Thread Tools
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:57 PM
dze is offline
dze
Find More Posts by dze
dze
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
2S motors

http://www.clubheli.com/Oversky-HP08...OR_p_2835.html

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...mart&Itemid=31

2S guide http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=341139

Any 3 amp Diode will work. There is a .7 volt drop through the diode. Its a proven method for dropping BEC voltage down to 1S voltage when running a 2 cell brushless setup on the AR6400 in UM planes.
awesome, thanks for the info ...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:07 PM
perschek is offline
Find More Posts by perschek
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dze View Post
awesome, thanks for the info ...
****drooollssss**** why'd you have to go and show us that...
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:10 PM
perschek is offline
Find More Posts by perschek
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
I've decided to direct solder my tail motor wires. I've got enough length in case I have to cut and resolder new motors on. I'm just torn on removing the connector and soldering to back of pcb, OR leaving the connector and soldering to front of pcb....... Any suggestions dylan or anyone whos done this. The connector is worn out probably from tinning the male connectors and shoving them in..

I just started to read on people changing the mosfets on the pcb, when and why are people doing this do they just wear out after awhile?? I hope I never have to do this! Those things are tiny
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:25 PM
Stugoose is offline
Find More Posts by Stugoose
Registered User
Stugoose's Avatar
have u ever seen my youtube vid where i replace the,
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:35 PM
Dylwad is offline
Find More Posts by Dylwad
.................
Dylwad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
I've decided to direct solder my tail motor wires. I've got enough length in case I have to cut and resolder new motors on. I'm just torn on removing the connector and soldering to back of pcb, OR leaving the connector and soldering to front of pcb....... Any suggestions dylan or anyone whos done this. The connector is worn out probably from tinning the male connectors and shoving them in..

I just started to read on people changing the mosfets on the pcb, when and why are people doing this do they just wear out after awhile?? I hope I never have to do this! Those things are tiny
Removing the connector can be a chore if your not good at the micro soldering. I have gone to the dual tail FET using the main FET's, with the signal wire passing through the board, 24 gauge Silver teflon insulated wire leads soldered to the main motor plug (which is now the tail output) with micro bullets. changing booms is easy now and there are no wires wrapping around the main board (except the motor leads)

Burnt tail FET's are pretty much always from having the tail motor wires short to each other.

Dylan

I figured out a slick way to turn the C05M into a 2S motor, put the magnet bell from the 3700KV C05M on it, and you get exactly half the KV I will definitely be playing around with it soon.

C05M 11,500KV has 6 magnets, 3700KV has 12.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:36 PM
perschek is offline
Find More Posts by perschek
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugoose View Post
have u ever seen my youtube vid where i replace the,
yes I watched it but do they just burn out every now and again or something?? Is it pretty noticeable when they do
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:38 PM
Dylwad is offline
Find More Posts by Dylwad
.................
Dylwad's Avatar
BTW I have never burnt an FET on any of my MCPx's (knock on wood)
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:43 PM
perschek is offline
Find More Posts by perschek
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
yes I watched it but do they just burn out every now and again or something?? Is it pretty noticeable when they do
Yes I have mcpx hypochondria. Someone has a problem I think I'm going to have it
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:49 PM
perschek is offline
Find More Posts by perschek
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Removing the connector can be a chore if your not good at the micro soldering. I have gone to the dual tail FET using the main FET's, with the signal wire passing through the board, 24 gauge Silver teflon insulated wire leads soldered to the main motor plug (which is now the tail output) with micro bullets. changing booms is easy now and there are no wires wrapping around the main board (except the motor leads)

Burnt tail FET's are pretty much always from having the tail motor wires short to each other.

Dylan

I figured out a slick way to turn the C05M into a 2S motor, put the magnet bell from the 3700KV C05M on it, and you get exactly half the KV I will definitely be playing around with it soon.

C05M 11,500KV has 6 magnets, 3700KV has 12.
I have had thoughts about doing the bullet connectors as well thats an awesome idea. I don't have the capabilities to use the main motor plug because i have the steve and not the aeo like you. Don't know what to solder to get your same results. I'm probably going to solder to the front of the board and use bullet connectors attatched to the main frame where the boom meats to have a "quick" change as well I think thats an awesome idea, as much as I change my tail
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:52 PM
Dylwad is offline
Find More Posts by Dylwad
.................
Dylwad's Avatar
Thesteve solders to the same spot as the AEO to get 100% throttle linearity.

In fact, Thesteve and the AEO converter work exactly the same for all intensive purposes.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:56 PM
Dylwad is offline
Find More Posts by Dylwad
.................
Dylwad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
flew my kbdd mains today with my hyperion battery the battery is great 4 mins and only used 120mah out of it. the blades, well there okay but i was expecting much better flight. i think the stock mains fly a lil better but will give some more flights to decide for sure
Try upping the pitch a few points over the stock blades.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:57 PM
Stugoose is offline
Find More Posts by Stugoose
Registered User
Stugoose's Avatar
many a mcp ago i was the same way,
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:58 PM
perschek is offline
Find More Posts by perschek
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
But don't I have to remove a resistor?? (can't find the resistor anywhere, pretty positive I don't have a resistor on my steve converter, but I have no clue.... I want to solder to that point to get linear throttle but don't want to do it if it won't work. Right now I'm soldered to the front of the board motor + spot
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:37 PM
perschek is offline
Find More Posts by perschek
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar

Sneak peak! New horizon hobby secret helicopter!!!!!!!!!!


Ok heres my solution to the tail motor connector failing FOR NOW I'm sure I'll end up with a different solution eventually but I think tis will do for now. Soldered to the front of board and ran the wire through my landing gear.

Top secret BLADE helicopter project sneak peak! Could this be the 120cp!?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:40 PM
Stugoose is offline
Find More Posts by Stugoose
Registered User
Stugoose's Avatar
are u for real? is there a secret!!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15700 Oct 13, 2016 06:35 PM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 27, 2011 12:34 AM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 08:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 09:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 03:28 PM