May 19, 2011, 02:06 PM
It only cost £50 honest!
Oh dear, I'm in trouble.
I was flying missions over my fish pond (it has a net over it so no risk of dunking it) against the pesky midges, trying to swat them with the sharp edges of the blades, had to take evasive action to avoid the red acer bush, which tried to down me, and hit my wifes stock of bedding plants all nicely lined up on the patio. Bits of geranium went everywhere. Cleaned the bits up without her seeing it, but she's bound to notice the shoots with no heads on.
Now do I own up and take it like a man, or flatly deny all knowledge of it?
Already been banned from flying indoors after breaking a glass vase.
What would you do?
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2011, 02:11 PM
Whats a geranium, honey????
May 19, 2011, 02:13 PM
Rocket Programmer
Nothing you can do will address the root problem of fearing your wife...

But you can get some nylon plants, they look pretty real, and more than likely will beat the crap out of any heli that challenges them.
May 19, 2011, 03:59 PM
I buy ikarus piccolo/Eco8 stuf
set all of her plants on fire, say lightning must have got em.
May 19, 2011, 04:58 PM
Vienna calling...
Oh man - buy new plants, bring flowers - what's the problem?

Walter
May 19, 2011, 05:16 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid
after flying the snot outa my mCPx yesterday, I was about ta get 1 more flight in, when she realy started ta act weird!

upon closer inspection, I noticed the tail boom was cracked, didn't realy crash it that hard yesterday, so the damage must have already been done!

so guess what? come on guess!

yup thats right, I just happen ta have a spare tail boom support for a 250 now I have a mCPx with the 1" tail mod! ok it seems ta fly smoother!

now I just need a trex tail rotor!
Ya can't just come on here and say something like that with out backing it up with a photo.

Come on, me wants ta see's pics
May 19, 2011, 05:49 PM
I just nosed dived trying to do a loop with out idle up on. I was a good 30 + feet up to! Do I have to have idle up on to do basic loops? I did it just like I do on phoenix fully down on the right stick (mode 2) and bang nose dive right into the dirt. The Heli looked like it exploded. Canopy flew off blades flying. It was Michael Bay epic but all that broke was my feathering shaft. Dropped $14 at my LHS for a whole head assembly and I was back in the air half an hour later. These little things are bullet proof!
May 19, 2011, 05:56 PM
Get out and fly it!
Not that I have flown a loop yet, but how far around did you get? I have looped in the sims with no negative pitch on and made it around but I really don't place much stock in sims for actually simulating heli performance and only use them for orientation/stick drills. I would have thought that if you had positive pitch on with a bit of up elevator then you should have been able pull out, but someone who can loop is probably better at answering this. Glad you got back flying so easily. Perhaps you stalled the blades in a similar way you can stall an aircraft in a dive if you try to pull out too hard/fast???
Last edited by stevebarrow; May 19, 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: typos...
May 19, 2011, 06:41 PM
not crazy, dont play one on tv
Was hovering fine this morning, this afternoon throttle hold is needed to take off... Tried rebinding same thing, is the 3-1 board bad, it's a week old Heli....in the book it says if TH raises swashplate to rebind, did it 7. Times and same Thing, it's holding to ground real good, and if I hit TH it will take off. Thanks
May 19, 2011, 06:57 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
Woo! All the specs are in the photos.

Hey bro what landing gear is that? I likes it! I wants it!

Bud, wants it Bud
May 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
Get out and fly it!
boxhead which TX are you using? Is the main gear all the way up - are you getting 0 pitch at mid throttle?
May 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
Just a bored guy
It is the new gear from bimRc. I am bimRc. I just had a short abusive flight and both components worked as expected.

I made the pegs a tad too small so I had to use a little heatshrink so that they would fit snug. The stock battery tray is also a tad too wide. I will correct these issues though.

The gear has a much greater footprint (55mm width) compared to the stock 35mm footprint, which makes tipovers a much less likely event.

I am still talking it over with Dylwad ("the battery mount man"), but I'll try to make it so that his mounts work with my gear.

Not only will there be the tail fin and the lg, but there will also be tail supports. Notice the two little holes on the rear of the lg.

The video quality is not great, but the overall objective is clear.

mCP X Super Landing Gear (0 min 29 sec)

The gear will be available in red, black, dark grey, purple, and white.
Last edited by boredom.is.me; May 19, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
May 19, 2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown
I just nosed dived trying to do a loop with out idle up on. I was a good 30 + feet up to! Do I have to have idle up on to do basic loops? I did it just like I do on phoenix fully down on the right stick (mode 2) and bang nose dive right into the dirt. The Heli looked like it exploded. Canopy flew off blades flying. It was Michael Bay epic but all that broke was my feathering shaft. Dropped $14 at my LHS for a whole head assembly and I was back in the air half an hour later. These little things are bullet proof!
You will need to be in idle up mode to do a loop. It might be possible to do it in regular mode, but I would guess only by a pilot very experienced in Heli loops. The problem is when you are not in idle up mode as the pitch reaches a more neutral position the head speed drops. Bigger helis usually have a one way bearing so you can autorotate and head speed does no drop as much when you lower the pitch. Sim heli's often have the one way bearing so you can autorotate.

I have not done a loop yet, but I have flipped it and rolled it. I was about 30ft up in a hover, pulled all the way back (or one side) and changed the pitch to negative as it went inverted and then back to positive. I loose about 10-20ft in altitude when I do this. I think this is the nature of the heli. The head speed drops some when trying this even at full idle up. If I could pause it more while inverted I am guessing I could maintain more altitude. Getting the timing right for everything is also important to maintaining some altitude.

If things go wrong or the tail blows out (I had to reduce my pitch to 70%) just hit the throttle hold. I have watched it fall from about 10-15ft onto grass with no damage.
May 19, 2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow
Not that I have flown a loop yet, but how far around did you get? I have looped in the sims with no negative pitch on and made it around but I really don't place much stock in sims for actually simulating heli performance and only use them for orientation/stick drills. I would have thought that if you had positive pitch on with a bit of up elevator then you should have been able pull out, but someone who can loop is probably better at answering this. Glad you got back flying so easily. Perhaps you stalled the blades in a similar way you can stall an aircraft in a dive if you try to pull out too hard/fast???
I petty much had her licked. Got inverted and then she came rocketing down nose first. I was pretty sure I had full elevator on ( right stick down). But she didn't pull out of it. I was a bit nerves while I was doing it so who knows. Probably just noob error. Next time I will try it with idle up on and see how it goes. But I will wait awhile before I try that again. As I was looking at the pieces of my new mpcx laying about I realize I was in no position to replace it and could not bare going with out it

Quick Reply