronics is completely out of the question. JR is compatible, but man they are pricey. There is a DX7 in the classifieds for $150.. Might pull the trigger, I just keep reading about how spektrum gear falls apart rather quickly.
I have Spectrum D6i (4 years), DX7 (5 years), and DX8 (14 months) and none of them have fallen apart.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15700 Oct 13, 2016 06:35 PM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 27, 2011 12:34 AM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 08:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 09:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 03:28 PM